• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Coral Rupay CC UPI payment

pra300

TF Buzz
I recently got the card and was trying to make UPI payments. I am aware that it works only for merchant payments.

1) Payment to sweets shop - the payment showed business name so it was definitely merchant account. But payment failed.
2) Later today I paid on a website which showed QR code with the order amount prefilled - Payment successful.

Is this how the UPI on Rupay CC works? QR code must have amount?

if merchants has opted to receive rupay payment for only 2k per day(which is free) then sometime it allows users to pay but payment will fail after entering pin

I recently got the card and was trying to make UPI payments. I am aware that it works only for merchant payments.

1) Payment to sweets shop - the payment showed business name so it was definitely merchant account. But payment failed.
2) Later today I paid on a website which showed QR code with the order amount prefilled - Payment successful.

Is this how the UPI on Rupay CC works? QR code must have amount?
There might be several things at play here:

1. Issues at beneficiary bank.
2. Payment gateway, ie. UPI issues.
3. Server Timeouts.
4. Merchant has disabled payments via Rupay on UPI.
5. It was a one-time incident.

I have been using this card since more than a year and had faced issues only thrice and that too because of beneficiary bank problems and merchant not accepting payments via Rupay on UPI

Back