• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Balance Refund option for all bank credit cards

srichaitanya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Last month, for SBI simplyclick credit card, I was charged annual fee of Rs. 500 + GST on the day of statement generation and statement was generated. I had to pay the entire bill including the annual fee. I was eligible for annual fee waiver and the amount of Rs. 590 was refunded back in a few days and I had a negative balance in the card. In SBI, there is an option of Credit Balance Refund where we can transfer negative balance to our bank account. So, I used that option to transfer that negative balance back to my bank account which took 3 days.

This month, for ICICI Rubyx credit card, eventhough LTF, ICICI charged me joining fee of Rs 3000 + GST on the day of statement generation and statement was generated. I have emailed ICICI about charging joining fee for LTF card and they reversed the joining fee charges. Now, I have to pay the full bill generated including the joining fee eventhough its reversed. I could not find any option for Credit Balance Refund in iMobile app for ICICI. Does anyone know how to get Credit Balance Refund from ICICI cards?

To help others, many times we face credit balance refund for cases like merchant refund, reversal of fees, payment of more than generated bill etc..
So, use this thread if you know how to do credit balance refund for other banks as well.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Last month, for SBI simplyclick credit card, I was charged annual fee of Rs. 500 + GST on the day of statement generation and statement was generated. I had to pay the entire bill including the annual fee. I was eligible for annual fee waiver and the amount of Rs. 590 was refunded back in a few days and I had a negative balance in the card. In SBI, there is an option of Credit Balance Refund where we can transfer negative balance to our bank account. So, I used that option to transfer that negative balance back to my bank account which took 3 days.

This month, for ICICI Rubyx credit card, eventhough LTF, ICICI charged me joining fee of Rs 3000 + GST on the day of statement generation and statement was generated. I have emailed ICICI about charging joining fee for LTF card and they reversed the joining fee charges. Now, I have to pay the full bill generated including the joining fee eventhough its reversed. I could not find any option for Credit Balance Refund in iMobile app for ICICI. Does anyone know how to get Credit Balance Refund from ICICI cards?

To help others, many times we face credit balance refund for cases like merchant refund, reversal of fees, payment of more than generated bill etc..
So, use this thread if you know how to do credit balance refund for other banks as well.
Wise way for this scenarios I used to load any mobile wallet for the credit value and make it nullified.
Never tried to bank transfer.
Swipe pos we can’t plan exactly refunded amount so I use wallet loading