• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment issue

SwipeSavvy

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What is this nonsense by SBI?

I received this message after I paid my credit card dues. My credit card bill is 3491, the exact amount I am paying.

Dear Cardholder, payment of Rs.3,491.00 made towards your SBI Credit Card XXxxxx on 19-06-24 could not be processed as the amount paid is more than the outstanding amount. Your payment has been returned to the source account. To check your outstanding amount, login to our Website / Mobile App.

How can I make the payment if they are going to reverse it anyway?

I have some cashback credited and no other payment made . But it has never been the issue till now, I have always paid the total outstanding ignoring the cashback to be on the safer side.

I have some cashback credited and no other payment made . But it has never been the issue till now, I have always paid the total outstanding ignoring the cashback to be on the safer side.
Anyway Cashback is counted as Repayment towards last Billed Amount.

You can Pay remaining amount.

Now they are not allowing excesss repayments then Pay what is remaining

I made a transaction of Rs.2.6L on ICICI Bank with Tata motors dealership on their POS.
I want to make 6-12EMIs for this transaction, what could be best option to go?
- BT from other card
- Credit line
- PL
- Simply request for 12 EMIs on ICICI card itself

What is this nonsense by SBI?

I received this message after I paid my credit card dues. My credit card bill is 3491, the exact amount I am paying.

Dear Cardholder, payment of Rs.3,491.00 made towards your SBI Credit Card XXxxxx on 19-06-24 could not be processed as the amount paid is more than the outstanding amount. Your payment has been returned to the source account. To check your outstanding amount, login to our Website / Mobile App.

How can I make the payment if they are going to reverse it anyway?
Hi,
Have you received the amount returned to your source account?
If so, how many days will it take?

Team, I tried to pay my SBI Card payment today morning from Cred app. The due amount as per last statement was Rs 180740. But while paying from Cred, it showed 180741 (don't know why and how).

When I paid, the amount got deducted from bank account, but no message from SBI for more than an hour.

Later, I got the message saying "Dear Cardholder, payment of Rs.180,741.00 made towards your SBI Credit Card XXyyyy on 01-09-24 could not be processed as the amount paid is more than the outstanding amount. Your payment has been returned to the source account. To check your outstanding amount, login to our Website / Mobile App."

Will I contacted Cred, they say that there is no issue with payment and it may take 2 working days to get credited onto my card.

What are my options now.. Tomorrow is due date.

If payment gets credited even on 3rd Sept but with today's date as payment date, there is no issue.

If it doesn't get updated even after 2 days and then it gets refunded and I need to pay again, then I'll miss due date. Hence to be on safe side, shall I make payment of min amount by tomorrow. This may help if original payment get refunded back and then I can pay balance immediately.

Need options.

Thanks in advance.

Team, I tried to pay my SBI Card payment today morning from Cred app. The due amount as per last statement was Rs 180740. But while paying from Cred, it showed 180741 (don't know why and how).
Were you aware about the mismatch of amount while paying? You must check your statement, Mobile/ Internet Banking before paying.

I have seen many case, sometimes, it shows more and vice versa.
When I paid, the amount got deducted from bank account, but no message from SBI for more than an hour.

Later, I got the message saying "Dear Cardholder, payment of Rs.180,741.00 made towards your SBI Credit Card XXyyyy on 01-09-24 could not be processed as the amount paid is more than the outstanding amount. Your payment has been returned to the source account. To check your outstanding amount, login to our Website / Mobile App."
It's SBI and it works like that, aren't you aware about it? SBI don't accept payment more than....
Will I contacted Cred, they say that there is no issue with payment and it may take 2 working days to get credited onto my card.

What are my options now.. Tomorrow is due date.

If payment gets credited even on 3rd Sept but with today's date as payment date, there is no issue.
How it will get credited on 3rd September with today's date if it's reversed/ refunded? It wouldn't.
If it doesn't get updated even after 2 days and then it gets refunded and I need to pay again, then I'll miss due date.
Yes, you may miss the due date and need to pay. But you have grace period as well, as per RBI. Hope, it will credited till then but don't rely on Cred that it will get credited within said time for sure.
Hence to be on safe side, shall I make payment of min amount by tomorrow.
Why not? Go ahead! Something is better than nothing, atleast your credit report will remain safe.
This may help if original payment get refunded back and then I can pay balance immediately.

Need options.

Thanks in advance.
But I don't know that why you guys take such risk? What if it will not get refunded in time? What will you do?

No intention to offend: You have spent ₹180740, but you don't have bank balance of 2X. So, it seems you're overusing your card. To avoid such situation, make payment before 7-10 days, when bank balance is not atleast 2X of the amount due.

From next time make sure to see your due amount via offical medium. Never, take such risk with any bank, especially SBI who rejects such payment instantly.

Last edited:
Did you aware about the amount mismatch while paying? You must check your statement, Mobile/ Internet Banking.

I have seen many case, sometimes, it shows more and vice versa.

It's SBI and it works like that, aren't you aware about it? SBI don't accept payment more than....

How it will get credited on 3rd September with today's date if it's reversed/ refunded? It wouldn't.

Yes, you may miss the due date and need to pay. But you have grace period as well, as per RBI. Hope, it will credited till then.

Why not? Go ahead! Something is better than nothing, atleast your credit report will remain safe.

But I don't know that why you guys take such risk? What if it will not get refunded in time? What will you do?

No intention to offend: You have spent ₹180740, but you don't have bank balance of 2X. Seems you're overusing your card.

From next time make sure to see your due amount via offical medium. Never, take such risk with any bank, especially SBI who reject such payment instantly.
I've been using Cred for more than 2 years and never ever had any such payment issue with SBI or any other credit card.

Hence I didn't check if the amount in units place is 0 or 1. Based on this I understand that it's cred's mistake to deduct 741 instead of 740.

What CRED CC informed me, is that the max time for payment to get reflected in card account is 2 days but with payment date as today's date. Since I paid today which is non working day, 3rd will be 2nd working day. If payment is through, 3rd will get posted with today's date. This was what I intended to explain.

I wasn't aware that SBI was like this as I haven't had any issue since more than 2 years with payment from Cred app. May it was an issue with cred app now due to rounding to higher integer than taking exact amount.

I'm not over spending my card limit. I've paid my daughter's college fee and I need to repay card due amount. I generally pay 1 or 2 days ahead of due date.

In such a scenario, has anyone got refund as per message from SBI Card.

Thanks for your suggestions and I'll remember going forward.

I've been using Cred for more than 2 years and never ever had any such payment issue with SBI
Your Outstanding Amount Must be in Decimals.

SBI statement reflects rounded down Amount.

Cred Reflects Rounded up Amount. Mistake is from Cred End only.

All other Apps Fetch exact Amount in Decimals but Cred rounded it up.

You can not Pay more than Current Outstanding in case of SBI Cards. Even if payment is more than a single paisa, SBI Will reject the Payment irrespective of Platform from which Payment is made.

For some users SBI is accepting around 5% Extra than Current Outstanding but for some users not accepting even a single Paisa extra

So Always Pay Amount keeping in Mind decimals and Current Outstanding in case of SBI.

For now Clear the Outstanding ASAP, Cred will refund the Amount.

Your Outstanding Amount Must be in Decimals.

SBI statement reflects rounded down Amount.

Cred Reflects Rounded up Amount. Mistake is from Cred End only.

All other Apps Fetch exact Amount in Decimals but Cred rounded it up.

You can not Pay more than Current Outstanding in case of SBI Cards. Even if payment is more than a single paisa, SBI Will reject the Payment irrespective of platofrm from which Payment is made.

For some users SBI is accepting upto 5% Extra than Current Outstanding but for some users not even a single Paisa extra

So Always Pay Amount keeping in Mind decimals and Current Outstanding in case of SBI.

For now Clear the Outstanding ASAP, Cred will refund the Amount.
A valid point that I learnt today.

I forgot to mention one more scenario. There is a refund of 10K also which makes total due as 170740. So should I pay 170740 or 180740 as per statement.

Hope I'll get the original paid amount. Thanks.

A valid point that I learnt today.

I forgot to mention one more scenario. There is a refund of 10K also which makes total due as 170740. So should I pay 170740 or 180740 as per statement.

Hope I'll get the original paid amount. Thanks.
SBI will not allow you to pay 180k or more than Current Outstanding.

Open SBI Card App and click Pay Now and enter 180k. There it will show maximum Amount you can pay. Pay that Amount and also take screenshot of that screen for future if they Deduct any charges.

I've been using Cred for more than 2 years and never ever had any such payment issue with SBI or any other credit card.

Hence I didn't check if the amount in units place is 0 or 1. Based on this I understand that it's cred's mistake to deduct 741 instead of 740.
You can make Cred responsible for this and can claim charges, if levied but strong fight required.
What CRED CC informed me, is that the max time for payment to get reflected in card account is 2 days but with payment date as today's date.
Bro, via BBPS, it's instant. Before it was happening like that when they used to pay via NEFT or some other mode.
Since I paid today which is non working day, 3rd will be 2nd working day. If payment is through, 3rd will get posted with today's date. This was what I intended to explain.
But the matter is, your payment was not successful.
I wasn't aware that SBI was like this as I haven't had any issue since more than 2 years with payment from Cred app. May it was an issue with cred app now due to rounding to higher integer than taking exact amount.
Your due amount was in decimal? Was it a whole number?
I'm not over spending my card limit.
I didn't mean that you're spending more than you card limit. 😂
I've paid my daughter's college fee and I need to repay card due amount. I generally pay 1 or 2 days ahead of due date.

In such a scenario, has anyone got refund as per message from SBI Card.

Thanks for your suggestions and I'll remember going forward.
Ok!

Back