• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment using Burgundy and Indusind exclusive debit cards not getting points anymore

drsel

TF Prestige
Now are there any debit cards which give points for credit card bill payment ?

since May or June 2024, IndusInd exclusive debit card and Axis Burgundy debit card are not giving points for credit card bill payment.

The debit card statement shows 0 points for credit card bills paid using Axis Burgundy and Indusind exclusive debit card on apps like Cheq, etc

Few months back Axis had completely locked payments on Cheq using Burgundy and the customer are informed me that they have blocked payments to Cheq. Now they must have stopped giving Reward points on the CC payments through Cheq. You can try payments through Paytm using your Burgundy DC. IDFC never gives rewards for CC payments on any platform whereas AU and SBI are still giving.
Unfortunately Paytm is not supporting any credit card bill payment of Axis Bank, because of the new RBI rule.
Axis Bank is not BBPS complaint

Unfortunately Paytm is not supporting any credit card bill payment of Axis Bank, because of the new RBI rule.
Axis Bank is not BBPS complaint
doesnt suport MC DC, i was trying to pay Apay icici
any one got burgandy DC visa? does it even exist?

burgandy private DC has any exclusions ?
I don't know about Burgundy Private but the regular Burgundy debit card has got the same exclusions as Magnus burgundy credit card.

So I expect that Burgundy Private exclusions will be the same as Burgundy regular debit card

are you getting points ? can you please confirm.

edit: Never mind, found it myself:p
No Paytm cannot process credit card bill payments of Axis bank because of RBI rule.
Axis Bank is not BBPS complaint.

Also Paytm does not accept any MasterCard so Burgundy MasterCard debit card cannot be used even after Axis Bank becomes BBPS complaint

Only those having a 5 crore relationship with Axis Bank can answer this question, because only they will have the Burgundy Private debit card lifetime free
what about people like us? so we go back to days when we get no Points for paying CC bills through Axis Debit Cards

• Hehe
Reactions: m4b
what about people like us? so we go back to days when we get no Points for paying CC bills through Axis Debit Cards
Activate automatic full payment in card controls on Axis app.
The money will automatically be debited from your savings account on the last due day but you won't get any points

All banks are trying to avoid giving points for credit card bill payments using debit card
even IndusInd Bank said the same thing it's not only Axis Bank

Reactions: m4b
All banks are trying to avoid giving points for credit card bill payments using debit card
even IndusInd Bank said the same thing it's not only Axis Bank
Yes in principle it may be true..
But in practice many banks are giving CB in CC payments unlike 🪓

Your example of IndusInd not giving points in their DC is plain Not Right….
In fact they themselves promote and advertise it
Look at Indie…
This is the screenshot in Indie application about bill payments and rewards on Credit card bill payment….

1721198082677.webp

Last edited:
Yes in principle it may be true..
But in practice many banks are giving CB in CC payments unlike 🪓

Your example of IndusInd not giving points in their DC is plain not right ….
Look at Indie
But I used IndusInd exclusive debit card, which is supposedly better and didn't get any reward points

But I used IndusInd exclusive debit card, which is supposedly better and didn't get any reward points
Like anything, there are places to use and places not to use…
Look at the Indie example I had shown above

Too much hustle man! I have stopped looking for rewards for every transaction. It took a toll on me.
Ha ha and now you have to actually go on holidays to use all those hotel points and airmiles, both of which are the fastest depreciating currencies in the world

Last edited:
Yesterday I was exploring Axis e-debit card. It has a milestone benefit i.e 1 Lac of spends (physical /onlinepurchase) using their E-Debit card in a year will be
rewarded with 2000 ER. I am not sure of its existance.

Too much hustle man! I have stopped looking for rewards for every transaction. It took a toll on me.
100% right…
This is generally true for all banks per say…
In case of 🪓 It is particularly true and hence I avoid them as our time is much more valuable than any rewards in this world…
We need to choose our banking partner where they don’t deviate from their promises and policies quite often …
That is the reason why I don’t deal with persons/ organisations where they keep on changing goal post while the game is still on even if they promise 50% CB.. it is just me

Yesterday I was exploring Axis e-debit card. It has a milestone benefit i.e 1 Lac of spends (physical /onlinepurchase) using their E-Debit card in a year will be
rewarded with 2000 ER. I am not sure of its existance.
You should read * marked items and I am sure there will be a hell a lot of exclusions documented or undocumented…

Back