• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment using HDFC billpay

gauravbhati

TF Premier
Depends on card bank..For Amex it happens almost instantly and gets adjusted next day

For ICICI, it's 3rd day for me but still not credited or confirmation
So we'll hv to make payment 5-6 days before due date ??

Although I read somewhere that the day you make payment is the day considered as payment date and not the date when it is settled. Is it so ?
What if the bank put penalty on it ? (Asking because I did a payment 2 days ago and tomorrow is the due date for my card and it is not settled yet, faced this first time, so worried.)

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So we'll hv to make payment 5-6 days before due date ??

Although I read somewhere that the day you make payment is the day considered as payment date and not the date when it is settled. Is it so ?
What if the bank put penalty on it ? (Asking because I did a payment 2 days ago and tomorrow is the due date for my card and it is not settled yet, faced this first time, so worried.)
You get reference number generated immediately. But if payment doesn't reflect with credit card bank, system will charge penalty and you will have to go through the hassle of calling Customer care and getting reversal.

Better is at least 4 days before due date. I did payment for ICICI day before yesterday, let's see when it reflects. Will update here

gauravbhati

TF Premier
You get reference number generated immediately. But if payment doesn't reflect with credit card bank, system will charge penalty and you will have to go through the hassle of calling Customer care and getting reversal.

Better is at least 4 days before due date. I did payment for ICICI day before yesterday, let's see when it reflects. Will update here

Sure bro!
I hope my payment gets credited today or else I'll have to tackle the customer care next week. 🥲

samm255

TF Ace
Is this still working ? I have an HDFC Reward Debit Card and have the option to upgrade it to PLATINUM DEBIT CARD (750 Fees)
Yes, try to upgrade to Classic banking program first by maintaining 1 lakh in savings account and then request for DC upgrade. All DCs are free for classic account. You can pull out fundings once account upgraded to classic, no mab charges.

gauravbhati

TF Premier
Yes, try to upgrade to Classic banking program first by maintaining 1 lakh in savings account and then request for DC upgrade. All DCs are free for classic account. You can pull out fundings once account upgraded to classic, no mab charges.

But they downgrade once you do not MAB... So when the downgrade happens is the debit card free or paid ??

samm255

TF Ace
But they downgrade once you do not MAB... So when the downgrade happens is the debit card free or paid ?
Paid. DC is only free until you have premium banking program. You can upgrade to 25k mab savings max account which comes with free Platinum DC. They don't downgrade that very easily like other banks.

gauravbhati

TF Premier
Paid. DC is only free until you have premium banking program. You can upgrade to 25k mab savings max account which comes with free Platinum DC. They don't downgrade that very easily like other banks.

Yaa, the Savings Max account thing is good. Although my RM told me that very few people(RM) knows how to downgrade otherwise the classic membership goes on even on low balance.

Anurag

TF Buzz
Ah! This is reassuring. Thank you @Hemang. For your question on making hdfc credit card payments, I use the promo code "fullpay" from Mobikwik as it gives a cashback of 1% up to Rs.100 for all cards. Currently, I am using Millenia and I use this trick if I exhaust the Rs.400 per month limit for paying credit card bills through wallet reloads.
You are referring to payzapp wallet right?
Can i pay sbi card bill using payzapp wallet reload?