• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment using HDFC billpay

Vineet_

TF Premier
Recently paid early morning Axis card bill payment via millennia dc it says payment successful by BBPS but not reflected any where in the axis will it come or refund.

Kindly confirm anyone will millennia dc cashback still eligible from hdfc bill pay for credit card bill payment? anyone received .

desiviru

TF Buzz
Good Morning to All the TF community members. This is my first post after registration. Have been following TechnoFino since years but never registered as most stuff posted here was already known to me and I take the risk for something to fetch results myself.

Now needed your help, so registered. I took HDFC Millennia DC 4 months ago i,e in Jan 2024. (You know the reason already: CC Payment via HDFC BillPay and Unipay) but yet to receive first cashback as did first txn on smartbuy in Feb and expected cashback month is this one May till 31st or June 1st week if delayed.

I hold HDFC Millennia CC and in past saw many failures on HDFC CC payment via Unipay using HDFC Mill. DC. But in Apr/May month no issues. Paid on Apr 7 morning at 09:15 AM, settled on Apr 9 (checked 08:30 AM). This month paid on May 15, settled on May 17, again within 48 hours. Settlement date is May 15 in HDFC statement.

Query is, on HDFC BillPay, SBI CC is labelled as BBPS biller. So whether I will get cashback for it or not if paid via Millennia DC? On Unipay, SBI card payment via Millennia DC is failing since last 4 days. Tried with Rs.100/250/500/1000. So yesterday paid via HDFC BillPay (Added card 72 hours before making first payment) and it went through instantly. But now txn in statement shows as BBPS BillPay instead of HDFC BIllpay like it shows for ICICI Card payment which is not under BBPS category. So whether it will fetch cashback or not?

Secondly, anyone here who was able to successfully pay SBI CC bill at Unipay using HDFC DC in last one week?

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Good Morning to All the TF community members. This is my first post after registration. Have been following TechnoFino since years but never registered as most stuff posted here was already known to me and I take the risk for something to fetch results myself.

Now needed your help, so registered. I took HDFC Millennia DC 4 months ago i,e in Jan 2024. (You know the reason already: CC Payment via HDFC BillPay and Unipay) but yet to receive first cashback as did first txn on smartbuy in Feb and expected cashback month is this one May till 31st or June 1st week if delayed.

I hold HDFC Millennia CC and in past saw many failures on HDFC CC payment via Unipay using HDFC Mill. DC. But in Apr/May month no issues. Paid on Apr 7 morning at 09:15 AM, settled on Apr 9 (checked 08:30 AM). This month paid on May 15, settled on May 17, again within 48 hours. Settlement date is May 15 in HDFC statement.

Query is, on HDFC BillPay, SBI CC is labelled as BBPS biller. So whether I will get cashback for it or not if paid via Millennia DC? On Unipay, SBI card payment via Millennia DC is failing since last 4 days. Tried with Rs.100/250/500/1000. So yesterday paid via HDFC BillPay (Added card 72 hours before making first payment) and it went through instantly. But now txn in statement shows as BBPS BillPay instead of HDFC BIllpay like it shows for ICICI Card payment which is not under BBPS category. So whether it will fetch cashback or not?

Secondly, anyone here who was able to successfully pay SBI CC bill at Unipay using HDFC DC in last one week?
You'll get cashback for SBI CC bill payment on HDFC Bill Pay.

desiviru

TF Buzz
You'll get cashback for SBI CC bill payment on HDFC Bill Pay.
Thanks for your reply. I was a bit doubtful for BBPS biller as they fall under Utility category although in bank statement it is POS like any other txn.

{
()start_query

If you or anyone here knows, whether Tax payment using Millenia DC will fetch cashback also? Have to pay 75K as tax incl. me and family members.

In Millennia DC TnC, it is written as follows:

No CashBack points for transactions on Fuel, Jewellery & Business Services including Credit Card Payment, Insurance Premium Payment & other Business Services. It doesn't mention that Government payment specifically like in many other DCs or CCs.

()end_query
}

Currently for tax payment, using my Millennia CC to load PZ (1% CB) and then pay. PZ card is taken as Credit Card at IT Portal and charges 0.80+18% GST extra on HDFC Gateway. Making payments only for milestone achievement of 1 Lakh annually or also quarterly benefit which may be achieved till Apr-Jun qtr for 1000 Gift Card.

My SBI Simply Click provided 5X reward points till now on CC for Tax payment but from June 1st, 2024, they already mailed about stopping it. It was 1.25% actually.

Do reply in case you or anyone have answers to the query.

James

TF Ace
Thanks for your reply. I was a bit doubtful for BBPS biller as they fall under Utility category although in bank statement it is POS like any other txn.

{
()start_query

If you or anyone here knows, whether Tax payment using Millenia DC will fetch cashback also? Have to pay 75K as tax incl. me and family members.

In Millennia DC TnC, it is written as follows:

No CashBack points for transactions on Fuel, Jewellery & Business Services including Credit Card Payment, Insurance Premium Payment & other Business Services. It doesn't mention that Government payment specifically like in many other DCs or CCs.

()end_query
}

Currently for tax payment, using my Millennia CC to load PZ (1% CB) and then pay. PZ card is taken as Credit Card at IT Portal and charges 0.80+18% GST extra on HDFC Gateway. Making payments only for milestone achievement of 1 Lakh annually or also quarterly benefit which may be achieved till Apr-Jun qtr for 1000 Gift Card.

My SBI Simply Click provided 5X reward points till now on CC for Tax payment but from June 1st, 2024, they already mailed about stopping it. It was 1.25% actually.

Do reply in case you or anyone have answers to the query.
Simplyclick is giving 1% reward rate for Apay voucher

the_collector

TF Premier
Hey guys!

So I recently started paying my bills through hdfc billpay to get the CB.

I came across and unusual situation thought and wanted to know if anyone has faced this.

I made a payment of 5k to my SBI CC, it debited from my card and credited into my sbi account instantly.

So I thought it's all done, but a day later I get the message that it failed and I'll get that 5k returned to my debit card in 7 days.

I went to double check , the payment is still credited on my sbi card account. So I'm a bit confused as to how this happened and what do I expect?

Hey guys!

So I recently started paying my bills through hdfc billpay to get the CB.

I came across and unusual situation thought and wanted to know if anyone has faced this.

I made a payment of 5k to my SBI CC, it debited from my card and credited into my sbi account instantly.

So I thought it's all done, but a day later I get the message that it failed and I'll get that 5k returned to my debit card in 7 days.

I went to double check , the payment is still credited on my sbi card account. So I'm a bit confused as to how this happened and what do I expect?
Wait till the said 7 days and if you get the money refunded then you can pay again
Most probably it won't come back to your account, possibly a glitch

the_collector

TF Premier
Go to SBICARD APP.

Check transactions under process.

If you see a Cr and a Dr trxn, that means the trxn had failed. Pay it again before the due date.
Transaction settled on SBI card and no Dr transaction in settled or unsettled.

Will be interesting to see if hdfc reverses the money.

Wait till the said 7 days and if you get the money refunded then you can pay again
Most probably it won't come back to your account, possibly a glitch

Sbi is already cleared though 😅

desiviru

TF Buzz
@the_collector @hariselio If this was a credit entry i.e all dues are cleared and no dues left then no credit balance will be allowed. For me, my dues stand at 35K and I paid 5000 using HDFC and no reversal. Today txn of 1K is successful through SBI Unipay also for SBI CC which were not going through since last 5 days using HDFC DC.
Few days back both HDFC Billpay and SBI Unipay were unable to process SBI CC payment. Later I calculated that problem is with BBPS billers only not billdesk billers as for ICICI CC it rarely fails for me at both.

Currently I can confirm that HDFC/Axis/ICICI/SBI payments through both HDFC Billpay (exclusing HDFC CC) and SBI Unipay are going through using other bank DC.

hariselio

TF Premier
@desiviru thanks man. Today I tried through GPAY and it got reversed as well. Then saw your message and got confused, since l was trying to pay the last bill amount 4198.61. So far not paid anything. Your message givn a hint, so I tried reducing the last month cashback amount, payment went fine :)

EDIT: Just noticed, GPAY showing maximum permissible amount against SBI card bill payment. So looks like paying that much is sufficient and anything more, will be reversed.

Last edited:

desiviru

TF Buzz
@desiviru thanks man. Today I tried through GPAY and it got reversed as well. Then saw your message and got confused, since l was trying to pay the last bill amount 4198.61. So far not paid anything. Your message givn a hint, so I tried reducing the last month cashback amount, payment went fine :)

EDIT: Just noticed, GPAY showing maximum permissible amount against SBI card bill payment. So looks like paying that much is sufficient and anything more, will be reversed.
I read my reply and it was bit confusing to understand. Let me simplify it.

SBI or any other card don't allow credit balance. A credit balance is the payment made over maximum card limit. Till 2022 it was allowed but then RBI asked banks not to have credit balance or accept payment if no payment is due.

Suppose, your SBI card has limit of Rs. 1,50,000 and you make a purchase of Rs. 10,000. SBI has overlimit for payment of 5% i.e if due is 10000 you can pay max. Rs.10,500 only which is permissible limit and it is written on SBI Unipay while making payment.

Now before statement generation date or after you can pay this amount only with overage of 5%. This extra 500 will be credit balance in limit i.e 150000 + 500. After 90 days it will automatically reversed to your autopay account and if there is no autopay attached, this will stay until you use it and then SBI will send SMS to either use card or use Credit Balance refund option on SBI card website or App. So available limit will be 150500.

If you have no dues left you can't pay even Re.1 as credit. All will fail. If you break transaction like for 10000 due you make Rs.7500 first then you can pay 2500+ 5% i.e 2625 only in next txn. Above that txn will fail. So this extra 5% limit works only for what amount of due is left.

For HDFC and ICICI Credit balance is allowed till due is left. Suppose you due was Rs.5000 and you paid 20000 then after making this payment, every further payment will fail. So plan in this way. All credit payment over card limit keep keep settling in future dues or you can call CC and ask them to refund to attached saving account.