• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card bill payment using HDFC platinum debit card on Paytm for lounge access minimum spend?

abhikbose

TF Buzz
My HDFC platinum debit card requires 5000 spend per quarter for domestic lounge access at selected airports. The details are mentioned here.

If I use my debit card on the Paytm app to pay my credit card bill, will it be considered in the minimum spend for lounge access?

NOTE: In the above link, they mentioned CC bill payments directly go through the bank account when paid using GPay or Phone pay, etc, and are not calculated in the minimum spending. However, in the Paytm app, I believe it is done using the debit card only and not directly via account.

Yes, it's counted as a spend and you get the lounge access.
Unless you have done it yourself I wouldn't be so sure. It should depend on mcc code of debit card txn & if that mcc code indicates cc bill payment then it shouldn't be eligible.

Unless you have done it yourself I wouldn't be so sure. It should depend on mcc code of debit card txn & if that mcc code indicates cc bill payment then it shouldn't be eligible.
Yes, doing it for more than a year now.
Anyways, Airport staff will tell you whether you have a free lounge access available or not while swiping the card.

Yes, doing it for more than a year now.
Anyways, Airport staff will tell you whether you have a free lounge access available or not while swiping the card.
But main question is, whether you or someone you know had done it successfully after 15th Aug (around time when HDFC officially excluded cc bill payment txns on platinum debit card for reward points).

But main question is, whether you or someone you know had done it successfully after 15th Aug (around time when HDFC officially excluded cc bill payment txns on platinum debit card for reward points).
It was excluded from the beginning. Nothing has changed.

It was excluded from the beginning. Nothing has changed.
It wasn't excluded from the beginning hence the "hdfc billpay 1% cb stopped officially" threads. Unless someone can confirm that HDFC debit card txns marked as "CC/RENTxxxx" are eligible for lounge access I wouldn't rely solely on it for lounge access.

It wasn't excluded from the beginning hence the "hdfc billpay 1% cb stopped officially" threads. Unless someone can confirm that HDFC debit card txns marked as "CC/RENTxxxx" are eligible for lounge access I wouldn't rely solely on it for lounge access.
They have kept the wrong MCC for years. Now they just corrected it.

Threads are coming now, because no one has bothered to read it earlier. And now when the MCC got corrected everyone started looking at the TnC 😂

I just realised that one can get cashback for paying credit card bills and also realised that these are now stopped. Have to pay CC bills around 2+ lakhs in couple of days. Any suggestions which app gives any CB still. Need suggestions. Thanks.

I just realised that one can get cashback for paying credit card bills and also realised that these are now stopped. Have to pay CC bills around 2+ lakhs in couple of days. Any suggestions which app gives any CB still. Need suggestions. Thanks.
It depends on what type of debit card you have. There are tons of threads available on the forum. If you search it, you will find everything.

If you still need further help, create a thread.

Back