• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Database Creation

racydex

TF Select
Hi TFCians,

While creating the Creditpedia application, the most challenging aspect we encountered was gathering credit card data. We have realized that it's not feasible to collect such a vast amount of data within a short period. However, we can achieve this with your help.

We aim to establish a group of individuals who can input credit card data into a Google Sheet. Although entering data may be challenging for those with limited knowledge of credit cards, it can be both easy and enjoyable for those well-versed in credit cards.

Example:

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.15.23 AM.png

If you are interested, please DM me.

What you'll receive:
  1. Access to credit card data entered by other members.
  2. One year of ad-free TFC experience (with a contributor badge).
  3. One year of RML access (you must complete the RML verification process).
Thanks
Team TFC
I can Help. Made something like this for my own cards also. I'm very good with Google Sheets too. Let me know if you still need contributors.

I can contribute, mostly official website of bank/credit card providers would help here, that is best trusted source to look for

amitagl27

TF Buzz
I would like to contribute as well. Please let me know.

Also, the question is, how to keep this data updated? Banks and Card issuers are regularly updating TnC as well as rewards for cards.
Apart from this they are launching new cards (these days co-branded cards are on the rise). So rewards gets split to multiple categories/forms.
Biggest challenge I think is to keep this data up to date in order to extract valuable insights for users.

I hope someday we'll have a standardized data-model as well as a published repository/API (may be mandated by RBI) where every card issuer has to update whenever they change anything. Makes lives of users so easy and fintech(s) can leverage on that to create some great apps/products.