• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card portfolio optimization

Recently I started to explore more into credit cards. Please suggest a credit card combination to optimize utilization.

Salary:
1.5L, Bangalore

Cards I have:

ICICI Amazon Pay - Used only on Amazon. Member since 2019.
Amex MRCC - Offline shopping, online except Amazon. Amazon vouchers if 1500*4 transactions are not done in a month. Member since April 2023.
IDFC select - Rent payment and where Amex is not accepted. Member since March 2023.
ICICI coral - Got against FD. I used this card for everything before I got Amex and IDFC. Planning to surrender/stop using. Member since 2019.

Expenses:
Monthly:

Rent - 20k
Shopping - Amazon/Offline - 8k
Grocery - Amazon/BB/Offline - 7k
Dining - Zomato/Swiggy/Restaurant - 5k
Mobile/Broadband - 1.5k
Utilities - 1k

Yearly:
Insurance - 50k
Hotels/Travels(no flights) - 40k
Healthcare (checkup, scans, medicines) - 30k

Credit score: 785
Cards applied but got rejected in past: HDFC Tata Neu, Axis Flipkart, SBI SimplySave

My recommendation

HDFC Millenia - For travel related bookings through smartbuy portal, plus you get up to 1000 CB on Amazon and different Ecom portals.

AU LIT - Check out this card too, highly customisable and it will cover mostly all your spends.

SBI Cashback - Even though this has been recently devalued, but still it's good. Only problem is sometimes it misses giving the cashback for an eligible transaction, and you have to keep an eye out for that 😉

For insurance keep accumulating Amazon Pay GV using SBI CB and Au Lit card and pay with it.
How do I know which transactions have been counted for cashback in SBI CASHBACK credit card

Sbi cb se Amazon gift voucher how
Add a 10,000 INR Amazon Gift Voucher to your cart. Click on your cart to proceed to the checkout. Select your preferred delivery address and then choose to pay with your SBI Credit Card. Continue through the process, place your order, and make the payment by entering the OTP.

After completing the purchase, wait for a few minutes for the Amazon Gift Voucher to be delivered to your account.

After 2-3 days, check your SBI app to ensure that the 5% cashback has been credited to your account.

If I've missed any steps, please forgive me! 🤣

Edit: Most important step: Please don't forget to log in to your Amazon account. 🤣

Last edited:
Add a 10,000 INR Amazon Gift Voucher to your cart. Click on your cart to proceed to the checkout. Select your preferred delivery address and then choose to pay with your SBI Credit Card. Continue through the process, place your order, and make the payment by entering the OTP.

After completing the purchase, wait for a few minutes for the Amazon Gift Voucher to be delivered to your account.

After 2-3 days, check your SBI app to ensure that the 5% cashback has been credited to your account.

You forgot to tell him the most important step:- Login into Amazon App🤣

Edit: Most important step: Please don't forget to log in to your Amazon account. 🤣
are sir i was questioning. i already know that after 1 may 23 there is no 5% cashback on gv.

but many time many people have found many ways to get 5% cashback on gv.

so i just wanted to know that if i am missing something. and said how?

OP
You are missing HDFC in your portfolio. You should apply offline through an agent and either get Diners Privilege or Millenia.
For a daily driver, you can consider Axis Ace for it's flat 2% cashback on all spends.

Back