• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card utilisation above 10 lakhs

rdargar

TF Premier
I just revolved the credit and paid the card and repeated this for cashback. I did not buy any product with that money.
You only need to file a Zero ITR + Late Charges + Penalty . No need to declare taxes if Cashback is less than the basic exemption typically 2.5L.

Tejo

TF Legend
Only 1 % as cashback not 8 % and the total will be 8k neu coins.
Yar i know but it people will be on your back .

You have used 10 lakhs in a annum on average a month you hold that 10 lakh .... it will sure hurt it people if you say you 1% while using money of others.

Atleast report as 3%, how did you paid cc bill?

Else talk to ca

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hardly. IT dept is stretched to the limits. Was literally told by someone in IT dept at a higher position that not filing ITR is probably better as the dept won't even bother if the income is under 1CR unless you piss off someone important and they take a vendetta against you. Don't know if it would apply to this gentleman's situation though, advice was given when someone was discussing filing itr as a freelancer who works remote job a Norwegian company.
Sorry to say, but one of the worst advice.
You have heard about computers? These days notices are sent automatically then responses are checked by officials. Once the notice is out, you will have to provide response. The communication is face less so everything is official.

So, yeah don't make the mistake of taking this lightly.

ksen13

TF Premier
understand about your case.. However, you got a notice from IT dept.. and you need to respond to that notice and a CA can do that for you.. as it is their daily business.
You don't need to pay any tax if the CB is not more than 2.5 L.. you just need to pay the CA fee.. He/ she will guide you...
CA ka fee most probably kitna hota hain ?? Normally I am asking.... Unlogo ka fees ka range ka 500-1000 Aisa hota hain ??

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
CA ka fee most probably kitna hota hain ?? Normally I am asking.... Unlogo ka fees ka range ka 500-1000 Aisa hota hain ??
A good CA will charge you a minimum of 1k to 2k depending upon services required and location

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
You can say that Card transactions are for business turnover on which you have made 1-2% commission. Commission can be reported as income which will come in non taxable bracket.

Further nuances such as filling ITR3... nature of business etc. CA can only help... You may have to also pay charges for missing filing ITR within the deadline apart from CA charges
It will be a lame excuse like "I haven't done my homework because my dog ate it" moreover which replying to notice he will have to explain transactions done via submitting card statements, this 1-2% commission on business will not hold strong. Plus there will be a question as why all the bloody commission is coming via an app and in form of a card statement.

Best advice as @S S V already told get a CA.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
Hi guys I am a student and I have HDFC rupay credit card. During the introduction of credit based upi I found a hack which allowed me to transfer from credit card to bank account without any fees. Since I earned reward points on that I mistakenly made transaction above 10 lakhs. Today i received a message from it department for filing itr. What to do?
I guess you already got some good advice here. One thing I would add that nobody can touch you legally like in a court of law as flaw here is in the bank system itself plus reward points/cashback is also agreed by bank but think about it, as it is not an ideal situation to start the carrier (u are student) plus in future if a big MNC hires you they do background checks and it will be hard to explain an IT notice.

I would say don't repeat this plz

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
You have heard about computers? These days notices are sent automatically then responses are checked by officials. Once the notice is out, you will have to provide response. The communication is face less so everything is official.

So, yeah don't make the mistake of taking this lightly.

I agree.

Sorry to say, but one of the worst advice.

Unfortunately, I disagree.

What @Pankhuri meaned to say (that you may not have taken in) is...

IT dept is stretched to the limits.

IT dept person he talked to, may have exaggerated when mentioning 1cr, but Pankhuri is just a messenger when sharing his knowledge.

cassius

TF Buzz
I can see the terror people have on getting notice from IT department.
There is always a solution, you just need to contact the right person. You should always file ITR if you are above exemption limit. If time has elapsed now and notice is for earlier AY, file for condonation of delay before your jurisdictional Principal Comissioner of income tax to file ITR . No need to worry much

prashu

TF Premier
How spends are calculated?
Sum of all credit card spends should not exceed 10L or Individual credit cards ?
For suppose i have icici credit card and hdfc. If i spend
Icici - 5L
Hdfc -5L
Do i need to pay tax ?