• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card without Credit History

aman96

TF Neo
Hi All!
I have recently started a job (two months in), and my salary is credited to my HDFC savings account (Not designated as a salary account). Prior to this job, I was working abroad, and as such have no credit history in India. As per my research, I can either wait another month, so I have three pay slips and apply for a card with HDFC, or get an FD backed card. Could someone guide me as to the better/more assured route?

Hi All!
I have recently started a job (two months in), and my salary is credited to my HDFC savings account (Not designated as a salary account). Prior to this job, I was working abroad, and as such have no credit history in India. As per my research, I can either wait another month, so I have three pay slips and apply for a card with HDFC, or get an FD backed card. Could someone guide me as to the better/more assured route?
If it's a salary account or the company has HDFC Bank representative, go via him to get a ltf cc card.

If your company is not having such facility, try checking HDFC cc portal or your net banking, once you get a cc offer banner you can apply.

If you need a cc with fd based , then go with icici or other bank , not HDFC.

HDFC cooling period is 6 months and you may need to wait so long from converting a secured to unsecured. And HDFC has a limit on no.of cc differs on person , just now I got info from forum for my other query.

If you have history in US or elsewhere, you can look for AMEX cards if you find it useful, I think they can give cards on that basis if I'm not wrong.

If you can wait another month for 3 salary slips, and then go ahead with you application, it would be better this way. HDFC is notorious with CC, so if you have a RM or some rep in your firm you can reach out to them too.

Hi All!
kindly go straight with IDFC fd based WOW credit card to start building your credit score right now.
Afterwards you may try another routes as mentioned by community members concurrently.

Back