• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Limit for new Sbi cc

I have sbi cb cc of limit of 1.2L
want to apply for sbi bpcl cc (not octane)
will i get any new limit or sbi will give me bpcl by splitting from 1.2L ?

Solution
If you are applying thru pre-approved offer in the SBI Cards App, then new Credit Limit will be split with your current CL.
So you need to part away some part of your current 1.2L to the new SBI BPCL...
If you are applying thru pre-approved offer in the SBI Cards App, then new Credit Limit will be split with your current CL.
So you need to part away some part of your current 1.2L to the new SBI BPCL...

Solution
no i have other cards like simply , prime , pulse as preapproved..but not bpcl..i will apply via cashkaro
If you apply thru CK for the new BPCL , then it will most likely be rejected because of "Over leverage" issue ( 90%) chance..
But if you are approved for the new card, then it will have a new seperate limit on top of your current 1.2L limit on the other card..
It all depends upon your overleverage situation in the eyes of SBI..
So other things being equal and you are not considered as Over leveraged by SBI then you will get new limit otherwise rejection ..

All the best

If you apply thru CK for the new BPCL , then it will most likely be rejected because of "Over leverage" issue ( 90%) chance..
But if you are approved for the new card, then it will have a new seperate limit on top of your current 1.2L limit on the other card..
It all depends upon your overleverage situation in the eyes of SBI..
So other things being equal and you are not considered as Over leveraged by SBI then you will get new limit otherwise rejection ..

All the best
will u explain me what over leverage is?
i have total 4 cc..
sbi cb paid..1.2L
amazon and coral icici ltf 2.9L
yes bank kiwi cc 1.6L

in this case over leverage may occur?

will u explain me what over leverage is?
i have total 4 cc..
sbi cb paid..1.2L
amazon and coral icici ltf 2.9L
yes bank kiwi cc 1.6L

in this case over leverage may occur?
and how much will be your declared income in your new application ?
and if it is more than 7.5 L , then your application may be approved .. ( the safest limit I am talking about)..

the lesser this number (below 7.5L) then the greater are the chances of rejection ...

4.5Lpa..plus i already have one sbi cc..
Most likely will be rejected due to over leverage..

your total reported CL to CIBIL is: 8.6L ( including doubling of ICICI cards ie. 1.2L + 1.6L + 2.9L + 2.9L).
your ITR = 4.5L
so in this case, your total CL is almost 2* ITR..
In the eyes of SBI, it will most likely be the case of Over leverage.. ( as per my observation,. I dont know the eaxct number..)

If your income is about 8 L , you will defnitley get the SBI card
or
If your total reprted CL in CIBIL is less than 4.5L then also you will get the new SBI card..

gotcha.. else will ask my father to get bpcl..he uses fuel ..so good for him too
Out of all the Banks, SBI religously follows over leverage rule very strictly ( there are a couple of other banks as well)..
So my TIP: we need to get all our desired SBI cards in the initial stages of our CC portfolio..
or get atleast one with max CL and then split the CL with other new SBI cards

Last edited:
Out of all the Banks, SBI religously follows over leverage rule very strictly ( there are a couple of other banks as well)..
So my TIP: we need to get all our desired SBI cards in the initial stages of our CC portfolio..
or get atleast one with max CL and then split the CL with other new SBI cards
i think its time now for apay cc to be closed..bcuz i have sbi cb cc..ur take?

Back