• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit limit increase in hdfc

uvaid786

TF Buzz
What should be the spending pattern for credit limit increase offer in hdfc credit card?
Should spend less or more or make a big payment?

I upgraded my card through C4C method by post and recently got LE from 1L to just 1.15L. So I sent a post with LE and Card upgrade box tick. But, They have upgraded my card but no LE due to recent LE.

They will surely look into it. The LE is based on each profile and the banking with HDFC. So, You can't compare with others. ✌️
Which card statement u sent and how much was the card limit

I sent kotak Zen with 2.3L limit. But, in my case card upgrade is based on my current limit. I don't know whether they have considered my Zen card statement or not.
oh , how many days it took for everything and was there hard enquiry?...i recently sent my apay statement 2.4 against my moneyback which is 2 years old having 60k and not a single LE

oh , how many days it took for everything and was there hard enquiry?...i recently sent my apay statement 2.4 against my moneyback which is 2 years old having 60k and not a single LE
It took a week to 10 days i think. I didn't get any updates until this time. They directly add new card details in hdfc mobile banking first then 2 days later in internet banking. No welcome message initially and my first message was about new card setting information. Then my bluedart AWB details.

So wait, there is no fixed timeline for hdfc

My one escalation going on for more than two months to get first reply 😂

No enquiry for me

This year, their pre approved LE for most of them is less than 15% to none. Only few got more than 15%

MY SUGGESTION

Do one big purchase and then do the low transactions. Don't convert that big purchase to emi after. And don't took their CC LOAN.

It took a week to 10 days i think. I didn't get any updates until this time. They directly add new card details in hdfc mobile banking first then 2 days later in internet banking. No welcome message initially and my first message was about new card setting information. Then my bluedart AWB details.

So wait, there is no fixed timeline for hdfc

My one escalation going on for more than two months to get first reply 😂

No enquiry for me

This year, their pre approved LE for most of them is less than 15% to none. Only few got more than 15%

MY SUGGESTION

Do one big purchase and then do the low transactions. Don't convert that big purchase to emi after. And don't took their CC LOAN.
alright thanks for your help...will update my scenario :)

alright thanks for your help...will update my scenario :)
There are N number of reasons to think as a bank to delay on deny LE and new CC applications.

I give you one peculiar reason for what any bank thinks.

You know bank will do soft cibil checks or hard checks when we apply any.

Then Cibil will give a better report to the bank than what we see on our Cibil report.

In that, there is an income part and there is a score for that like 1 to 10.

Ex: you previous income was recorded by CIBIL is 8L per year through your old CC or loan applications and your current combined total CCs credit limit is more than that like 10L means they will delay your LE or new CC due to you already holding more than your income.

The CC total utilization amount and any other loan outstanding amount other than home loan are also more than 8L means they think you had enough at this moment. so they delay the LE or new CC.

Like this, there are many reasons.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 125
There are N number of reasons to think as a bank to delay on deny LE and new CC applications.

Then Cibil will give a better report to the bank than what we see on our Cibil report.

Ex: you previous income was recorded by CIBIL is 8L per year through your old CC or loan applications and your current combined total CCs credit limit is more than that like 10L means they will delay your LE or new CC due to you already holding more than your income.

The CC total utilization amount and any other loan outstanding amount other than home loan are also more than 8L means they think you had enough at this moment. so they delay the LE or new CC.

How did you get this image?

oh

oh i got it now ...much clarity (thank you again ) :)

The latest version of the LE form on the HDFC website doesn't have the option to tick C4C. Was thinking of sending the form.
Should I just go ahead and try my luck?

Do share if anybody has recently got LE using C4C method.

HDFC LE FORM. - This form seems to have been in place since 23-03-23

I have received 3 card upgrade offers from HDFC in the last 6 years, which means they ideally want you to use a card for 2 years. I started with 30k limit & current limit is 6.9 lakh. All the upgrades & LE’s were pre approved except for the recent one, where I manually requested for DCB card as an upgrade for my Regalia. My Regalia limit was 3.45 lakh which was doubled to 6.9 lakh, again a pre approved offer. My mantra is simple:
-Use the card as much as possible, pay before statement generation of the usage is more than 20-30%
-Once or twice a year, make a few big purchases, if possible use it for overseas spending
-Maintain a decent NRV with the bank
-Most important thing, be patient. Sometimes we waste a lot of our previous time running behind LE’s, upgrades, etc. even when u don’t require any!

Back