• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Limit Increase Rejected - Bizarre Reasons

I opened a salary account with HDFC 6 months ago in April, purely because I wanted to get a LTF card from them. I earn 1.4L in hand and went ahead with the card application. The mistake I did was I didn't go ahead for the application in branch since they asked me to wait for 3 months before application. Somebody from HDFC called and I completed the application with their help. No income documents were asked and I got a Millennia Diners card LTF issued in April 2023.

The problem was it had a very low credit limit of 59k. I wanted this card primarily for sale offers and didn't spend much apart from 1-2k every month. I raised a credit enhancement request both via escalation email and form in branch along with payslips in July 2023. They replied with a huge email with jargon words that me being a "valued customer" and all. Basically, rejected the request because of bank policy.

So, I waited another 3 months and applied for the limit increase two weeks back with the branch again. It's been rejected again without any solid reason and when I dived deep with a credit card agent in HDFC, they offered me two solutions:

1. Use my card upto 70% limit every month for next 6 months and I MIGHT get a limit enhancement offer. This was not a ironclad promise as well.
  2. Close the current card. Wait for 3 months. Then apply again in branch for a new credit card along with payslips. They promise that going this way I'll get a increased credit limit. But I'm not sure if I'll get the Millennia card LTF if I take this route. I don't want to settle for Regalia or Diners Privilege card.

Why the heck can't HDFC offer the limit enhancement now based on payslips, if they promise they'll do the same for a new card? And Is there any better way to go about asking for a limit increase?

I was thinking of attaching my payslips to pno one final time with an empty threat that I'll close the card if they don't budge. Any better ideas?

Last edited:
How kaise yaar??? Please share the process
I first asked for a upgrade to escalation.cc team. They denied and told me to use the card more. Then I wrote a frustrating mail that I'll not use more to get upgrade because now I have Apay, Axis Ace and I said axis bank is providing second card after 3 months only blah blah blah. And I said if they don't consider I'll be happy to end our 5+ years of relationship. I wrote what I had in my mind. Then grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com apologized and sought approval for upgrade

I first asked for a upgrade to escalation.cc team. They denied and told me to use the card more. Then I wrote a frustrating mail that I'll not use more to get upgrade because now I have Apay, Axis Ace and I said axis bank is providing second card after 3 months only blah blah blah. And I said if they don't consider I'll be happy to end our 5+ years of relationship. I wrote what I had in my mind. Then grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com apologized and sought approval for upgrade
Bro kya likha tha tumhne 🙂....main bhi same hu yaar na limit enhancement mil Raha Hain na kuch....bekar money back lekar baitha huin ....Mera sabhi card Mila ke total credit limit 6 lakhs hain but In bloody shit money back card only got limit 36,000 and also I'm a classic customer......can u please elaborate what u have written or can u share please?? If not in public in dm also u can share with me ....or tum mujhe exactly kuch points bata do Jo ki maine bhi un logo ko bata saku.....

Maine apne account ko classic mein convert Kiya Jo ki mujhe nahi karna chahiya tha even I have read in this forum that even imperia aur preferred and classic customer walo ko bhi HDFC money back dekar baitha rahata hain ...sirf Maine platinum debit card free mein classic mein milta Hain isliye account ko upgrade Kiya otherwise it is use less......sirf rm ka investment always sunna padta Hain....

Last edited:
Bro kya likha tha tumhne 🙂....main bhi same hu yaar na limit enhancement mil Raha Hain na kuch....bekar money back lekar baitha huin ....Mera sabhi card Mila ke total credit limit 6 lakhs hain but In bloody shit money back card only got limit 36,000 and also I'm a classic customer......can u please elaborate what u have written or can u share please?? If not in public in dm also u can share with me ....or tum mujhe exactly kuch points bata do Jo ki maine bhi un logo ko bata saku.....

Maine apne account ko classic mein convert Kiya Jo ki mujhe nahi karna chahiya tha even I have read in this forum that even imperia aur preferred and classic customer walo ko bhi HDFC money back dekar baitha rahata hain ...sirf Maine platinum debit card free mein classic mein milta Hain isliye account ko upgrade Kiya otherwise it is use less......sirf rm ka investment always sunna padta Hain....
I don't know hindi

Don't attend anything..

Just write a mail asking for limit increase & that you are willing to provide any documents if asked..
Well... What do you know? I sent the following to pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com:

" My Millenia credit card ending with xxxx is assigned a 59k as credit limit as of now. This is very low compared to my other cards that I have with ICICI and Axis Bank, with a credit limit of 8 lakhs. I wasn't able to use my HDFC card on multiple occasions in the past month because of the lower credit limit.
I would request you to increase my credit limit and I'll be glad to share any required documents if needed. Hope you can accommodate my request."

Boom. My limit got increased to 1.5L without any documents. I just want what HDFC's been smoking while rejecting the same request along with income documents two weeks ago.

Well... What do you know? I sent the following to pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com:

" My Millenia credit card ending with xxxx is assigned a 59k as credit limit as of now. This is very low compared to my other cards that I have with ICICI and Axis Bank, with a credit limit of 8 lakhs. I wasn't able to use my HDFC card on multiple occasions in the past month because of the lower credit limit.
I would request you to increase my credit limit and I'll be glad to share any required documents if needed. Hope you can accommodate my request."

Boom. My limit got increased to 1.5L without any documents. I just want what HDFC's been smoking while rejecting the same request along with income documents two weeks ago.
Congratulations 🎉

Yeah only send email to this email id..

Back