• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Curious Case of 2 SBI SimplySave Cards

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A little backstory -

So till a few days back I had following 3 cards from SBI -
1. SBI FBB Styleup - This is my 1st ever CC, had gt it in Oct 2019. Had made it LTF 3yrs ago.
2. SBI SimplySave Rupay - After FBB CC had taken SimplyClick Visa, but never used it much. So recently converted it to SimplySave Rupay, when they allowed me network change, for UPI purpose.
3. SBI Cashback - ⭐ of the pack. I use it heavily. Got it just few months after SimplyClick Visa.

I had kept Click and Save just for the instant cashbacks in sales as CB doesn't work.

Now this happened -

So, I didn't notice that my FBB card is about to expire. I must have missed the communication from SBI as well. And I came to know when i read a SMS from SBI & BlueDart saying, Your card is dispatched. 😬

Gt it delivered 2 days back.
To my surprise, they sent me a SimplySave Visa. 🤦🏻‍♂️

When i enquired to CustCare, why was i not given a choice for replacement card, they said they're distributing SimplySave to all FBB cardholders.

So i asked, can i opt for any other card instead, they said yes.
System had following options - SimplyClick, Pulse, Elite, Yatra and few others
Denied when asked - BPCL/Octane, IRCTC, Other cobranded cards.
Said, for any other card i should close this and reapply.

I asked, my FBB card was LTF, what about newly issued card?
Said, its not LTF. Fee would be charged in October. 🤦🏻‍♂️

So I started thinking to close the 3rd SBI card for now. And apply a fresh one when i need.

But before that, i have few questions -

1. Will the SimplySave Visa be shown as a new entry in my CIBIL report or how?
2. If yes, then what happens to my credit age? Will FBB card be shown as closed by default?
3. What impact would there be, if i close SimplySave Visa and continue Rupay?
4. Any card that you want to suggest that is worth as 3rd SBI card?

Experts, please advise.
(Currently I'm at 798 CIBIL.)

1. Will the SimplySave Visa be shown as a new entry in my CIBIL report or how?
YES
2. If yes, then what happens to my credit age? Will FBB card be shown as closed by default?
NO. SAME ACCOUNT WILL CONTINUE AS DIFFERENT CARD VARIANT
3. What impact would there be, if i close SimplySave Visa and continue Rupay?
IF IT IS YOUR 1ST CREDIT CARD AND YOUR CREDIT AGE BELOW 4 YEARS THEN IT WILL IMPACT OTHERWISE DIDN'T SO MUCH
4. Any card that you want to suggest that is worth as 3rd SBI card?
CONVERT IT TO RUPAY AND CLOSE YOUR PREVIOUS RUPAY CARD

If a LTF card is discontinued, the bank should offer the replacement card as LTF.

Like Axis did for Citi cards.

Is there any rule around this? Can this be raised to RBI?
You new card is issued against the same account. The bank can't charge fee without your consent. Try to escalate the matter to PNO, they should make it LTF as well.

Back