• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Acceptance issues on both online/offline spends

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All, I am going to get DCB FYF upgrade. I have heard some card acceptance issues for DCB on both online/offline spends. Can anyone with the experience of using this card highlight what the issues are? I have also heard that DCB has tied up with Rupay so acceptance issues should be less. Is it true? Do POS machines in normal or branded stores accept this card? Is there any way or tip to mitigate acceptance issues?

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks, today I was able to set up the PIN successfully. Is there any way to ascertain that PIN has been set correctly? Mostly this addon card will be used for lounge access only so wouldn't be able to know if the PIN is working correctly or not till I travel sometime in future.
Dude... I had the same doubt :D
Listen you can visit petrol pump or any store purchase through your add on card and enter pin there. Don't use contactless payment there.
This is one way.

vipulcrd

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
If the person you want to apply for have a HDFC account, then only you can apply through net banking.
Otherwise you have to visit branch and it's an offline process.
I have applied today itself through net banking as other person had an Hdfc account you just need their customer id to apply

sahil624

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have applied today itself through net banking as other person had an Hdfc account you just need their customer id to apply
I have applied two times from HDFC net banking and both the times I didn’t get the card. Then I called customer care they said there is some problem with this functionality and one needs to apply again after few days. This was communicated two weeks ago. I don’t what is the status now.

PS: The person I am applying for the add on card has HDFC account.

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks, today I was able to set up the PIN successfully. Is there any way to ascertain that PIN has been set correctly? Mostly this addon card will be used for lounge access only so wouldn't be able to know if the PIN is working correctly or not till I travel sometime in future.
Try to check balance at the ATM using the add on card and the pin.

vipulcrd

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I received the card today which has the same card number as the primary card & for the pin, I had to apply through net banking which will come by courier. Also if someone knows if we can use both primary & add-on cards at the same time for lounge access?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I received the card today which has the same card number as the primary card & for the pin, I had to apply through net banking which will come by courier. Also if someone knows if we can use both primary & add-on cards at the same time for lounge access?
There are multiple opinions going on. Some have said yes, others no. But I have seen at least a positive DP where both primary and add-on can use the card for access at the same time. So you should be good.

For setting up pin, just call customer care and tell them to send you a Green OTP for setting up pin on add on card (For primary card, you can use netbanking). They will send an SMS to the registered phone number which contains an OTP valid for 30 days. During that time, go to the HDFC ATM, and setup your PIN using the OTP you received.

Yogi24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
There are multiple opinions going on. Some have said yes, others no. But I have seen at least a positive DP where both primary and add-on can use the card for access at the same time. So you should be good.

For setting up pin, just call customer care and tell them to send you a Green OTP for setting up pin on add on card (For primary card, you can use netbanking). They will send an SMS to the registered phone number which contains an OTP valid for 30 days. During that time, go to the HDFC ATM, and setup your PIN using the OTP you received.
For addon card PIN ..go to net banking..cards.. credit card.. request..ATM PIN ..submit..OTP SMS will be received..use sms OTP at HDFC ATM use register PIN for add on card.. refer it

ltf4ever

TF Ace
For addon card PIN ..go to net banking..cards.. credit card.. request..ATM PIN ..submit..OTP SMS will be received..use sms OTP at HDFC ATM use register PIN for add on card.. refer it

this option shows only for a primary card and for add on card it is only showing the Physical pin option
someone had mentioned that otp received upon requesting for pimary card also works for setting pin at atm for addon.

vipulcrd

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
someone had mentioned that otp received upon requesting for pimary card also works for setting pin at atm for addon.
Just spoke to customer care they said the same thing for the pin setting that otp works for add-on card as well. And for lounge access, they said both primary, as well as add-on card can be used at the same time without any charges.