• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Diners Club Privilege Devaluation w.e.f. Aug 1

for real cashback amazon gift vocuhers 8% would be good, if you will redeem it for flights/hotel using DCP then 10% value back you cn get
then i will stick with amazon pay cashback for now , will be useful for my insurance payment , btw my wife liked the new section added by DCP , where we can redeem for vouchers at 0.5rs per points . you know that we go out and eat lol .

HDFC Bank Team visited my office today. Some senior folks including some AVP & VP's also visited and they did confirmed that some more cards including premium one would have devaluation in future without taking name of the cards.
Tried asking the name but no avail.
Also I asked one of the AVP if it is possible to convert my DCP to Regalia Gold as LTF and while they were ready to give FYF, For LTF they said that it isn't possible now but they can enquire for any possibilities. Would update if I come across anything

Also HDFC Bank Team Added that they have about 27% Credit Card Market Share which is highest. And they want to reduce that as the number of defaulters have increased since 2021 so such things like de-valuation are in response to that.

wait is that mean 20X4RP?

please correct me if i am wrong ,
normal rate is 4RP per 150 spend ,
lets consider i spend 200rs on swiggy ,
so actual rate is 4RP,
5x reward point means 20RP,
then 4X reward point means 20RPX4 = 80RP.
or we can simply say 20X4RP = 80RP.
per reward point we can redeem as AGV as 0.35rs
so 80X0.35 = 28Rs,
this is around 15% cashback
if we redeem dining vouchers as 0.5rs
then it will be 40Rs which is 20% cashback.
This is based on you said 20X. if you meant just 20RP , then all my calculations are wrong lol .

wait is that mean 20X4RP?

please correct me if i am wrong ,
normal rate is 4RP per 150 spend ,
lets consider i spend 200rs on swiggy ,
so actual rate is 4RP,
5x reward point means 20RP,
Till this only you will get.
5X means 5 times the base RP, that is 20 RP
then 4X reward point means 20RPX4 = 80RP.
or we can simply say 20X4RP = 80RP.
per reward point we can redeem as AGV as 0.35rs
so 80X0.35 = 28Rs,
this is around 15% cashback
if we redeem dining vouchers as 0.5rs
then it will be 40Rs which is 20% cashback.
This is based on you said 20X. if you meant just 20RP , then all my calculations are wrong lol .
I'm sorry I wanted to write 20 RP, instead of 20X 🤣

View attachment 20709
here they clearly mentioned 4X means 16 rewards points . not 4RP. and 5x means 20RP.
View attachment 20710
here they used the word Additional so it sounds like 5X+4X = 9X
9x4RP = 36pts,
You got confused bro.

₹150 you spent on SWIGGY- Default 4RP
But as per feature 5X should be there, means 20RP. But 4RP already given to you so (20-4)= 16RP which means 4X RP has been capped at 2500 RP per month.

So to utilise those maximum 2500 RP maximum 4X (16RP) per month, you can order for max Rs. 23437.50 in Swiggy/Zomato.

You got confused bro.

₹150 you spent on SWIGGY- Default 4RP
But as per feature 5X should be there, means 20RP. But 4RP already given to you so (20-4)= 16RP which means 4X RP has been capped at 2500 RP per month.

So to utilise those maximum 2500 RP maximum 4X (16RP) per month, you can order for max Rs. 23437.50 in Swiggy/Zomato.
got it , buying from amazon is far better then , because we cant buy exactly for 150rs , to get max rewards points

nope, buying swiggy money voucher directly from amazon ,
it will give 8% cashback as amazon pay balance.
i always buy swiggy money and use it for food orders, instamart and even for dineout too.
while we using swiggy money for dineout , technically we get extra 8% discount top of what ever we get as default even though our bill is small .
when bill cross 1500, i can apply 150 off coupon also.
using cards which gives cashback for buying purchases from amazon is another plus if we have any.

This
then i will stick with amazon pay cashback for now , will be useful for my insurance payment , btw my wife liked the new section added by DCP , where we can redeem for vouchers at 0.5rs per points . you know that we go out and eat lol .
This post devaluation feature addition is the best thing for people who prefer non travel redeptions. Straight forward voucher redemptions without any headache of keeping partial points and paying for the rest. Ironically I have started using DCP more owing to this feature addition

Back