• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Disable auto sweep in HDFC

Abhi27

TF Buzz
Anyone know how to disable Auto sweep-in facility of HDFC bank savings max account through net banking??

nik007rock

TF Select
Has anyone able to disable it ? I tried visiting branch and asked to disable this but branch employees are telling once activated it cannot be disabled and it is main feature of savings max account

yolofino

TF Premier
Has anyone able to disable it ? I tried visiting branch and asked to disable this but branch employees are telling once activated it cannot be disabled and it is main feature of savings max account

File a complain against the branch people and ask for the official policy document where it's written that the swwep-in FD facility cannot be closed.

yolofino

TF Premier
Anyone know how to disable Auto sweep-in facility of HDFC bank savings max account through net banking??

BTW how did you activated the sweep in facility in the first place? Did you have to visit the branch and open a normal FD first and then convert it into a sweep-in type? What is the minimum balance after which the amount gets the FD interest rate?

Trust Me

TF Ace
When does auto sweep happen?

I remember reading its every Monday, but its not happening on my account even though balance = 2L
File a complain against the branch people and ask for the official policy document where it's written that the swwep-in FD facility cannot be closed.

I got the impression that auto sweep-out/sweep-in is enabled by default. I didn't want that. When I'd raised this issue, I was assured by my RM and BM that I needn't worry, since this feature is disabled by default and one must apply for enabling it (as it should be). This assurance has proved to be correct for me.

infinia_dedo

TF Select
I got the impression that auto sweep-out/sweep-in is enabled by default. I didn't want that. When I'd raised this issue, I was assured by my RM and BM that I needn't worry, since this feature is disabled by default and one must apply for enabling it (as it should be). This assurance has proved to be correct for me.
Oh wow.

I was also wondering I did talk to my RM to disable it, but then I was like no I didnt

This makes sense its disabled by default thank god

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Apologies to bump the thread. Two questions

[1] Why would you/anyone want to disable auto sweep-in facility? I have heard that when enabled, you'd earn FD rates which are 6-7% on savings account, instead of the usual 2-3% savings rate.

[2] How do you enable it? I called by RM to ask the same, he mentioned I need to open a FD first, which was shocking to me. So I refused. I have a savings max account with HDFC

infinia_dedo

TF Select

[1] Why would you/anyone want to disable auto sweep-in facility? I have heard that when enabled, you'd earn FD rates which are 6-7% on savings account, instead of the usual 2-3% savings rate.

[2] How do you enable it? I called by RM to ask the same, he mentioned I need to open a FD first, which was shocking to me. So I refused. I have a savings max account with HDFC

HDFC has Preferred Banking criteria at NRV of 2L in Savings and 15L including FDs

Imagine a guy having 10L FDs, but still not getting Preferred. Coz anytime he puts anything in his Savings account it goes into FD (auto sweep)

This guy does some IMPS transactions and finds out he is paying 15 rs per transaction because IMPS is not free for Classic customers

Just imagine this guy's anger when he comes to know another guy with 2L in Savings account is Preferred and enjoying free instant IMPS txns

Also, if you monitor account regularly, its better to open and close your FDs yourself, dont need any automation

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC has Preferred Banking criteria at NRV of 2L in Savings and 15L including FDs

Imagine a guy having 10L FDs, but still not getting Preferred. Coz anytime he puts anything in his Savings account it goes into FD (auto sweep)
Thanks. That makes sense.

This guy does some IMPS transactions and finds out he is paying 15 rs per transaction because IMPS is not free for Classic customers
By "classic customers", do you mean the customers with savings max account? If so, I did an IMPS transaction on 1st Feb to other bank's account, and there were no charges. I have savings max account

Also, if you monitor account regularly, its better to open and close your FDs yourself, dont need any automation
That's why I declined the RM to open a FD. Question is, can we opt for the auto-sweep facility without opening an FD? I am new to this, so don't have much idea.

I think it's a tradeoff then. If you want to have the facility of IMPS so much that you're willing to sacrifice 2-3% annual interest on savings, then it's good for you.

infinia_dedo

TF Select
Thanks. That makes sense.

By "classic customers", do you mean the customers with savings max account? If so, I did an IMPS transaction on 1st Feb to other bank's account, and there were no charges. I have savings max account

That's why I declined the RM to open a FD. Question is, can we opt for the auto-sweep facility without opening an FD? I am new to this, so don't have much idea.

I think it's a tradeoff then. If you want to have the facility of IMPS so much that you're willing to sacrifice 2-3% annual interest on savings, then it's good for you.

1) They apply IMPS charges 5 days or 10 days after the transaction also, be careful

2) Isnt that Auto FD also penalised for breaking? Its simple i dont want to keep 100% into FDs, i want to keep 95% into FDs, and keep some 1-2 lacs in Savings. Coz i dont want to break FD for every small expense.

3) Regarding how to open auto sweep i dont know

4) Regarding Classic account, read on HDFC website (Premier banking section)

ontherocks

TF Premier

"Savings Max account has auto sweep in enabled by default and it cannot be turned off" This was mentioned by a branch manager like a year back