• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query: Discrepancy in HDFC Insta Jumbo Loan EMI Billing

sai99488

TF Buzz
Last month, I applied for a 1.5L Insta Jumbo loan on my HDFC credit card with a tenure of 36 months. During the application process, the monthly EMI displayed was Rs. 5120, with processing charges of Rs. 999. However, when my first month's EMI bill was generated yesterday, it amounted to Rs. 6820. This raised concerns as the total should have been Rs. 6120 (monthly EMI of Rs. 5120 plus processing fee of Rs. 999).

Upon reviewing the loan statement, I observed the breakdown of the Rs. 6820 bill as follows:

- Principal amount: Rs. 3380
- Interest: Rs. 2262
- Integrated Goods and Services Tax (IGST): Rs. 180
- Processing fee: Rs. 999

Even after factoring in the IGST of Rs. 180, there seems to be an additional Rs. 520, which is unclear why it has been added. Is this discrepancy normal for HDFC loans?

sai99488

TF Buzz
Last month, I applied for a 1.5L Insta Jumbo loan on my HDFC credit card with a tenure of 36 months. During the application process, the monthly EMI displayed was Rs. 5120, with processing charges of Rs. 999. However, when my first month's EMI bill was generated yesterday, it amounted to Rs. 6820. This raised concerns as the total should have been Rs. 6120 (monthly EMI of Rs. 5120 plus processing fee of Rs. 999).

Upon reviewing the loan statement, I observed the breakdown of the Rs. 6820 bill as follows:

Even after factoring in the IGST of Rs. 180, there seems to be an additional Rs. 520, which is unclear why it has been added. Is this discrepancy normal for HDFC loans?.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

Even after factoring in the IGST of Rs. 180, there seems to be an additional Rs. 520, which is unclear why it has been added. Is this discrepancy normal for HDFC loans?.

Except first EMI , rest EMI will be of 5120(Excluding GST) because for First EMI, in Case of HDFC, Interest is calculated from Loan Booking date to Statement due Date in which it was Billed. In your case this period shall be excceding 30 days and hence for Days over and above 30 days additional interest was charged which is 520.

Put the required Values at Below link and you will find the Exact schedule with detailed calculations.

Last edited:

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Except first EMI , rest EMI will be of 5120(Excluding GST) because for First EMI, in Case of HDFC, Interest is calculated from Loan Booking date to Statement due Date in which it is Billed. In your case this period shall be excceding 30 days and hence for Days over and above 30 days additional interest was charged which is 520.

Put the required Values at Below link and you will find the Exact schedule with detailed calculations.

mark this as the solution 😅

@ashwink @vaibhav111

Tejo

TF Legend

Even after factoring in the IGST of Rs. 180, there seems to be an additional Rs. 520, which is unclear why it has been added. Is this discrepancy normal for HDFC loans?
HDFC is the largest credit provider in india, i dont think its discrepancy.

actually, emi generation and due date will be same as your credit card.

might due to periodic cycle, they might add up amount.

provide keyfact statement and date you have received funds. so someone can help you

Last edited: