• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Regalia rewards via smartbuy query

b4bhar

TF Select
Guys,

I never used Regalia CC much as I'm not a travel person and didn't know much about Smartbuy. I recently noticed there are good cashback using smartbuy. So, i went and checked the cashback for booking train tickets using HDFC Regalia CC via smartbuy. But, I'm struggling to understand the rewards which was mentioned.

It says 3X reward points. So, lets say we purchased tickets worth 5k. Then, the rewards earned will be ((5000/150)×4×3) 399.99 considering we get 4 reward points for every 150 rs spent.

Cash redemption is 0.2 with Regalia card which means 399.99 reward points will be 79.99 Rs. But, I'm not understanding how is smartbuy showing 198/- as saved?
Am i missing anything here?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_004433_PayZapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_004433_PayZapp.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 12
Guys,

I never used Regalia CC much as I'm not a travel person and didn't know much about Smartbuy. I recently noticed there are good cashback using smartbuy. So, i went and checked the cashback for booking train tickets using HDFC Regalia CC via smartbuy. But, I'm struggling to understand the rewards which was mentioned.

It says 3X reward points. So, lets say we purchased tickets worth 5k. Then, the rewards earned will be ((5000/150)×4×3) 399.99 considering we get 4 reward points for every 150 rs spent.

Cash redemption is 0.2 with Regalia card which means 399.99 reward points will be 79.99 Rs. But, I'm not understanding how is smartbuy showing 198/- as saved?

Thank you
Smartbuy considers the max value of a point.

> Flights and hotel bookings via Smartbuy at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.5
> Airmiles conversion through netbanking at a value of 1RP = 0.5 airmile
> Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy at a value of 1 RP = upto Rs 0.35
> Redeem as cashback against statement at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.20

As you can see the max value you can redeem is 0.5rs per point.

b4bhar

TF Select
Smartbuy considers the max value of a point.

> Flights and hotel bookings via Smartbuy at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.5
> Airmiles conversion through netbanking at a value of 1RP = 0.5 airmile
> Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy at a value of 1 RP = upto Rs 0.35
> Redeem as cashback against statement at a value of 1 RP = Rs 0.20

As you can see the max value you can redeem is 0.5rs per point.
Oh, understood. Thank you! Btw, what's surprising me is the cash redemption value is 0.2 while Apay gift voucher is just 0.15 which is less than cash redemption. Truly surprising as cash redemption would generally be least value compared to all others

Oh, understood. Thank you! Btw, what's surprising me is the cash redemption value is 0.2 while Apay gift voucher is just 0.15 which is less than cash redemption. Truly surprising as cash redemption would generally be least value compared to all others
They do this because gift cards are effectively cheaper for them compared to direct statement cssh.

b4bhar

TF Select
They do this because gift cards are effectively cheaper for them compared to direct statement cssh.
yeah, but if gift cards like APay is cheaper for them, then their value should be higher like 0.3 compared to the cash redemption which is 0.2 right? only then people would opt for Apay gift voucher. Now, i would opt for cash redemption as it has a better value compared to Apay voucher.

yeah, but if gift cards like APay is cheaper for them, then their value should be higher like 0.3 compared to the cash redemption which is 0.2 right? only then people would opt for Apay gift voucher. Now, i would opt for cash redemption as it has a better value compared to Apay voucher.
What the heck? I thought gift card is cheaper but it is other way around. I don't know whats wrong with hdfc then.

Sriim

TF Premier
For regalia gold, Apay is 0.35/point. It should be the same for regalia as well?

Last edited: