• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Discussion | Rewards on paying Credit Card Bills

avi_devdhar

TF Buzz
Starting this thread to share and learn ways to repay credit card bill and get little rewards in the process.

Most of the apps give very minimal rewards.
One good way to get rewards is to use debit card to pay CC bill.
HDFC platinum and millenia give 1% cashback,
SBI debit cards give 0.25% cashback
please add if any other debit card gives cashback.

then on mobikwik and paytm, can pay via debit card without any charges. (Note mastercard debit cards won't work though)

1) if bill is beyond 12500, pay 12500 via mobikwik using debit card option. you ll get 50rs cashback on mobikwik and debit card reward points.

2) pay via mobkwik, debit card option and get 2% supercash as rewards, supercash is not that useful though.

3) Paytm using debit card, pay in 1k, 10k, 15k, 20k etc, you get paytm points and debit card points. paytm points are also worth very less

4) Cred, pay 1k every 3 days, play the jackpot, if you have too much time to kill.

5) If one wants zero headache, pay in full in one shot via NEFT, or set up auto pay etc.

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Debit cards can be used to pay CC on cred above Rs.50000. And Mastercard debit cards work on Cred. No charges also.
Thanks this was helpful, didn't knew you can pay through Cred with debit card as well but strangely it does not accepts partial amounts, you can only make full payments.While trying to make payment on Paytm with a Master card Debit card it was not accepting it.

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Starting this thread to share and learn ways to repay credit card bill and get little rewards in the process.

Most of the apps give very minimal rewards.
One good way to get rewards is to use debit card to pay CC bill.
HDFC platinum and millenia give 1% cashback,
SBI debit cards give 0.25% cashback
please add if any other debit card gives cashback.

then on mobikwik and paytm, can pay via debit card without any charges. (Note mastercard debit cards won't work though)

1) if bill is beyond 12500, pay 12500 via mobikwik using debit card option. you ll get 50rs cashback on mobikwik and debit card reward points.

2) pay via mobkwik, debit card option and get 2% supercash as rewards, supercash is not that useful though.

3) Paytm using debit card, pay in 1k, 10k, 15k, 20k etc, you get paytm points and debit card points. paytm points are also worth very less

4) Cred, pay 1k every 3 days, play the jackpot, if you have too much time to kill.

5) If one wants zero headache, pay in full in one shot via NEFT, or set up auto pay etc.
Very helpful perhaps this completely covers all possible options on debit card (and 4th one is the best):LOL:

Infiniti

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Thanks this was helpful, didn't knew you can pay through Cred with debit card as well but strangely it does not accepts partial amounts, you can only make full payments.While trying to make payment on Paytm with a Master card Debit card it was not accepting it.
I can see the option to pay via DC for 50k, partial bill amount.

Crusader4Credit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As far as the platforms go, I've noticed that Cred has the lowest rewards but the fastest credits. Paytm has measly rewards and a cap of Rs. 20,000. MobiKwik is comparable to Paytm but didn't face any capping.

In terms of Payment options, HDFC Easyshop platinum is great for Rs.75000, and IndusInd Exclusive for Rs. 112000. Axis Burgundy Debit cards give 1% edge reward points without a cap. If you hold a Magnus/Reserve CC then these can be converted to ITC Green Points at 5:4. PostPe would be next in this order with 0.4% instant cashback.

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But we won’t get cashback via this right?
The cashback I've earned by paying credit card bills 👇 through PostPe. I spent the cashback at merchant stores which supports BharatPe QR or will transfer to my bank account(charges applicable)
1672420455287.png

avi_devdhar

TF Buzz
Installed paytm in my father's phone.
there is an offer going on,
100% cashback points on payment on CC bill pay upto 2L, once a month.

i paid 15k and got 15k cashback points, worth 130-140rs,
paytm cashback points are worth ~0.9%.
so using debit card on top of it, giving good rewards,

though i don't see this offer on my paytm.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
i have a sbi classic rupay debit card. it gives like 100 points for a transaction of 10k, its value is 25 rupee, so its 0.25%. 100 points is max cap per transaction and 1000 points per month, so can be used to pay credit card bills upto 1L pm.
I tried making payment through SBI Visa paywave debit card on Paytm, I didn't get any points and on calling the SBI call centre was told/shared terms and condition that mentioned no points are credited for debit card being used for credit card payments. Are you still getting points? or this feature specific to Rupay debit cards.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I tried making payment through SBI Visa paywave debit card on Paytm, I didn't get any points and on calling the SBI call centre was told/shared terms and condition that mentioned no points are credited for debit card being used for credit card payments. Are you still getting points? or this feature specific to Rupay debit cards.
SBI Indianoil RuPay Platinum debit card spend on paytm cc bill repayment, already got points + every month amazon add money 100 discount offer.

No idea about SBI Visa card.

by the way better to use cheQ app and get flat 1% Unlimited Cashback.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Arosaurabh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
CheQ app currently available for beta users on Play store.

you can also pay through debit cards.

Already many technofino community members using it.

Flat Unlimited 1% cashback, redeem on amazon gv + your debit card rewards.

you can use cheQ app apk file - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1QE7ynOZBgGmknd3vbvxGp9tlpe9qtWoY
I don't think they are taking any more request, had filled the form more than a week ago, but didn't got any response from them. And yes i think i its only SBI Rupay platinum Debit cards which are getting points.