• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does anyone have EasyShop Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card

View attachment 1267

Are you guys implying on this one, to be honest I missed it ? As I compare the Preferred and Imperia version of Easyshop Platinum card they are same as someone here mentioned including Lounge access (this is the only good use of this card). As also they promise cashback points and not direct cash. But would we use debits when we have facility of using credit cards?

Any compelling reason to upgrade ?
just want to confirm again, Platinum DC is free for all Imperia customers right?? even for saving & current ac customers.. ?
pls any one can confirm this?
View attachment 1373
Got the card just applied for plantium and received the one i wanted ..
did they charge you 750/- for the same?

just want to confirm again, Platinum DC is free for all Imperia customers right?? even for saving & current ac customers.. ?
pls any one can confirm this?

did they charge you 750/- for the same?
Yes it it, have current and saving both are Imperia and no charges for debit card and been a Imperia customer for more than 2 year no charge have been charged and you even ask for previously waved off if your account was upgraded within a time frame of upgrade to Imperia and you were charged for debit chard during if it come in the same financial period

My observations and experience with HDFC HNI Platinum Debit card variants ...

Observations:
  1. Generally speaking all paltinum debit cards whether they were written Classic, Preferred or Imperia are , more or less similar, what matters is on which platform they are issued, I guess.
  2. If you are a HNI account holder, these Platinum Debit cards are free( irrespectie of thier issued platforms)
  3. Daily transaction limits, ATM limits, Online spending limits etc vary according to the HNI account variant.
  4. Upgrading from the Net banking to the Platinum debit cards gives us vanilla platinum cards with annual fee waiver and enahanced daily limits..
  5. The differentiating factor among these Platinum debit cards is " Airport Lounge Access"... I think i) some do have access, ii) some don't have and iii) some have more visits than others... Here all the confusion comes. ( I am still confused anyway)...
  6. If we apply through our RM, i.e. through Branch, we need to fill up Debit card form, this is where the tricky part lies, Here in this form, we have more specific options to choose from, with regard to available specific cards which may have more benefits.. Your RM will help you in selecting the specialized card you may be entitiled to depending upon the HNI variant account you hold. In my case I will explain what happened.
Experience:
Initially I have Millennia Master Card Debit card.

1686217636868.jpeg

After upgrading to Preferred account, applied for an upgraded preferred Platinum Debit card from Net Banking...
Got this.
1686219097066.png
This is basically vanilla Visa version of Platinum debit card, which according to many people that doesn't have access to Airport lounge.

Then I applied thru RM, and filled in the DC application form with ADHAR authentication. This time I specifically asked for Master Card and he choose that specific card. A few days later got this:

1686219402040.png

This according to many people will have Airport Lounge access. If we applied thru net banking , we will get the standard visa variant only...

I beilieve , there is a Imperia Platinum debit card issued on Visa Infinite platform for Imperia account holders. For this you need to apply thru branch. If you apply thru Net banking, same story , will get the standard VISA variant.

The interseted Imperia Account holders may try this way and update the community, that would be greatly appreciated.....

Last edited:

Observations:
  1. Generally speaking all paltinum debit cards whether they were written Classic, Preferred or Imperia are , more or less similar, what matters is on which platform they are issued, I guess.
  2. If you are a HNI account holder, these Platinum Debit cards are free( irrespectie of thier issued platforms)
  3. Daily transaction limits, ATM limits, Online spending limits etc vary according to the HNI account variant.
  4. Upgrading from the Net banking to the Platinum debit cards gives us vanilla platinum cards with annual fee waiver and enahanced daily limits..
  5. The differentiating factor among these Platinum debit cards is " Airport Lounge Access"... I think i) some do have access, ii) some don't have and iii) some have more visits than others... Here all the confusion comes. ( I am still confused anyway)...
  6. If we apply through our RM, i.e. through Branch, we need to fill up Debit card form, this is where the tricky part lies, Here in this form, we have more specific options to choose from, with regard to available specific cards which may have more benefits.. Your RM will help you in selecting the specialized card you may be entitiled to depending upon the HNI variant account you hold. In my case I will explain what happened.
Experience:

View attachment 19292

After upgrading to Preferred account, applied for an upgraded preferred Platinum Debit card from Net Banking...
Got this.
View attachment 19300
This is basically vanilla Visa version of Platinum debit card, which according to many people that doesn't have access to Airport lounge.

Then I applied thru RM, and filled in the DC application form with ADHAR authentication. This time I specifically asked for Master Card and he choose that specific card. A few days later got this:

View attachment 19302

This according to many people will have Airport Lounge access. If we applied thru net banking , we will get the standard visa variant only...

I beilieve , there is a Imperia Platinum debit card issued on Visa Infinite platform for Imperia account holders. For this you need to apply thru branch. If you apply thru Net banking, same story , will get the standard VISA variant.

The interseted Imperia Account holders try this way and update the community, that would be greatly appreciated.....
There's no difference between various easy shop debit cards(premier banking) apart from the insignia. The only difference between the standard easyshop card and the ones you receive with your premier banking relationship is the enhanced insurance cover. All of them are platinum chip cards.
However, there's a new Infiniti debit card now which is more premium than the easyshop range of cards.
Link: https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/pay/cards/debit-cards/infiniti-debit-card

Got this.
View attachment 19300
I have used visa platinum dc for lounge access. Don't think it matter if it's visa/mastercard. Maybe the list of lounges is different.

Reactions: SSV
I have used visa platinum dc for lounge access. Don't think it matter if it's visa/mastercard. Maybe the list of lounges is different.
Thanks for the update.. As I don't have personal experience with VISA variant for Lounge access, I was relying on people's opinion on the net. Somehow most of them agreed on one thing Master is always better than Visa in the preferred segment ( not just with regard to lounge list)..
Anyway, there are differences between upgrading thru Net banking and via branch...

Observations:
Experience:

View attachment 19292

Got this.
View attachment 19300

View attachment 19302

The interseted Imperia Account holders may try this way and update the community, that would be greatly appreciated.....
Was the process for MC EASYSHOP PLATINUM completely online or do we need to visit branch to submit physical form?

Was the process for MC EASYSHOP PLATINUM completely online or do we need to visit branch to submit physical form?
It seems some people got MC variant through online DC upgradation. I got Visa when I did online. Then talked to RM , needed to visit branch for finger print authentication and he chose the right prooduct for me... Thats how I got.

It seems some people got MC variant through online DC upgradation. I got Visa when I did online. Then talked to RM , needed to visit branch for finger print authentication and he chose the right prooduct for me... Thats how I got.
I tried 4-5 times to apply easyshop platinum debit card online but everytime i just received visa Variant . Instead of fingerprint,is there any other way for authentication because it's my grandfather account and he lives in village and i don't want to troubled him for just a debit card.

That's the reality nowadays brother, so I do not chase these HDFC guys up nowadays. I simply move funds around to IDFC and others. The new players are a bit more concerned about retaining customers and so we have a fair chance to get good services.

The other plan I had was to close previous accounts and open new accounts either in my name or on my wife's name year on year and get premium benefits. As I see it most of these premium account benefits are valid for one year only (amazon prime, zomato etc), so next year new account, new setup. My credit cards however remains unfazed.
which account provide amazon prime, zomato benefits ?

Back