• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HSBC have the most useless credit cards from international bank?

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I had spent around 6L this year and received close to 40-42K points converted those to kris miles. If you see that approx. worth a round trip to sin-bom(38-40k worth). That's close to 6.66%

Not including any instant discounts, cashback, bms offers

sahilcapricorn

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have HSBC Cashback Card since 1.5 years approx. Anyway possibility to convert it into Platinum? to avoid yearly fee..
I use it only during offers etc. It's not my primary card.. HDFC Infinia is being used for most transactions.

BlueFlash

TF Premier
I had spent around 6L this year and received close to 40-42K points converted those to kris miles. If you see that approx. worth a round trip to sin-bom(38-40k worth). That's close to 6.66%

Not including any instant discounts, cashback, bms offers
Something's off with your calculations... 6.25L gets you 20.3K points, which translates into 3.3%
How did you end up with ~40K with ~6L spends ?
At least based on the current/latest reward points.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
Is it a good idea to calculate spends based on points earned?

Say i have redeemed 4000 points, so i must have spent 3L already, right?

I don't remember seeing any bonus points offer for HSBC.

So, need just 1L more to reach 5x range.
on spends upto 4L you get normal RP. on every spent above 4L you will get 5x rewards (upto 15k max).

I have a HSBC Premier card. Don't use it much but recently they had emailed that if I spend 20 lakhs a year, I can get a metal card and a refund of the markup fee. I tend to travel aboard quite frequently and the foreign markup fees are a killer. Personally that's the only benefit I have seen from an HSBC card.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
When does 5x points credited? Along with normal points after transaction settlement or some time later?

My transactions are settled and calculations are not matching up with points credited. So i am confused.
Should be instant after transaction settlements. For better clarity wait till statement generation or you can raise with HSBC chat very professional & helpful!!

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Should be instant after transaction settlements. For better clarity wait till statement generation or you can raise with HSBC chat very professional & helpful!!
Messaged their customer care, they told to wait till statement geberates. Mailed after statement generated. They called and told to wait for 45 days from transaction date. No idea what are they doing.

BTW, does 15K points limit include whole 5x points or just remaining 4x points? This 45 days wait will not allow me to try and verify with small transaction 😅.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
Messaged their customer care, they told to wait till statement geberates. Mailed after statement generated. They called and told to wait for 45 days from transaction date. No idea what are they doing.

BTW, does 15K points limit include whole 5x points or just remaining 4x points? This 45 days wait will not allow me to try and verify with small transaction 😅.
Sad. I will suggest to complaint to senior executive this is not expected from HSBC. Also, It's not 15k point upto 15k pts with accelarted 5x (including base RP AFAIK).
Also, no point using the card anymore above 4.1L (0.1 extra safety net) unless new anniversary year start