• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Embark on the Ultimate Safari Adventure: A Dream Vacation with Points and Miles

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
🦓🌍✈️

Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Picture this: a luxurious tent at the J W Marriott Masai Mara Lodge, one of the most opulent properties in the heart of the African wilderness. Now, imagine experiencing this luxury not with your hard-earned cash but with points and miles. Yes, you heard it right!

J W Marriott Masai Mara Lodge - A Safari Oasis

The J W Marriott Masai Mara Lodge, with its exquisite safari tents, is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts and luxury seekers alike. The tent, which can cost upwards of 3700 USD a night (and sometimes even 6000-7000 USD a night), becomes a beacon of opportunity when redeemed with Marriott Bonvoy points. At a mere 106,000 MB points per night, and considering Marriott's generous 5th-night free perk for MB redemptions, a 5-night stay can be secured for just 424,000 MB points. (Keep an eye out for nights requiring 108,000 points and plan accordingly!)

This all-inclusive deal covers breakfast, lunch, dinner, room minibar, snacks & nibbles. The cherry on top? A complimentary DSLR camera rental for capturing those stunning safari moments and complimentary laundry services (up to 5 clothes per day per person). While group game drives are included, private game drives can be arranged for 450 USD per vehicle per day.

The cost of a 5-night stay at this luxurious retreat can easily skyrocket to 18-50 lakhs if opting for revenue stays. However, the savvy traveler can secure the same experience for a fraction of the cost with 424,000-432,000 MB miles, especially with the current 30% bonus on Amex to Marriott transfers. 🌟

Tips for the Savvy Traveler:

1. Book During the Amex to Marriott 30% Bonus Period: Transfer a strategic 327,000-330,000 Amex MR points to Marriott during the bonus period, ensuring not only the possibility of a 5-night redemption at the J W Marriott Masai Mara Lodge but also enjoying the added benefit of a 30% bonus on your transferred points. This is your ticket to a truly spectacular deal! 🌟
  2. Buy Points Directly from Marriott: If you're a few points short, take advantage of the 30% bonus by buying points directly from Marriott. Pro tip: buy them while booking to confirm your reservation and receive points early.
  3. Flight Options: Opt for direct flights from Delhi and Mumbai with AI or Indigo for more cost-effective travel. You can also look for redemption using Turkish or United FFP's.
  4. Park Fees: Be aware of additional costs, such as park fees at 100 USD per person per day between January 1st - June 30th, 2024, and 200 USD per person per day from July 1st - December 31st, 2024. For a 5-night stay, this cost alone could amount to 1.70 lakhs for two guests.
📆 Redemption Window: Open for October-November 2024. Be sure to check available dates before transferring points and consider booking at least 3 nights for a glimpse of the extravagant Masai Mara.

Needless to say, my bags are packed, and I've already booked my dream vacation. Join me in the heart of the wild for an adventure that will be etched in memory forever! 🌄📸

BlurPhoto1701203200627.jpeg

👉 If you like this post and want to get yourself an Amex card, you can use my referral link through which we both can benefit with bonus points. Please DM for the referral link.

Last edited:

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Now it’s not showing was able to see June 1-2, 11-12. Now it’s gone.

Yes fairmont is not located well but with points u have only these 2 option as of now
Yeah those were phantom availability, the dashboard would show points booking available but the booking won't go through.
Afaik point booking window for J W Marriot opened last year around Nov-Dec.

You can try Fairmont too, it's a good property but the only issue is its location

narun2001

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah those were phantom availability, the dashboard would show points booking available but the booking won't go through.
Afaik point booking window for J W Marriot opened last year around Nov-Dec.

You can try Fairmont too, it's a good property but the only issue is its location
For safari, I was under the impression that the path will be fixed or something for all properties. Does the location matter? I was planning to move points to accor for eventual redemption at Fairmont 😅 Is it a bad idea?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
For safari, I was under the impression that the path will be fixed or something for all properties. Does the location matter? I was planning to move points to accor for eventual redemption at Fairmont 😅 Is it a bad idea?
Nope it's not a bad idea. You can plan that trip.
Actually Masai Mara is huge , so the location does matter for animal spotting it would particularly depend on when you are visiting and are you specially visiting for the great migration or just big 5 spotting
Try to check the trend of great migration you will get a better idea about the location.

sahilgulati5

TF Select
If u r going after June u should not have a problem as u should be able to see the Migration. Since i am planning for june 1st week i would have to go to Central Serengeti to see the start of Migration. Tanzania is very Expensive tho.