• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

EMI With Interest Cancellation

Is icici no cost emi trick still working, saw a post few days back , where icici has shared that emis can't be cancelled

For around 42.5k ( 20.5k and 22k two emi transactions) Emi foreclosure, it charged me 1103rs
If the 199+18% GST is not included in it -

1103/1.18 ~ 935 which comes about to be 2.2% of the 42.5k.

If the 199+18% GST is included then it comes out to be about 1.7% of the 42.5k.

This work for any emi purchase, online or offline, no-cost one or interest one. Just that be aware that some banks (like SBI) charge a pretty penny to close the loan early but that's about it. It has been confirmed that Kotak, ICICI, HDFC and AXIS, don't charge anything for closing the emi.
I went to close my hdfc consumer loan they said i have to almost equal amount .. as i will give them in next 15 months 🤣. I was like ruko

I went to close my hdfc consumer loan they said i have to almost equal amount .. as i will give them in next 15 months 🤣. I was like ruko
This trick works only in the first 15 days. If you are past that period, you would usually be charged with 3% +GST on the remaining principle balance.

Back