• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

EXC PYMT DUP amount credited back to HDFC account

ltf4ever

TF Legend
I had paid my HDFC credit card bill yesterday, from my HDFC account. it was also credited to the card account.

but today, I got payment credited back to my account with the comment "EXC PYMT DUP", followed by the credit card number.

can someone explain what is happening?

Short form looks like excess payment duplicate. Maybe you had auto debit on and amount was already paid? And you also paid again, so a refund for one payment?

Short form looks like excess payment duplicate. Maybe you had auto debit on and amount was already paid? And you also paid again, so a refund for one payment?
no autodebit on. I checked my account statement and there is no double payment also. the money went out of my bank account only once, and came back again.

I had paid my HDFC credit card bill yesterday, from my HDFC account. it was also credited to the card account.

but today, I got payment credited back to my account with the comment "EXC PYMT DUP", followed by the credit card number.

Same here. What is happening

Same here. What is happening

A new, state-of-the-art 100% CashBack system, hopefully! ;-).

I checked because same thing happened with me and got the point that, if you pay your two EMIs bill before time then bank credit it the 2nd EMI bill in your account for the next bill payment.

Back