• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experience of burning Accor points for international stay

hysteriadoc

TF Select
I recently experienced Accor Hotels for the first time. All thanks to Axis Magnus (dead now). I had booked 2 Hotels.
1. Grand Mercure Mysore 2 rooms 2 nights. Rate Rs. 30400 /- excluding taxes. Taxes = Rs. 8447 /-. I had booked on Accor App with 16000 Accor points with remaining amount Taxes Rs. 8447. At checkout I paid all these remaining amount + taxes + dinner for 4 + minibar menu - with 6000 Accor points and final amount Rs. 650 /- by cash.
2. Grand Mercure Gopalan Mall Bengaluru 2 rooms 1 night. Rate Rs. 22000 /- excluding taxes. Taxes = Rs. 3960 /-. I had booked on Accor App with 12000 Accor points with remaining amount Taxes Rs. 3960 /-. At checkout I paid all these reamining amount + taxes + minibar menu - with 2000 Accor points and final amount Rs. 790 /- by cash.
Room category for both was - Deluxe room with breakfast, flexible rate
At Bengaluru hotel, they had kept a hold of Rs. 20000 /- at checkin which they reversed after checkout within 48 hours after deducting Rs. 790/-.
It was a great experience.
Overall cost - 36000 Accor points + Rs. 1440 cash.

pscking

TF Buzz
Hi guys,

I'm planning to travel to Dubai in Dec and when i try to book hotel via points it's shows error.
I contacted Accor team and they placed the booking on behalf of me. No card details or points were taken. They told me i can burn my points at the time of check-in.

Just wanted to confirm if this is right or valid thing? As I'm not aware about it.
Is there any way i can prepay the whole amount via points ?

pscking

TF Buzz
You need to book the hotels mark ALL on the Accor app using your points
I did and while booking i was able to redeem 44000 points and when remaining amount i was paying by card it shows error

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_102252_ALLcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_102252_ALLcom.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 10

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I did and while booking i was able to redeem 44000 points and when remaining amount i was paying by card it shows error
Is it non refundable booking? If not, no need to pay (and u can't either) remaining amount using card.

If it is non refundable, then I am not sure how accor support booked it for u😅. Full amount is required to be paid in advance for that.

Did u call them or email? Usually on call they ask me if I want to burn points or not and they do that accordingly. Also, ask for card details even for refundable rate, if u want to guarente the booking.

Also, check it international transaction status on card. Try some other cards. If u used app, try website and vice versa.

pscking

TF Buzz
Is it non refundable booking? If not, no need to pay (and u can't either) remaining amount using card.

If it is non refundable, then I am not sure how accor support booked it for u😅. Full amount is required to be paid in advance for that.

Did u call them or email? Usually on call they ask me if I want to burn points or not and they do that accordingly. Also, ask for card details even for refundable rate, if u want to guarente the booking.

Also, check it international transaction status on card. Try some other cards. If u used app, try website and vice versa.
Don't know that, but they booked it without card details and said i can pay full amount via points at the time of check-in.

Also, i tried with 2 different cards but was facing the same problem and i choose non-refundable. Still point redemption option was available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_133240_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_133240_Gmail.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 7