• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experience of burning Accor points for international stay

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I find in phuket it almost standard when going through online taxi booking and accor app. However the hotel replied that it should be paid separately to my email. But in accor app I could find option of booking and paying through points.
The one you get on app offers only 10Euros for 2000 points is what I know

aashish2137

TF Select
Hi Ashish, which property is this? If even souvenirs can be redeemed by points that's a good deal. Have you booked any activities or taxis using hotel and tried reedeeming by points?
Novotel Kamala Beach Resort. The thing is, the hotel has a essential items shop for things like sunscreen, hat, beach hangbag, etc and they have some souvenirs as well. This is why they allow to charge to the room because its primarily an essential items shop.

sahil624

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, where to look for taxi booking on app? Is it available on Accor All members? And is the All membership only for South Asia hotels

Also, all the accor properties have option to pay for meals by points? I have mailed the hotel but they have not provided any confirmation.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi, where to look for taxi booking on app? Is it available on Accor All members? And is the All membership only for South Asia hotels

Also, all the accor properties have option to pay for meals by points? I have mailed the hotel but they have not provided any confirmation.
You can book for taxi from the all Accor website
Most hotels allow meals payment by points just ask them to add the bill to room and then clear using points on checkout , you can also most probably redeem your points in the restaurant itself

Hi @aashish2137

I have made a booking in Novotel Phuket and your experience was incredibly helpful in my plan to utilize Accor points.

I have some questions and would be great if we can connect over DM. Can you please DM me? (I'm not able to DM you as I'm TF Neo).

Thanks!

itsds

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1.8 Rs
2000 accor points = 40 euros

In Atlas on spend of 100 we get 2 Edge Mile, 2 Edge Mile = 4 Accor Point = Rs 4*1.8 = Rs 7.2

so that mean in Atlas if we redeem edge Miles on Accor then we will get return of 7% for every 100 spend, right?

Please help me to clarify if i am doing anything wrong here.

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
In Atlas on spend of 100 we get 2 Edge Mile, 2 Edge Mile = 4 Accor Point = Rs 4*1.8 = Rs 7.2

so that mean in Atlas if we redeem edge Miles on Accor then we will get return of 7% for every 100 spend, right?

Please help me to clarify if i am doing anything wrong here.
Yup, you are right!

Samrock90

TF Buzz
Hi I've been a silent reader of this forum and made an account today to share my experience of burning Accor points for international stay, especially amid some feedback of issues at the checkout on Twitter.

I'm an Accor plus silver member (spend 4000 points for status upgrade) and booked 2 Novotel properties in Phuket for 3 and 2 nights each.

Property 1
Booked a refundable tariff along with mykids package and paid with points. Since points can be redeemed in multiples of 2000, the remaining was held on my card. At the time of check-in, I informed them that we would pay with points at checkout. The hotel still insisted to hold a charge which I was ok with.
Accor has a running offer of 50% off on dining (2 guests) which even the front desk hadn't informed us of. Came as a surprise.
At the time of checkout, they generated an OTP. As I didn't have international roaming I was worried it would be an issue but the OTP came on email instead. Took about 30 seconds. The points were used and remaining was paid in cash. The hold was reversed after 2 days.

Property 2: booked a non refundable tariff so they charged the remaining amount to my card. I availed mykids package here too and mydrinks (2 hours unlimited hard drinks, full day unlimited soft drinks) as well since both were paid via points. This property had a souvenir shop that charged to the room and I was able to pay the room charge with points at checkout. So effectively I got souvenirs with points at the tariff conversion rate which was great. Another important difference was this property didn't ask for any OTP while burning the points. I told them I'll use points and they were able to burn them and I got an acknowledgement email. This came as a pleasant surprise. Also this means the properties have a way to burn points without an OTP so if you're not able to login to Accor account, they shouldn't refuse the points burn technically.

Overall - it was superb experience. We paid about inr 3000 for 5 nights stay, meals, drinks and gifts. Could've saved the 3000 also had I planned better to avoid rounding difference but it's fine. I've been an Infinia users but never had such a rewarding credit card experience yet.

Another important update - Accor is running big offers on dining in most of their Asian properties for Accor plus members right now. It's kind of like 100% off divided by number of members dining (except for 1 diner it's 25%). Doesn't even require a stay.
Wanted to ask if there are kids while dining with accor plus membership do we still get 50 percent discount?

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
got this message from mail from hotel i had booked 2 weeks before stay
Facing issue : Regarding your reservation MTZS under pre-payment rate, please be informed that it has not been successfully settled due to card payment Diners xxx-003 with error message’s “No response code”. To guarantee for this booking, please contact your card issuing bank to check on this issue/ override overseas transaction for our retry. Otherwise, please provide your other credit card by filling the enclosed authorization form and revert to us before 12:00pm on Dec 08, 2023 with copy of passport and 02 sides bank card.