• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Federal Bank Celesta Mastercard application experience

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I closed One Card earlier to apply for Scapia but as Scapia is not issuing new cards decided to go with Federal Bank Celesta MC.

One Card was closed on 29th December but I was unable to apply for Celesta as system kept saying "You are already using Federal Bank Credit Card services". So, I wrote to customer care and they asked me to provide proof of One Card closure. Provided mail from One card team and also shared CIBIL report where closure date was reflecting as 29th December. They asked me to wait for cool down period which is 90 days. But even when I tried on 1st April system was giving the same error, so I wrote back to customer care. They opened a ticket and kept giving me updates every 3/4 days saying team working on it, we need some more time. Yesterday night also I saw a mail from them and wrote back saying it's already 15 days when is the problem going to be resolved? As usual after sending the mail I tried applying and Voila! it worked. It was around 9:10 pm when I submitted the application. System only asked for last 3 months salary account bank statement. Did not ask for salary slip, no Aadhaar verification, no address proof or anything else, no VKYC either.

Today morning at 10:57 received SMS your card is issued. That was superfast...card issued in less than 14 hours. The SMS also said I can use the digital card from FedMobile app but when tried to register, after mobile number verification it is asking for 14 digit Federal Bank account number and not allowing to proceed :(

Let's wait and see when I receive the card.

Update:
Card issued Signet Visa with 1.2L CL
Requested for cancellation on 18-Apr as they refused to upgrade to Celesta MC
Card received through Delhivery on 22-Apr
Card closed on 26-Apr (exactly on the 7th working day from date of request :cry:)

Last edited:

sjmajumder

TF Ace
We can't change name in reservation? This is not a good thing then.
As per bank facility is available only for primary card holder. If club will allow or not that needs to be checked. They might allow because it will mean business for them but then again these are big clubs and may value policies more than small fees they will earn from bank.

The club that I go to has a 12 year waiting for new membership and recently advertised in newspaper that if any member is willing to give up their membership they will pay 4L to the member.

As per bank facility is available only for primary card holder. If club will allow or not that needs to be checked. They might allow because it will mean business for them but then again these are big clubs and may value policies more than small fees they will earn from bank.

The club that I go to has a 12 year waiting for new membership and recently advertised in newspaper that if any member is willing to give up their membership they will pay 4L to the member.
4 lac damnn. So their membership provides unlimited access for life? I didn't know people are this crazy for golf.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had FI and jupiter account. Applied 29th march and card was instantly approved within 1 minute, it was the fastest application to cc experience of my life. No cibil inquiry or anything. Just entered PAN then confimed delivery address and boom. Btw you can use your FI account number to access fed mobile app for your cc. I got celesta mc with 5 lac limit.
Mine was kind of similar. I had FI and Jupiter accounts. 9 months ago, sadly, it showed no offer for me (though there was a CIBIL inquiry). On March 30, I applied again for the second time (no CIBIL inquiry this time). Just entered my PAN, and within a minute, the next page displayed my address via Aadhaar and asked for the desired name on the card. Finally, the Celesta card with a 10L limit was approved. No KYC was required. I was able to activate the card instantly via my FI account number.

Mine was kind of similar. I had FI and Jupiter accounts. 9 months ago, sadly, it showed no offer for me (though there was a CIBIL inquiry). On March 30, I applied again for the second time (no CIBIL inquiry this time). Just entered my PAN, and within a minute, the next page displayed my address via Aadhaar and asked for the desired name on the card. Finally, the Celesta card with a 10L limit was approved. No KYC was required. I was able to activate the card instantly via my FI account number.
What was the highest limit cc you had that time? Mine was around 4.5lac thats why i got similar limit.