• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Frankfurt to Mumbai

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Did you book or found out whether it is one way or round trip by selecting one way?
One way hi hai. Booked DEL-WAW return trip on LOT last month using Krisflyer for around 60k points for economy. Mumbai-Frankfurt will also be in a similar range. Not as lucrative as booking via Turkish but award seats are generally available and during peak seasons you can get value of more than 2 rs per point.

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I was able to book through customer care. You will have to keep calling till you find someone who knows how to book star alliance flight!
So booked turkish for ur brother successfully on call? All details over call? How did u pay taxes on call? Did they share some link to verify details and pay? Or u told card details also on call itself.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So booked turkish for ur brother successfully on call? All details over call? How did u pay taxes on call? Did they share some link to verify details and pay? Or u told card details also on call itself.
So this was my first award booking in Turkish airlines. So I could only book for myself and not family online through website. Once you complete your first award flight, you will be able to book award flights for your family as well.

The first time I called the customer care, the lady told me that she can only book an award flight for me because my account was new! After convincing her that customer care has the ability to book award flights for family as well, she told me that she cannot find Air India flight even though I told her many times that it was an alliance partner booking and not Turkish airlines booking. After wasting 20 mins trying, finally disconnected the call.

Then I tried booking a single ticket for myself first. Got the error which I shared above.

Then I called the customer care after 1hr. This time, a guy picked up who was knowledgeable and directly asked me if he should book on my behalf when I told him that I was getting an error. He asked me which airlines I was looking for and the flight number along with the schedule. He quickly looked it up and said that there was only 1 economy and 1 business class available. Looked up for multiple days and had the same issue. Finally I asked him if he can book separate tickets (1 economy and 1 business class), he said that he can try but won't be able to guarantee that I will get both if someone else books one of them during the booking as he would need to book it one at a time. I said it's fine since those tickets were available since few weeks.

So he started with my booking first in economy. Asked for the miles number, name, phone number and email. Then sent me an email with the details for me to confirm if everything was correct. Then he confirmed the booking. He said that I can pay at the end after 2nd booking.
Then he started booking the 2nd ticket. Asked for the name, dob, phone and email. Sent another email to confirm the details. Then he confirmed the booking.

Then he started the payment process in the order: 1st ticket taxes -> 1st ticket miles redemption -> 2nd ticket taxes -> 2nd ticket miles redemption.
Taxes payment: Give card holder name first. Then enter card details in IVR. No pin needed. Taxes were paid in EUR (33 EUR in my case).
Miles redemption: Enter miles account pin (same as login pin) in IVR.

Finally he sent the tickets in email. Took 50 mins in all. So if its a single booking, should not take more than 30 mins if you find a good customer rep!

Sorry for the long post 😅

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
So this was my first award booking in Turkish airlines. So I could only book for myself and not family online through website. Once you complete your first award flight, you will be able to book award flights for your family as well.

The first time I called the customer care, the lady told me that she can only book an award flight for me because my account was new! After convincing her that customer care has the ability to book award flights for family as well, she told me that she cannot find Air India flight even though I told her many times that it was an alliance partner booking and not Turkish airlines booking. After wasting 20 mins trying, finally disconnected the call.

Then I tried booking a single ticket for myself first. Got the error which I shared above.

Then I called the customer care after 1hr. This time, a guy picked up who was knowledgeable and directly asked me if he should book on my behalf when I told him that I was getting an error. He asked me which airlines I was looking for and the flight number along with the schedule. He quickly looked it up and said that there was only 1 economy and 1 business class available. Looked up for multiple days and had the same issue. Finally I asked him if he can book separate tickets (1 economy and 1 business class), he said that he can try but won't be able to guarantee that I will get both if someone else books one of them during the booking as he would need to book it one at a time. I said it's fine since those tickets were available since few weeks.

So he started with my booking first in economy. Asked for the miles number, name, phone number and email. Then sent me an email with the details for me to confirm if everything was correct. Then he confirmed the booking. He said that I can pay at the end after 2nd booking.
Then he started booking the 2nd ticket. Asked for the name, dob, phone and email. Sent another email to confirm the details. Then he confirmed the booking.

Then he started the payment process in the order: 1st ticket taxes -> 1st ticket miles redemption -> 2nd ticket taxes -> 2nd ticket miles redemption.
Taxes payment: Give card holder name first. Then enter card details in IVR. No pin needed. Taxes were paid in EUR (33 EUR in my case).
Miles redemption: Enter miles account pin (same as login pin) in IVR.

Finally he sent the tickets in email. Took 50 mins in all. So if its a single booking, should not take more than 30 mins if you find a good customer rep!

Sorry for the long post 😅
Thanks for the detailed post.

So, with customer care, there is no requirement of first flight being yours? Or u still need at least one passenger to be yourself?

Were u seeing single ticket available even on website or website was showing more than one economy ticket? What was business ticket price?

Wouldn't vistara non-stop with 2 economy would have been cheaper than 1 economy+1 business in Turkish?

For card details in ivr, u entered just card number or expiry and cvv also?

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the detailed post.

So, with customer care, there is no requirement of first flight being yours? Or u still need at least one passenger to be yourself?

Were u seeing single ticket available even on website or website was showing more than one economy ticket? What was business ticket price?

Wouldn't vistara non-stop with 2 economy would have been cheaper than 1 economy+1 business in Turkish?

For card details in ivr, u entered just card number or expiry and cvv also?
I didn't ask but I think the account holder should also travel.

Was seeing only 1 ticket in website as well. Business ticket was 30k miles + 33 EUR tax.

No, Turkish business was cheaper than economy in other airlines! Turkish economy was 19k miles + 33 EUR tax. I checked in United airlines, it was 33k miles + 40-60 USD for an economy ticket.
Note: Always search for partner booking in Turkish rather than Turkish award flight. I could find 19k ticket for Turkish airlines from partner booking but it was 30k through regular award booking. Hard to find though, you have to search date by date.

Card details + expiry + CVV since a transaction cannot be done without these.

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Suppose only one award ticket is available, and i want to book 2nd as revenue and if I book from direct airline or travel edge or say mmt, can i still get seats nearby ?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I didn't ask but I think the account holder should also travel.

Was seeing only 1 ticket in website as well. Business ticket was 30k miles + 33 EUR tax.

No, Turkish business was cheaper than economy in other airlines! Turkish economy was 19k miles + 33 EUR tax. I checked in United airlines, it was 33k miles + 40-60 USD for an economy ticket.
Note: Always search for partner booking in Turkish rather than Turkish award flight. I could find 19k ticket for Turkish airlines from partner booking but it was 30k through regular award booking. Hard to find though, you have to search date by date.

Card details + expiry + CVV since a transaction cannot be done without these.
How are you seeing 33 euro tax?

Checked same route FRA-BOM and For me, it shows 158 euro taxes and has few hours layover in Istanbul. Checked 3-4 dates.

And business class is 60k miles with 420 euro.

When u say partner booking in Turkish rather than award flight, what exactly do you mean? I see only award flight book with miles section on Turkish site.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How are you seeing 33 euro tax?

Checked same route FRA-BOM and For me, it shows 158 euro taxes and has few hours layover in Istanbul. Checked 3-4 dates.

And business class is 60k miles with 420 euro.

When u say partner booking in Turkish rather than award flight, what exactly do you mean? I see only award flight book with miles section on Turkish site.
You are checking at the wrong place. See attach ss.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_151146_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_151146_Chrome.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 21

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That depends on the flight location. It varies. Which flight are you checking?

If you book with Turkish airlines, tax is always high, almost 10k INR.
I am checking it for FRA to BOM air india only - if i check only to - taxes are high, if i check only from india to frankfaurt - its around 2000 only

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am checking it for FRA to BOM air india only - if i check only to - taxes are high, if i check only from india to frankfaurt - its around 2000 only
Europe to India will have higher taxes. I booked from India to Europe for which the tax was around 2800 INR. But since I booked through customer care, they charged the same amount in EUR. I found the Points + taxes through Turkish miles cheaper than other miles program. Finding availability is harder though.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Europe to India will have higher taxes. I booked from India to Europe for which the tax was around 2800 INR. But since I booked through customer care, they charged the same amount in EUR. I found the Points + taxes through Turkish miles cheaper than other miles program. Finding availability is harder though.
Now that explains.