• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fraud alert : Scam in the name of RBI and Income Tax

me_sovon

TF Select
Just few minutes ago I received a call from this number +919559571321, I took the call, then there is a silence for 4 to 5 seconds then it's started speaking.

Saying that " We are calling from RBI, we found your card is involved in fraudulent transaction. All the cards linked with your name will be blocked within 2 hours. For more details press 9"

I just cut the call.
Then called ICICI and informed about the call.

But you won't believe the voice was computer generated, exactly same as ICICI customer care voice.

For a second even I was confused. IMG_20240913_100409.webp

Last edited:
It has classic traits of a fraud / Scam call:
- Posing as someone from Govt/ Authority
- Creating a sense of Urgency / Emergency so you act without thinking etc

Whenever you get such calls, just take a deep breath and think with a calm mind and everything will be clear...Don't act in panic...you did the right thing by calling your bank

Just few minutes ago I received a call from this number +919559571321, I took the call, then there is a silence for 4 to 5 seconds then it's started speaking.

Saying that " We are calling from RBI, we found your card is involved in fraudulent transaction. All the cards linked with your name will be blocked within 2 hours. For more details press 9"

I just cut the call.
Then called ICICI and informed about the call.

But you won't believe the voice was computer generated, exactly same as ICICI customer care voice.

For a second even I was confused.View attachment 68665
Government has portal "

चक्षु - Report Suspected Fraud Communication"​

you can complaint here so other people will be safe and don't expect a solution not from here , i mean everywhere
stay safe

@me_sovon / @vaibhav111 - please change thread title to Fraud alert : Scam in the name of RBI and Income Tax for better reach.

@Anshit - i never gave my mob number to anyone in malls or deals. But these scammers are employing latest AI / automation to make automated calls to find active numbers and then bombard.

@tanujsheoran - what i generally do is , report and block them in the dialler app itself. Later register their number on bhartiaxa, bajajfinance, paisabazar, cars24, godrej realtors etc.

Last edited:
It has classic traits of a fraud / Scam call:
- Posing as someone from Govt/ Authority
- Creating a sense of Urgency / Emergency so you act without thinking etc

Whenever you get such calls, just take a deep breath and think with a calm mind and everything will be clear...Don't act in panic...you did the right thing by calling your bank
Exactly.
I have already decided even if my card got blocked, I don't have worry for that if I didn't do anything wrong.
Simply I will visit my nearest branch, rather asking for help on call.

@me_sovan / @vaibhav111 - please change thread title to Fraud alert : Scam in the name of RBI and Income Tax for better reach.

@Anshit - i never gave my mob number to anyone in malls or deals. But these scammers are employing latest AI / automation to make automated calls to find active numbers and then bombard.

@tanujsheoran - what i generally do is , report and block them in the dialler app itself. Later register their number on bhartiaxa, bajajfinance, paisabazar, cars24, godrej realtors etc.
Most of the stores do not create a bill without a phone number, I guess there was a guideline to avoid taking phone number to generate bills but to circumvent this many stores have now started the practice of only providing a 'Digital' bill for which you have given them the number atleast that's what is happening in Mumbai...Registering the scammers number to Bajajfinance is diabolical, definitely gonna do that from now🤪

Most of the stores do not create a bill without a phone number, I guess there was a guideline to avoid taking phone number to generate bills but to circumvent this many stores have now started the practice of only providing a 'Digital' bill for which you have given them the number atleast that's what is happening in Mumbai...Registering the scammers number to Bajajfinance is diabolical, definitely gonna do that from now🤪
I meant those marketing guys, who give some forms to fill for luck y draw etc. Many times its hard , as they don't give bill unless one gives mob number.

I sms/whatsapp b0mb@rd them . Just google sms / whats app b o mb.

Biggest revenge will be on sbi or any cc customer support handles, post their numbers asking some credit limit enhance or some credit card, other scammers lurking for these literally devour them with hell lot of spam calls.

@me_sovon / @vaibhav111 - please change thread title to Fraud alert : Scam in the name of RBI and Income Tax for better reach.

how do we register their numbers? this is possible without otp?

Back