• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Fraud by Maple (Apple authorised reseller)

kiwi195

TF Select
Hi,
During September 2022, I purchased a Macbook Air from my nearby Maple store. The store mentioned that the price had been revised from Rs 93000 to Rs99,900. I was fine with it and made my payment expecting the MRP to be 99,900 as well. This was oversight from my end, should have confirmed the MRP on the box. Since it was a GST bill, a few months later during GST filing (Not fully aware of the process), my father found a debit note of Rs 7000 from the Maple store on the GST portal. Upon looking, I found out the store charged me the revised MRP for the older MRP unit. Contacted the store and they refused to compensate me the 7000 rupees. I took it up with customer care and they never reverted. I reached out to apple support and they said they would make a case but they said they could not contact the store hence they would be unable to help me. I agree that this was my mistake and it has been almost a year since I found out about the fraud, but is there anything that can be done to hold the store liable and receive the due? If anyone has been through something like this, kindly advise.

Back