• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Free Jupiter account

hellobois

TF Legend
I'm planning to open Jupiter account only for payment of credit card and earning up to 150 rupees per month from that.
I wish to know whether I can make the account free and use the debit card also I have read somewhere that people are paying their mutual funds from Jupiter account via standing instruction and by that way they need not to pay the annual charges on debit card and other miscellaneous charges.
please confirm if this is true
thanks

And for one year there is two possible ways..

Either create a super pot with 6.75% interest.
OR
create an FD. with federal bank with 6.8 % interest.

In my view Super pot is better because, we can see it in jupiter app itshelf and can withdraw in emergency with some deduction in interest.
FD withdraw is also instant I guess 🤔

Fi money and Jupiter both waive off DC charges on spend of 25k .

In my case , I use fi and wallet reload too counted as spending 😉
1. 25000 per month or per year.
2. Moreover if I open an account then I have to pay 299+GST upfront or after sometime?
3. What if I make a spend of 25000 after account opening then I do not have to pay 299+GST?
Pls reply. Thanks

You can do 25k transactions in 1 year
(Credit Card payments exclude but, indirectly it's free if you earn 250 Jwels on 25k transaction.😉)

Or
Keep account as Pro for 6 months

Or
Keep salary account for 6 months

DM ME FOR REFFERAL LINK🙂
any specific category to find the valid transaction? like for axis liberty its all P2M transactions are valid for 25000 monthly spends. Pls share the type of transactions which are valid. thanks

any specific category to find the valid transaction? like for axis liberty its all P2M transactions are valid for 25000 monthly spends. Pls share the type of transactions which are valid. thanks
SmartSelect_20230407-210855_Chrome.jpg

In Simple words, If you Earn 250 Jwels (via Debit card Only) anyway in 1 year then it will be free.
I think Mobikwik giving 1% jwels, so it's Qualified merchant but can't tell about, for how many days it will work....

But if you maintain 10k then, not need to bother for charges. Simply Do FD for year with 6.8%.

Or for min 6 months FD for Avoid charges for year.

1. 25000 per month or per year.
2. Moreover if I open an account then I have to pay 299+GST upfront or after sometime?
3. What if I make a spend of 25000 after account opening then I do not have to pay 299+GST?
Pls reply. Thanks
1. per year

2. You need to pay DC charges immediately after account opening. 1st year annual charge free

3. You have to issuance fee of 299+54

Then you can do wallet reload in Paytm or phonepay to get AMC waived off. Not issuance charges

1. per year

2. You need to pay DC charges immediately after account opening. 1st year annual charge free

Then you can do wallet reload in Paytm or phonepay to get AMC waived off. Not issuance charges
so I have to pay 299+GST anyways for the first time. isn't it? even if I spend 25000+ this year , I will get DC fee waiver foro next year. so 299+54 is a must for this account.

1. per year

I only need it for HDFC CC bill payment. Do you think it would be a nice idea to open a seperate account and pat 299+GST for the same? I can also use mobikwik or paytm for HDFC CC Bill payment.

For HDFC CC payment, why not HDFC Platinum DC + Mobikwik? Is Jupiter more rewarding?
HDFC DC via Mobikwik is not a certain hit, it may miss sometimes so i was looking for a sureshot 1% cb for HDFC card payment. but charges are high, already paying other bank debit card charges so no need to add extra burden. closing these accounts is also a trouble. just comparing the benefits for me.

Call jupiter customer care +91 08655055086

Personal advice - don't put large amount in fi - I got frequent mail from federal Bank investigation through normal transaction details.. and their agent and enquire then unfreeze. 😐
Yes seen many cases of Fi money of freezing the accounts for big transactions.
Jupiter is smoother. Haven't heard many cases till now. They are good too.

HDFC DC via Mobikwik is not a certain hit, it may miss sometimes so i was looking for a sureshot 1% cb for HDFC card payment. but charges are high, already paying other bank debit card charges so no need to add extra burden. closing these accounts is also a trouble. just comparing the benefits for me.
I only need it for HDFC CC bill payment. Do you think it would be a nice idea to open a seperate account and pat 299+GST for the same? I can also use mobikwik or paytm for HDFC CC Bill payment.
I dont think you will get jewels on jupiter for making CC payments through mobikwik

so I have to pay 299+GST anyways for the first time. isn't it? even if I spend 25000+ this year , I will get DC fee waiver foro next year. so 299+54 is a must for this account.
1. I can help you to recover ₹300 out of 250+54 , with a little trick (0 spending)

2. If the offer of CC bill pay is valid from a long time and you spend good amount on cc (amount qualify for cashback), then u can think.

But for me - big NO

If DC charges from 2nd year couldn't waive off for any reason, all efforts wasted.

I am using fi money it is a burden ( atm all charges free ), it didn't helped till now. thinking to close. They offer cashback upto ₹500
But gives ₹2 only 🙁(screenshot- all cashback got in 2 years )
Redeemed 149 coins for ₹2 .

Going to Close account.

Attachments

• IMG_20230408_124147.jpg
    IMG_20230408_124147.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 20
After seeing this thread opened jupiter account today and got debit card issuance fee offer for 199rs plus GST. Ordered it immediately.

Now seeing ways for keeping account in pro status and waive AMC for DC.

Back