• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Free offers with Forex Card (thread)

m4b

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
A thread for Forex card offers, I'll start
Do you know you can get free ESIM with your Visa Forex Card? (I have a Visa Corporate Axis Multicurrency Forex Card)
Link to the offer
Preview:

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 5.34.05 PM.png

Tried and tested:
24hrs TAT.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 5.36.37 PM.png
They even provide physical ESIM pickup from the kiosk at the airport.

Sometimes our CC doesn't work in apps like Grab but the forex card works. For cash withdrawal, a Forex card is a good option.
Idk what r conversion rate on forex card even in Scapia thinking to get euro from here already what will be the best converting cash to cash inr to euro or should I get any forex card ?

Idk what r conversion rate on forex card even in Scapia thinking to get euro from here already what will be the best converting cash to cash inr to euro or should I get any forex card ?
I mean it depends. I hardly carry any cash and some forex cards give you benefits to load multi-currency i.e. dollar, euro etc anytime. For cash conversion, again a hustle at some airports and you won't a good rate all the time.

I mean it depends. I hardly carry any cash and some forex cards give you benefits to load multi-currency i.e. dollar, euro etc anytime. For cash conversion, again a hustle at some airports and you won't a good rate all the time.
Take it as a fallback for your next international trip, load few euro/dollar. If you think it doesn't work for you then don't take it the next time.

Not at airport with some local agency idk I was thinking to get icici Multi currency but 0 forex mark up fee not wirtten there and others r paid

Not at airport with some local agency idk I was thinking to get icici Multi currency but 0 forex mark up fee not wirtten there and others r paid
why worry about the markup if already loaded the respective currency that you are going to use? Otherwise, dcc will be applied if you load euro and withdraw in another currency.

Sometimes our CC doesn't work in apps like Grab but the forex card works. For cash withdrawal, a Forex card is a good option.
No. I disagree. For cash withdrawal forex card is not a good option. It has high withdrawal charges compared to some other dc (indus exclusive dc, indie, idfc etc).

While loading forex card, bank gives exchange rates worse than visa exchange rates. Just yesterday I checked axis bank US$ loading rate was 85.20 which is ₹2 higher than visa exchange rates. So, already more than 2% loss while loading when compared to zero markup cards.

No. I disagree. For cash withdrawal forex card is not a good option. It has high withdrawal charges compared to some other dc (indus exclusive dc, indie, idfc etc).

While loading forex card, bank gives exchange rates worse than visa exchange rates. Just yesterday I checked axis bank US$ loading rate was 85.20 which is ₹2 higher than visa exchange rates. So, already more than 2% loss while loading when compared to zero markup cards.
As I said, it’s a good option to have, certainly not the best what we are offered by the bank.
It’s a generic statement, not specific to one bank. Conversion rate may vary from bank to bank but you get locked conversion rate while loading into forex, DC doesn’t have this. As I have mentioned some apps may not allow to use Indian CC or DC but a forex card comes to the rescue. I am not sure about the thing that if you lose your DC on your international trip then it’s a hassle to apply for replacement to abroad but it is easier with forex card.

Last edited:
why worry about the markup if already loaded the respective currency that you are going to use? Otherwise, dcc will be applied if you load euro and withdraw in another currency.
Wooooww bro I dint had this info so suppose I’m taking a Multi currency card and if I load euro and spend in euro I don’t have to worry about mark up fee ?
Also I’ll be loading euro from inr there will be only conversation charge right ?

Wooooww bro I dint had this info so suppose I’m taking a Multi currency card and if I load euro and spend in euro I don’t have to worry about mark up fee ?
Also I’ll be loading euro from inr there will be only conversation charge right ?
Also I’m going to apply for icici Multicurrency Contactless Forex Prepaid Card
But in website there nothing written about charges it’s just joining annual nill but nothing mention about withdrawal charge n all

The conversion rate varies from bank to bank with loading charges as well. I suggest, try to load it at once. No markup fee on Forex card, only DCC is applied if you spend in another currency. In your case you load euros and spend in euros so no dcc will be charged. The only charges you should be aware of are cash withdrawal and encashment fees apart from loading charges. The cash withdrawal charges vary from ATM to ATM, some ATMs may charge an additional surcharge if you withdraw in another currency from the loaded one.

Placed a request for sim 3 days ago, but no further communication from their side.
Customer service of dreamfolks is super good. Called customer care and said that i have not received any communication from their end, they said their ground team will call me up. Got callback in few mins from matrix (sim card provider), and I was asked to email documents, and they'll send the physical SIM in 2 days to my home.

Back