• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gold charge card I am applying

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi all
Finally decided to go for gold charge card from amex so that mrcc I will get ltf and in combination with both I can pay the annual fee of gold which is 4500 plus gst easily.
Here’s the question once amex opens referring mode will there be any fee reduction if I apply by ref like mrcc if applied by ref link we get bonus points as well as yly charges just 1500 instead of 4500 kindly clarify for gold charge referral application so that i can wait or Apply now.
Note: I currently own smart earn card by amex which I got delivered in 72 hours of my application so is there any cooling period to go for gold charge. Also for existing customers how to make application like scb have 1 rupee debit to validate and they won’t ask any documents.
TIA sorry for a big question

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Please check with amex cc if they will offer MRCC as companion card if you apply for Gold.

AFAIK, unline mrcc, there was no price reduction for Gold charge card, but wait for other users to comment too.

There is no cooling period in amex.

Existing customers also have to go through the online "Apply now" process for a 2nd card. All the documents have to be furnished again. This is based on the info I received before they were banned. Things may have changed now.

I would suggest you download the AMEX app and chat with customer care. They are the most friendly and will answer all your queries immedaitely, without asking you to email or call anywhere else. And you will also have a record of all the answers they provide.

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Please check with amex cc if they will offer MRCC as companion card if you apply for Gold.

AFAIK, unline mrcc, there was no price reduction for Gold charge card, but wait for other users to comment too.

There is no cooling period in amex.

Existing customers also have to go through the online "Apply now" process for a 2nd card. All the documents have to be furnished again. This is based on the info I received before they were banned. Things may have changed now.

I would suggest you download the AMEX app and chat with customer care. They are the most friendly and will answer all your queries immedaitely, without asking you to email or call anywhere else. And you will also have a record of all the answers they provide.
Wow that chat thing is really cool
Thanks for the inputs 👍✌️

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all
Finally decided to go for gold charge card from amex so that mrcc I will get ltf and in combination with both I can pay the annual fee of gold which is 4500 plus gst easily.
Here’s the question once amex opens referring mode will there be any fee reduction if I apply by ref like mrcc if applied by ref link we get bonus points as well as yly charges just 1500 instead of 4500 kindly clarify for gold charge referral application so that i can wait or Apply now.
Note: I currently own smart earn card by amex which I got delivered in 72 hours of my application so is there any cooling period to go for gold charge. Also for existing customers how to make application like scb have 1 rupee debit to validate and they won’t ask any documents.
TIA sorry for a big question
1. The referral offer usually comes with a reduced fee on the card taken. So, in this case, the MRCC can come at a lower cost. This is based on the offers before the ban. You will need to wait for referrals to open to know what they have planned this time. .
2. There is no cooling period for Amex cards. You can apply for the Gold Charge as long as you meet the eligibility.
3. With Amex it's always a fresh application. They may offer the card instantly or ask you to submit proofs again. But you have to fill the application form and do a VKYC or KYC as they deem fit. Unlike the SCB method that you mentioned.

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1. The referral offer usually comes with a reduced fee on the card taken. So, in this case, the MRCC can come at a lower cost. This is based on the offers before the ban. You will need to wait for referrals to open to know what they have planned this time. .
2. There is no cooling period for Amex cards. You can apply for the Gold Charge as long as you meet the eligibility.
3. With Amex it's always a fresh application. They may offer the card instantly or ask you to submit proofs again. But you have to fill the application form and do a VKYC or KYC as they deem fit. Unlike the SCB method that you mentioned.
Kindly share the info once referrals enabled....me too will check with my circle if that is enabled by AmEx....many thanks

surajvg

TF Buzz
Hi ! How can i one apply for Supplementary Cards for Amex MRCC ? any guidance please

loveshah

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The cc guy I got connected provided this info and also he said that platinum travel since its 5k fees anyone of 4.5k card fees mrcc or gold charge we can get as companion hope it’s all case to case
I connected with Amex CC today. My Gold Charge card is on the way. They told me that they do not provide any other card as a supplementary card of your primary card. So if your primary card is Gold Charge then you will get a supplementary card of the same product and not MRCC.

And when I asked about companion card then the customer care representative told me that she is not aware about it. She was only familiar with supplementary and add on card.

Let me know if anything changes. Hope that Amex launches companion card offers soon.

chaitanyamella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I connected with Amex CC today. My Gold Charge card is on the way. They told me that they do not provide any other card as a supplementary card of your primary card. So if your primary card is Gold Charge then you will get a supplementary card of the same product and not MRCC.

And when I asked about companion card then the customer care representative told me that she is not aware about it. She was only familiar with supplementary and add on card.

Let me know if anything changes. Hope that Amex launches companion card offers soon.
Amex terminology - supplementary card is actually the add-on card. Companion card is another card variant tagged along with your primary card (Like plat reserve is a companion card for Plat Charge)

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge

As of now i hold, Smart earn, MRCC and Gold charge all are independent cards and so far i didnt get any supplement/addon cards in Amex since no lounge facilities there for these cards which i hold.
Sure will update u if any info I receive reg companion category of cards.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
AMEX is not issuing supplement (ADD ON) cards also, they are very busy with new applications. I not sure if the cards justify the fees. Thinking of closing the cards after 1 year.

IMG_D3AAC4E26B30-1.jpeg

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
AMEX is not issuing supplement (ADD ON) cards also, they are very busy with new applications. I not sure if the cards justify the fees. Thinking of closing the cards after 1 year.

IMG_D3AAC4E26B30-1.jpeg
Yes first year fee I got good RPs which can be used and at 11th month if no good offers we can close those; tough task is 1.500X4 is tough after Amazon closed its way for cc loads