• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Gold Collection - Changes in Voucher Denomination of existing Brands and addition of new e-Vouchers

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
  • No change in Taj voucher value
  • Reduced value by 1K for Amazon, Flipkart, Shoppers Stop, Myntra & Tanishq Diamond Jewelry voucher
  • New Introduction of Reliance Digital & Tata Cliq vouchers
The old vouchers values were available for redemption until 29 February, 2024
Vistara and Croma vouchers are currently not available in the Membership Rewards Catalogue.

Attachments

• MRCC.jpg
    MRCC.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 169

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got you. But I would not look at it that way. You get to convert 1 MR to 1 MB and get around 50p to even more than a rupee value on booking through Bonvoy. Over the top of this, Marriott runs an offer usually once in a year where they give 30% bonus points so that elevates your value further.
That's what I mentioned in my above comment.

I have always got and planned my redemption in a way I get Rs. 1-2 on each MB point, not including 30% bonus transfer offer recently offered.

But 30% transfer offer is not offered very often. I heard last time it was offered 2 years bank in 2021 if i am not wrong. So for math never consider 30% transfer option. Just maximize whenever it is offered.

Aditya12

TF Premier

I have always got and planned my redemption in a way I get Rs. 1-2 on each MB point, not including 30% bonus transfer offer recently offered.

But 30% transfer offer is not offered very often. I heard last time it was offered 2 years bank in 2021 if i am not wrong. So for math never consider 30% transfer option. Just maximize whenever it is offered.
I agree that it's not offered very often but the last time wasn't definitely 2 years back. It was a few months back. I redeemed too. In fact I got HDFC Marriott Bonvoy card also to get Elite status. It has helped me get upgrades/breakfast etc.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I agree that it's not offered very often but the last time wasn't definitely 2 years back. It was a few months back. I redeemed too. In fact I got HDFC Marriott Bonvoy card also to get Elite status. It has helped me get upgrades/breakfast etc.
I am not mentioning about November 2023, Before November 2023 some 2 years back I guess.

I remember someone mentioning that on our forum. I am new to Amex, member since last year only.

viswateja

TF Select

Marriott properties are inflated always, but you can always find better optional deal in the same city for better rate.

For Ex. Sheraton Mahablipuram always gives less value, but four point Sheraton gives better value,

Similarly some properties in Maldives gives more than Rs. 1 value (Before Maldives issue) and there are new properties where in you get more than Rs.1 per MB point (Marriott Coorg, Westin Himalayas etc)

Aditya12

TF Premier
Marriott properties are inflated always, but you can always find better optional deal in the same city for better rate.

For Ex. Sheraton Mahablipuram always gives less value, but four point Sheraton gives better value,

Similarly some properties in Maldives gives more than Rs. 1 value (Before Maldives issue) and there are new properties where in you get more than Rs.1 per MB point (Marriott Coorg, Westin Himalayas etc)
True. If one is open to staying at any hotel and not a particular one, you always find one which gives much better value within the same city.

Reactions: SSV

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Real setback. Thankfully I Redeemed 54000 points last month only!
Last time when they increased the bonus point transaction limit to 1500 instead of 1000, they sweetened the difficulty with the new 20000 monthly bonus option. However, the Reliance and Tata options added now aren't attractive enough... Hope Amex India will bring in some worthwhile points back offer for redemption...

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
I love how Amex deals with devaluations.

To change the focus from negativity, they always introduce some new partners or keep some partners at similar values, this makes the user feel not entirely mad since there are other partners at similar/better values.

Most people might not even consciously notice it but genius strategy!
Well said :)
At the same time MRCC is literally free at 1.5L spends. Its not a great product for the bank unless people revolve credit .

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

they set revenue price for a 7k room at 15k. Then accoridngly u feel value is good

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
  • No change in Taj voucher value
  • Reduced value by 1K for Amazon, Flipkart, Shoppers Stop, Myntra & Tanishq Diamond Jewelry voucher
  • New Introduction of Reliance Digital & Tata Cliq vouchers
The old vouchers values were available for redemption until 29 February, 2024
Vistara and Croma vouchers are currently not available in the Membership Rewards Catalogue.
where did you get the deadline of March 1st bro?

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not feeling sad for this :p but feeling sad that Amex acceptability is a issue and AMEX is doing nothing about it
Even Medplus mart have stopped accepting amex

@BestBanker @S S V
That’s difficult to deal with that’s why all the offers in the recent past. Amex share in India surely has dropped with arrival of upi. And difficult to climb back up near future at least not until upi offers stop.
If it was not for their corporate ops I wonder if they even would continue.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
That’s difficult to deal with that’s why all the offers in the recent past. Amex share in India surely has dropped with arrival of upi. And difficult to climb back up near future at least not until upi offers stop.
If it was not for their corporate ops I wonder if they even would continue.
they are surviving only due to referral sign ups. It is by far the worst card in terms of acceptance and practical usage

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Not feeling sad for this :p but feeling sad that Amex acceptability is a issue and AMEX is doing nothing about it
Even Medplus mart have stopped accepting amex

@BestBanker @S S V
Yes acceptance is still an issue and it’s true that Amex also wouldn’t like this fact as well.
From my view it’s what it is.
Just work with what we got and use it as long as it is beneficial to you… when it is not useful just move on
We can’t start worrying about something which is in not our control, we have our own issues to deal within our own lives….

Last edited:

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
they are surviving only due to referral sign ups. It is by far the worst card in terms of acceptance and practical usage
Yes there are some issues on acceptance offline with Amex. That is bothering on reaching milestones.

They have been improving slowly but not steadily. But Amex online RM (Reward Multiplier) and customer service is the best in my view. In my total relationship of 10 months or so I have been loving it and accured more points than any other cards with me. My combination is PT, GC, PC.

Amex cards and their spends are little niche unlike Rupay cards, so we have to have cards that can diversify our spends and maximizing the benefits. For Ex ICICI Coral Rupay, Yes Rupay, Kotak Rupay etc doesn't offer much reward rate on UPI spends so everyone are behind Tata Neu cards. That doesn't mean we are not holding some of the Rupay cards I mentioned. These are just my views and I am very happy to have Amex in my portfolio, BTW I am from Tier-2 City and 99% offline acceptability is an issue for me for Amex, even then I use Amex well.