• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Good apps for storing Website links and Passwords ?

AsB

TF Ace
Are there any good apps where I can store Email id, Password and the backup Codes ( wherever an Authenticator apps are enabled ?

I use Apple Notes, but
  • they are not safe
  • they are not available outside of Apple ecosystem
I want an app which
  1. can store passwords safely (in text format)
  2. can store backup codes
  3. can store images
  4. can be a paid version (not ridiculously priced)
  5. available on Android and iOS
  6. (optional) can import notes from Apple Notes and/or Google Keep
Please suggest the best apps out there which can fulfill some or all criteria. Thanks in advance.

akshayhs

TF Ace
What you need is a password manager rather than storing them in a text format. But password managers are much more secure in the sense they store an encrypted format of your credentials.

Depending on your affordability check out Keepass (Free and data is stored locally), BitWarden (Freemium and is hybrid), 1Password(Costs you significantly and is cloud-based but offers support for pretty much everything including passkeys). 1Password is what I use because it is convenient not only for me but also for my boomer dad. |

I am not sure if password managers support importing files from Apple notes/Google note but that you have to look into.

Reactions: AsB

AsB

TF Ace
What you need is a password manager rather than storing them in a text format. But password managers are much more secure in the sense they store an encrypted format of your credentials.

Depending on your affordability check out Keepass (Free and data is stored locally), BitWarden (Freemium and is hybrid), 1Password(Costs you significantly and is cloud-based but offers support for pretty much everything including passkeys). 1Password is what I use because it is convenient not only for me but also for my boomer dad. |

I am not sure if password managers support importing files from Apple notes/Google note but that you have to look into.
Password managers are good, but what if I am logging into a different computer, when outside of my home ?
And how to store images , containing backup codes ?

akshayhs

TF Ace
It stores multiple sessions hence making it available on the go.
Backup codes are generally stored as text or images.
One time passwords are also integrated nowadays hence offering it as a one stop solution. (Not speaking about Keepass here)
tf.png

akshayhs

TF Ace
Which app is this ?
I am subbing to this app
It's called 1Password. I pay some 30+$ for individual subscription. There's family plan where can you share your subscription with your family members as well.

You can also check out Proton pass, BitWarden etc.

AsB

TF Ace
It's called 1Password. I pay some 30+$ for individual subscription. There's family plan where can you share your subscription with your family members as well.

You can also check out Proton pass, BitWarden etc.
Okay. I will see. 1Password is just over my budget, but Bitwarden is perfect within mine. How good is that app ?

akshayhs

TF Ace
Okay. I will see. 1Password is just over my budget, but Bitwarden is perfect within mine. How good is that app ?
It's equally good but does not offer everything that 1Password does. Try BitWarden since it is based on a freemium model.

AsB

TF Ace
It's equally good but does not offer everything that 1Password does. Try BitWarden since it is based on a freemium model.
Na. I dont trust free stuff when it comes to privacy. The price is good, so I will sub.
I just wanted to see how good the features and the UI are.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Na. I dont trust free stuff when it comes to privacy. The price is good, so I will sub.
I just wanted to see how good the features and the UI are.
That is why I said try it and if you don't like it, you can switch.

Are there any good apps where I can store Email id, Password and the backup Codes ( wherever an Authenticator apps are enabled ?

I use Apple Notes, but
  • they are not safe
  • they are not available outside of Apple ecosystem
I want an app which
  1. can store passwords safely (in text format)
  2. can store backup codes
  3. can store images
  4. can be a paid version (not ridiculously priced)
  5. available on Android and iOS
  6. (optional) can import notes from Apple Notes and/or Google Keep
Please suggest the best apps out there which can fulfill some or all criteria. Thanks in advance.
I have been Using Safeincloud for three years now, it is one of the best password managers

How about Zoho Vault ?
Is it better ?
Zoho Vault:

• Offers a wide range of features including password sharing, access control, two-factor authentication, and more.
  • Integrates well with other Zoho applications, providing a cohesive experience if you already use Zoho's suite of products.
  • Supports various platforms and devices, making it accessible across different systems.
  • Provides secure password storage and generation features.
SafeInCloud:

• Focuses on simplicity and ease of use with a clean interface across multiple platforms.
  • Supports biometric authentication on mobile devices for added security.
  • Allows for manual entry of password data without requiring a cloud account, which might be preferable for some users concerned about cloud storage.
  • Provides strong encryption for stored data.

It depends on your usage, if your purpose of more flexibility and simplicity than safe in cloud is good, zoho vault is more suitable for businesses or those looking for a comprehensive password management solution.

Apart from these two there are others like dashlane 1password,bitwarden.

AsB

TF Ace
Zoho Vault:

• Offers a wide range of features including password sharing, access control, two-factor authentication, and more.
  • Integrates well with other Zoho applications, providing a cohesive experience if you already use Zoho's suite of products.
  • Supports various platforms and devices, making it accessible across different systems.
  • Provides secure password storage and generation features.
SafeInCloud:

• Focuses on simplicity and ease of use with a clean interface across multiple platforms.
  • Supports biometric authentication on mobile devices for added security.
  • Allows for manual entry of password data without requiring a cloud account, which might be preferable for some users concerned about cloud storage.
  • Provides strong encryption for stored data.

It depends on your usage, if your purpose of more flexibility and simplicity than safe in cloud is good, zoho vault is more suitable for businesses or those looking for a comprehensive password management solution.

Apart from these two there are others like dashlane 1password,bitwarden.
My preference for Zoho Vault is because I can use Domestic Cards without International Transactions enabled

vine

TF Premier
1password , if you can afford to pay for their subscription. I think there is a family group offer.

Bitwarden - if you are cheap like me, and prefer open-source apps. $10-12 per year subscription is optional.

Keepass - if you prefer your password manager with no sync/totally offline.

I heard Dashlane is good, but didn't use it.

Do not use Lastpass, Google passwords, any browser inbuilt password manager, and most other so-called highly secure vaults.