• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Good News or Bad ? Now No Individual Limit . Shared limit for all Axis Bank Cards.

Sri.yadav

TF Buzz
Dear Customer,
Thank you for banking with us.
Now worry less and spend more on the card of your choice! Avail the benefit of sharing the highest credit limit across all your Axis Bank Credit Cards at no extra cost and no additional documentation.
We have observed 2 Axis Bank Credit Cards under your name.
The below cards have a lower limit than your aggregate limit:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX8 with limit of Rs.164000.00​
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX1 with limit of Rs.164000.00​
Credit limit across all your Axis Bank Credit Cards is shared. Irrespective of different credit limits individually on your Axis Bank Credit Card, the combined usage will be restricted to the shared limit.​
In lieu of the same, we are revising the individual limits across each of your cards to the aggregate limit available at an overall level. Your aggregate limit across all your cards is Rs. 210000.00 and you can share this limit across all your individual cards.​
This is the highest limit offered to you and is not a limit increment. You can now use all your cards as per your requirement, within the same limit. In situations where the outstanding exceeds the assigned credit limit, standard over limit charges will be applicable.​
Credit limits at an individual card level or shared limit at the customer level are decided at the sole discretion of the Bank basis extant internal guidelines. Axis Bank reserves the right to update the customer's demographic and personal details as per the latest application for his/her existing card(s) if any.​
Note: If you have any Fixed Deposit (FD) backed credit card or corporate credit card, it will be excluded from this activity and will continue with the limit as is. In the consideration of credit cards displayed above, bank’s internal guidelines have been applied.​
For any further queries, contact : *1860 419 5555 / *1860 500 5555 /
1800 103 5577​
Always open to help you.
Regards,
Axis Bank Ltd.

I have a weird shared limit across my 2 axis cards, one card has a limit of 3l within an overall limit of 10l for both cards. i.e. I can use upto 10l total on one card, but I can use only 3l on the other which gets deducted from the overall limit if I use it. Dunno why this gymnastics.

I think this change for citi cards as we can't expect any limit increase in citi cards migration with axis and once they merged with our existing axis card portfolio the matched citi card with existing cards

Example : we have 3 axis cards with merged limit of 5 lakhs and citi card with 1 lakh Credit limit ,

Scenario 1 : They will added citi card as 4th card and limit is same 5 lakhs , silently denied the citi limit

Scenario 2 : They will added citi card as 4th card and increase the limit 6 lakhs of all cards

Scenario 3 : They will create one account number in cibil and report all cards in one credit account in cibil instead of 4 individual accounts ( icici already reporting like this for gemstone cards)

lets wait and see
I got a credit limit increase in my existing citi card citi card after the axis takeover

I didn't receive any email but I was able to increase my 80k Flipkart CC Limit to 5.1 lacs(same as Magnus) from the app. So yes Axis has shared limits across all cards.

Last edited:
After the share limit if I close the card with higher limit what will happen?
it simple
Credit limit across all your Axis Bank Credit Cards is shared. Irrespective of different credit limits individually on your Axis Bank Credit Card, the combined usage will be restricted to the shared limit.​

if you have received mail from axis so you can close any axis card of your either lower or higher the aggregate limit will be considered which is 9 lakhs of magnus in your case.

i recently got approved for 3rd card with much higher limits, but i still have low limits on my previous 2 cards.
i mailed to pno several times, but they are saying aggregate limit will be shared among all cards but we can't remove per card limits.
even after trying multiple times they denied..

so how long does it take to auto removal of percard limit, as mentioned here that even without doing anything axis removed per card limit and matched aggregate limits of you people to all cards.

I got magnus card which is showing in app. Aggregate limit has become 4.25L. However only in case on magnus it shows 'available limit' as 4.25L. When I click on my previous two cards, it still show pre-existing individual available limits of 40K.. What does it mean? Can I spend more than 40K on my Flipkart card?

I got magnus card which is showing in app. Aggregate limit has become 4.25L. However only in case on magnus it shows 'available limit' as 4.25L. When I click on my previous two cards, it still show pre-existing individual available limits of 40K.. What does it mean? Can I spend more than 40K on my Flipkart card?
No. You need to mail them to remove per card limit or wait for axis to remove per card limit.

No. You need to mail them to remove per card limit or wait for axis to remove per card limit.
Also, can you tell me when can I redeem my existing ER points as per 5:4 ? Does transfer ratio automatically change after activating magnus or do we need to raise a request for that?

Axis recently sent me a message that my limit across all the credit cards I have in axis Bank is shared and the limit which is maximum in any of the cards will be considered from now on.

Though it's still not reflected in the app or website in the cards section. But Customer care confirmed it that the update will be coming soon. And then it'll be reflected everywhere.

So if you had 3cards with limit 1L , 2L and 5L , from now on your limit on all the cards will be 5L though it will be on shared basis like BOB, your total spend on all three cards can't cross 5L.

But still it's good news as per my understanding after all these devaluation one after another.

What's your view on this?

Attachments

• axis new limit tnc.jpg
    axis new limit tnc.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 19
  • axis new tnc.jpg
    axis new tnc.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 19
Axis recently sent me a message that my limit across all the credit cards I have in axis Bank is shared and the limit which is maximum in any of the cards will be considered from now on.

Though it's still not reflected in the app or website in the cards section. But Customer care confirmed it that the update will be coming soon. And then it'll be reflected everywhere.

So if you had 3cards with limit 1L , 2L and 5L , from now on your limit on all the cards will be 5L though it will be on shared basis like BOB, your total spend on all three cards can't cross 5L.

But still it's good news as per my understanding after all these devaluation one after another.

Old!! We already knew.
IMG_20231125_221936_559.jpg

Thanks for sharing, but its been happening for months, if not close to a year

Back