• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Got an upgrade offer from Moneyback+ to Millenia. Planning to take it for 1 year. Need advice !!

AsB

TF Ace
After lots of struggle and a lot of prayer, I recently got an upgrade offer from Moneyback+ to Millenia. And just like many other people, my upgrade is only FYF, not LTF. I have two great cards :-
  • Amazon Pay ICICI
  • Tata Neu RuPay HDFC
I reached out to Cards Services and Escalation Team, and both of them broke my heart. They said that they wont consider LTF Upgrade. One of them said that they never provide LTF upgrade (which I think is wrong).

So, I have sent an email to Grievance Redressal , trying for a final attempt to get my Upgrade as LTF. If they deny as well, I will take the card as a FYF. Then, I will use it extensively, for 1 year, replacing my Amazon Pay card completely.

If after 2-3 years, they dont buzz to give me LTF , then I will close the card, and possibly either apply C2C or make my peace with Tata Neu.

So, my questions are :;-

1) What do you think of this strategy ?

2) Is it difficult to get LTF on upgraded cards in HDFC ?

3) How easy/difficult is it to get the card approved after closing the card ?

Last edited:

Vishal4u2

TF Buzz
RML Group
By sending mail to customer care. First time they decined, tried again after 1 month and it was successfully converted.
To which email ID did you send the email ?
Also can you please send the template which you created via chatgpt, want to see how good the verbiage is to get success.
I have preferred account with recently upgrading 3 Year old LTF MB to FYF Millenia.

Strange

TF Legend
To which email ID did you send the email ?
Also can you please send the template which you created via chatgpt, want to see how good the verbiage is to get success.
I have preferred account with recently upgrading 3 Year old LTF MB to FYF Millenia.
How much have you spent from your Millennia card since it was issued?

Strange

TF Legend
Around 9K. I got upgraded from MB ltf to Millenia fyf in March. Now I have got the varient changed to Visa a week ago.
They will not consider your request without sufficient spending. I spent around 2 lakhs from my FYF Millennia card, which was upgraded from the MoneyBack+ card. Subsequently, I requested customer care over a call to convert my card to a LTF card, and it was successfully done.

Vishal4u2

TF Buzz
RML Group
They will not consider your request without sufficient spending. I spent around 2 lakhs from my FYF Millennia card, which was upgraded from the MoneyBack+ card. Subsequently, I requested customer care over a call to convert my card to a LTF card, and it was successfully done.
Its tough to rotate money with this card... Especially when i have SBI CB CC.. Did you have legit spends for those 2L. I mean if i do it at a single application probably they would notice it and may even take back the cashback points ?

Strange

TF Legend
Its tough to rotate money with this card... Especially when i have SBI CB CC.. Did you have legit spends for those 2L. I mean if i do it at a single application probably they would notice it and may even take back the cashback points ?
My spends were mixed. I did it in just 2 months 😶‍🌫️ as I wanted to convert this FYF card to LTF card.

James

TF Ace
You can sell Apay/Amazon shopping vouchers on desidime using this card. I'm doing that to reach 1L per quarter and request to convert to LTF