• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Got an upgrade offer from Moneyback+ to Millenia. Planning to take it for 1 year. Need advice !!

AsB

TF Ace
After lots of struggle and a lot of prayer, I recently got an upgrade offer from Moneyback+ to Millenia. And just like many other people, my upgrade is only FYF, not LTF. I have two great cards :-
  • Amazon Pay ICICI
  • Tata Neu RuPay HDFC
I reached out to Cards Services and Escalation Team, and both of them broke my heart. They said that they wont consider LTF Upgrade. One of them said that they never provide LTF upgrade (which I think is wrong).

So, I have sent an email to Grievance Redressal , trying for a final attempt to get my Upgrade as LTF. If they deny as well, I will take the card as a FYF. Then, I will use it extensively, for 1 year, replacing my Amazon Pay card completely.

If after 2-3 years, they dont buzz to give me LTF , then I will close the card, and possibly either apply C2C or make my peace with Tata Neu.

So, my questions are :;-

1) What do you think of this strategy ?

2) Is it difficult to get LTF on upgraded cards in HDFC ?

3) How easy/difficult is it to get the card approved after closing the card ?

Last edited:

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Upgrade offers are usually valid for a month or for a quarter but not more than that.
A month is more probable.
Mine was removed in a week last year.
and this time it keeps switching between Milennia and Regalia Gold every week or so. My current card is LTF Regalia first.

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
Yahi pata karna hai. Pahle ek bar infinia ka offer Mila tha but upgrade nahi kar paya. Ab regalia gold ka Mila hai.
Reward samajh me nahi aa raha Regalia Gold me 150 me 4 points de rahe which is equal to 0.8 rupee
Almost half of what milennia is giving
From my point of view
Mellinnia is better than any type of regalia
Upar se paid de rahe hain
I also get business regalia last month but not take
This time they gave regalia gold
Yes 150 mai 80 pesa milega regalia gold mai
So BIG NO

Trust Me

TF Ace
Try to leverage your banking relationship with HDFC, your regular use of cards, your spending pattern, etc.

If you are just asking informally, they'll decline you most of the time. Just tell them what business they'll get by providing you with an LTF card. It's always a 2-way street.

Man, it sounds rather like a job interview! :)

Is it likely to work if, as an Imperia customer, I give them hints instead about what business they're likely to lose (in terms of investments) if they don't keep me happy? :)

After lots of struggle and a lot of prayer, I recently got an upgrade offer from Moneyback+ to Millenia. And just like many other people, my upgrade is only FYF, not LTF. I have two great cards :-
  • Amazon Pay ICICI
  • Tata Neu RuPay HDFC
I reached out to Cards Services and Escalation Team, and both of them broke my heart. They said that they wont consider LTF Upgrade. One of them said that they never provide LTF upgrade (which I think is wrong).

So, I have sent an email to Grievance Redressal , trying for a final attempt to get my Upgrade as LTF. If they deny as well, I will take the card as a FYF. Then, I will use it extensively, for 1 year, replacing my Amazon Pay card completely.

If after 2-3 years, they dont buzz to give me LTF , then I will close the card, and possibly either apply C2C or make my peace with Tata Neu.

I am holding Regalia First CC LTF, I am being offered upgrade to Millenia as FYF. When I contacted Customer care they said upgraded Millenia shall be FYF and it would not be converted as LTF; only spend based annual fee waiver is possible. They are pursuing since last 6-8 months, I don't prefer to upgrade on the cost of LTF card when I have other cards with good cashback rate.

AsB

TF Ace
I am holding Regalia First CC LTF, I am being offered upgrade to Millenia as FYF. When I contacted Customer care they said upgraded Millenia shall be FYF and it would not be converted as LTF; only spend based annual fee waiver is possible. They are pursuing since last 6-8 months, I don't prefer to upgrade on the cost of LTF card when I have other cards with good cashback rate.
Regalia First is still 1% better than MoneyBack+ .Even I wouldn't take non-LTF Millenia

niteeshk

TF Buzz
  • Amazon Pay ICICI
  • Tata Neu RuPay HDFC

regarding 3 question . i am also in same boat bro . I closed my mb+ and thought of applying for millinea again . when i asked my home branch people they said they are not doing offline applications and told me to apply online again .
in online they are providing me mb+ again .
So I believe it depends on branch and also individual offer