• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got my Amex playing cards today

I have also received two sets today in separate consignments. Dont know about the 3rd one. I have MRCC and Plat Travel both through referrals and have referred one person for MRCC.
So, you applied for MRCC and Plat Travel using someone else's referral and got the cards approved -- So two gift boxes here for you... +
and you have referred one person and he got his card approved -- You will get another gift box... --- This one will come later than the earlier one...

AMEX cards - while doing great in product design, campaigns, sales n top notch customer service - is failing on the main front. The acceptability of its card in the market. Expanding the list of towns for enrolling new customers is okay n good business sense.

But, they need to do a lot on the ground. Even online portals, service providers, intermediaries are NOT accepting or declining their cards (even after entering the card details and AMEX logo appearing). Razorpay refused a couple of high value Trxns yesterday.

AMEX needs to look into this vital area.

AMEX cards - while doing great in product design, campaigns, sales n top notch customer service - is failing on the main front. The acceptability of its card in the market. Expanding the list of towns for enrolling new customers is okay n good business sense.

But, they need to do a lot on the ground. Even online portals, service providers, intermediaries are NOT accepting or declining their cards (even after entering the card details and AMEX logo appearing). Razorpay refused a couple of high value Trxns yesterday.

AMEX needs to look into this vital area.
They charge higher MDR, which they use for "product design, campaigns, sales n top notch customer service". Because of higher MDR, merchants avoid accepting it esp when have option of rupay now. So, its all give and take. Can't have both.

They charge higher MDR, which they use for "product design, campaigns, sales n top notch customer service". Because of higher MDR, merchants avoid accepting it esp when have option of rupay now. So, its all give and take. Can't have both.

Nowadays online avenues are where the bulk of spending is taking place.

That’s where the true management n marketing capabilities are to be applied.

Individual merchants may be reluctant to AMEX or even avoid it completely. That's natural n expected. Unless such high MDR is bundled with some benefits to such individual merchants.

Nowadays online avenues are where the bulk of spending is taking place.

That’s where the true management n marketing capabilities are to be applied.

Individual merchants may be reluctant to AMEX or even avoid it completely. That's natural n expected. Unless such high MDR is bundled with some benefits to such individual merchants.
Even online, higher charges create an impact. Example paytm charges higher % for wallet load, rent payment not allowed by any app.

Reactions: SSV
Is there any link where I can learn about all the Plat travel card benefits and how to maximise the returns using that? I got it yesterday FYF, but I have no idea how to use it

Back