• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got myself the SBI cash back card!

Have the following questions, can someone help me? Tried searching the forums too for specific answers but couldn't find them.

• Can I pay the credit card using HDFC EasyShop platinum DC for 1% cash back (the upto Rs. 750 thing?) There are various discussions I found here with some people saying they could do so with the new UI but not the old HDFC Netbanking UI, some people saying doing so from a browser in your laptop / computer works but not from the HDFC mobile app, some people saying state bank of india cards do not work, some people saying they were using some other payment portal .... what's the latest on this?
  • Do purchases on Amazon count for the 5% CB? My amazon purchases are mostly random items, so they should count towards 5% and the spend based waiver right?
  • What about gift vouchers on Amazon? I typically buy Google Play vouchers and Swiggy vouchers occasionally, do they stack? Or does Amazon categorize them as gift cards and SBI gives me nothing (For example: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B2K8HLPG?tag=ppvzone-21 is 3% cash back upto Rs. 120, if I buy this with SBI cash back, do I get 3% from Amazon + 5% from SBI as well? Similarly https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07C9X783G?tag=ppvzone-21 is 2% cashback for Google Play, if I buy this with SBI cash back, do I get the 2% from Amazon + 5% from SBI? I know if I use my Amazon card I get an "extra" / "additional" 2% cash back from the amazon pay ICICI card itself, wanted to know if someone can tell me how the SBI would work) . Would SBI consider the above 2 as regular purchases or gift card purchases?
  • Is purchasing "gift cards" on "gyftr" still a thing? Again , I am seeing mixed responses on the forums, some people saying MCC has been changed, they are considered gift cards now which means no 5% CB

• After you spend 1 lakh online, are the remaining purchases eligible for cash back at a lower rate, or do I get 0% on the amount over Rs. 1 lakh? Is there a way to "track" how much you have spent in a given cycle? My credit limit is more than a lakh.
  • Speaking of cycle, is it Rs. 1 lakh in a given month, (like how tata neu calculates their cashback) or Rs. 1 lakh in a given calendar statement?

anything else to be aware of? Any "tips and tricks" on maximizing the value from this card/ most efficient usage of this card? Any gotchas to be aware of?

Not sure of HDFC thing as I don’t have the account there.
Yes, you get 5% cashback on Amazon
Gift vouchers will not get you cashback whether on Amazon or Gifyr
Cashback is limited to Rs 5000 per month for both offline and online
Cashback is calculated by statement and not by calendar month

> Gift vouchers will not get you cashback whether on Amazon or Gifyr

oh good to know. So I guess best option for Google Play voucher is still Amazon-Pay itself, since it gives 2% cash back on top of the 2% discount.

> Gift vouchers will not get you cashback whether on Amazon or Gifyr

oh good to know. So I guess best option for Google Play voucher is still Amazon-Pay itself, since it gives 2% cash back on top of the 2% discount.
Purchasing gift cards from amazon, paytm, magicpin and parkplus using SBI CB will give you 5%. I also have this card and I only use this card to purchase spencer and swiggy gift cards from mentioned merchants and it’s giving CB till date.

You will get 1% CB for CC bill payment using hdfc platinum visa debit card only through hdfc net banking and not through mobile banking. And i don’t face any issue in paying SBI cc bills through it.

I think RohitSah replied correctly above in post #4.
My bad, looking specifically for the answer to question 3 and 5.

Others are straightforward.

The ones are:

"What about gift vouchers on Amazon? I typically buy Google Play vouchers and Swiggy vouchers occasionally, do they stack? Or does Amazon categorize them as gift cards and SBI gives me nothing (For example: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0B2K8HLPG?tag=ppvzone-21 is 3% cash back upto Rs. 120, if I buy this with SBI cash back, do I get 3% from Amazon + 5% from SBI as well? Similarly https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07C9X783G?tag=ppvzone-21 is 2% cashback for Google Play, if I buy this with SBI cash back, do I get the 2% from Amazon + 5% from SBI? I know if I use my Amazon card I get an "extra" / "additional" 2% cash back from the amazon pay ICICI card itself, wanted to know if someone can tell me how the SBI would work) . Would SBI consider the above 2 as regular purchases or gift card purchases?"

I know we get 5% CB from apay vouchers upto 30k/month, but I can't use apay to pay for Myntra voucher via Amazon pay ( it says can't pay with apay balance), I can pay with SBI CB directly. So was wondering if I'll get 5% here?

And the other one is this:

Speaking of cycle, is it Rs. 1 lakh in a given month, (like how tata neu calculates their cashback) or Rs. 1 lakh in a given calendar statement?

From Amazon app, if you buy vouchers of Amazon Pay gift voucher, you get 5% when you pay with sbi CB credit card.
From Amazon app, if you buy vouchers of other brands, Uber, Swiggy, etc then you get 5% + 2% or 3% (or whatever mentioned on the voucher).

Am told other apps too give this 5% + extra x%, like, Park+, Magicpin, Hubble, but I didn't use them.

So far, SBI is allowing it as a regular transaction.

If you pay with SBI CB, you should get 5%, though I didn't use Myntra app/site. I will suggest to buy Myntra vouchers as you may get 5%+ extra x% discount.

1L limit is per statement (not calender month). If it confuses you, then you ask to change the statement date to 1st of month.

Not sure of HDFC thing as I don’t have the account there.
Yes, you get 5% cashback on Amazon
Gift vouchers will not get you cashback whether on Amazon or Gifyr
Cashback is limited to Rs 5000 per month for both offline and online
Cashback is calculated by statement and not by calendar month
Amazon GV gives cashback. I use it primarily. But you have to buy it directly from Amazon. Gyftr will not give cashback.

Back