• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Has hdfc bank stopped giving pre-approved credit cards easily?

friends2b11

TF Select
One of my friends opened a bank account in January this year. She is maintaining over 2 lakhs. Even she got the classic banking preapproved offer 2 months ago. then she upgraded to the classic banking program. She is getting pre-approved debit card EMI offers of 1.5 lakhs and pre-approved loans, etc., but she is not getting any pre-approved credit card offers. She is spending lakhs in debit cards.

She got an add-on credit card. Later, she cancelled the add-on credit card. Is the system thinking that she already has a credit card just because she got an add-on credit card? It has been 3 months since her add-on credit card was cancelled by the primary credit card holder.

Any suggestions?

Hi Guys, Hope you all are well!

Please solve my query.

I currently have a 1-year-old Tata Neu Plus credit card from HDFC with a 25k limit which I use only for UPI, I Also Have an HDFC Savings Max Account which was recently converted from Digi-save Youth ( maintaining 30k as of now ), and my cibil score is 782, I want to get a core hdfc card probably Millenia ( No Freedom or MB ), what are the next steps I should take to ensure that I increase my chances to get Millenia? ( I cannot go the C2C route as I do not have any other card with a high limit )

Hi Guys, Hope you all are well!

Please solve my query.

I currently have a 1-year-old Tata Neu Plus credit card from HDFC with a 25k limit which I use only for UPI, I Also Have an HDFC Savings Max Account which was recently converted from Digi-save Youth ( maintaining 30k as of now ), and my cibil score is 782, I want to get a core hdfc card probably Millenia ( No Freedom or MB ), what are the next steps I should take to ensure that I increase my chances to get Millenia? ( I cannot go the C2C route as I do not have any other card with a high limit )
The chances are less but as ur card is 1 yr old, Req them to upgrade ur card to millennia
First, they may inc ur limit to 1L and they may upgrade it to Millennia
U will be asked to provide income docs... sometimes so, if u can provide them attach those files in ur 1st email itself

The chances are less but as ur card is 1 yr old, Req them to upgrade ur card to millennia
First, they may inc ur limit to 1L and they may upgrade it to Millennia
U will be asked to provide income docs... sometimes so, if u can provide them attach those files in ur 1st email itself
I already tried this way and they denied it two times, citing the reason that tata neu+ is a cobranded card so they cannot upgrade!

I already tried this way and they denied it two times, citing the reason that tata neu+ is a cobranded card so they cannot upgrade!
try to escalate this to their grievance team directly
if u already tried this, wait and try after few mons or it's better to apply the millennia card directly from their website

try to escalate this to their grievance team directly
if u already tried this, wait and try after few mons or it's better to apply the millennia card directly from their website
what's the grievance email address, let me try with them! although I will keep sending them emails until they agree to give millennia, for preapproved or direct application I will close Tata Neu first and then try this way

so what should I write them? - should i tag older emails i sent their customer support for the upgrade or start a new email , can you give me short format, sorry if i am wasting your time
Tag that previous reference numbers and negotiate with them to upgrade the card to millennia
Include the following
"I've been a loyal customer to hdfc bank and consistently using the tata neu card and I feel my income and profile matches and deserves a better card, if still the upgradation is not possible I may have to close my tata neu plus cc as it does not allign with my spending pattern"

Tag that previous reference numbers and negotiate with them to upgrade the card to millennia
Include the following
"I've been a loyal customer to hdfc bank and consistently using the tata neu card and I feel my income and profile matches and deserves a better card, if still the upgradation is not possible I may have to close my tata neu plus cc as it does not allign with my spending pattern"
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

I have an irctc card but swiggy was also approved.
I was thinking of opening an account with HDFC for getting a core card, but after your experience even after maintain good relationship with bank; I will let my thoughts of getting an account to rest.
Don't open an account in HDFC just to get a CC. It's not worth it! It appears just like Axis, HDFC has started enforcing customers to open a savings bank account. :mad:

Don't open an account in HDFC just to get a CC. It's not worth it!

While I agree that an account shouldn't be opened just to get a CC, apart from that, why do you think opening an account with HDFC isn't worth it?!

Both Axis & HDFC are telling that they don't offer C2C.

While I don't know myself about HDFC CCs and C4C (their T&C does talk about this option, BTW), I do know firsthand that it's still very much possible at Axis. If this was given as a reason, I believe there must have been other, better, reasons not to offer a CC.

While I agree that an account shouldn't be opened just to get a CC, apart from that, why do you think opening an account with HDFC isn't worth it?!
yes, their SavingsMax or classic are good options to choose from, Except IMPS most of the day to day banking needs can be fulfilled without any charges

While I don't know myself about HDFC CCs and C4C (their T&C does talk about this option, BTW), I do know firsthand that it's still very much possible at Axis. If this was given as a reason, I believe there must have been other, better, reasons not to offer a CC.
What I meant to say is that opening any bank account just for the purpose of getting a credit card is not worth it. Simply to maintain AMB, one needs to have parking money, which he could invest and earn a return on.

Could you quote that term & condition? It appears that both Axis & HDFC have stopped issuing cards via C2C since 2023. Credit card department guy, RM & BM have confirmed it. They are trying to get people to open savings accounts at their banks.

Back