• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Have we finally settled on a mechanism to pay rent via an AmEx card?

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey, so I recently acquired the MRCC and Plat Travel (already have a Plat Charge), and wanted to reach the 4L milestone on my Plat Travel. I was thinking of doing 4X 5000 Amazon Pay GV transactions via gyftr on MRCC to hit both milestones.

I have to pay 11K rent from this month, and I was thinking of using the Plat Travel. Seems like the last 2 holdouts PhonePe and MobiKwik both have stopped rent payments via AmEx. What's the best method to pay rent now? Should I add money via the CC to PayTM and send it to my landlord? Or should I add money to Mobikwik, withdraw, and then UPI?

I didn't get a single call from amex team
They don't call bro ! I have NOT received a single call from transaction monitoring in my 5 years with amex.

However, while trying to do multiple wallet loads they just start declining wallet transactions after a certain point ! I even had a chat with CC about this nonsense & their reply was amex treat wallet transaction like cash & hence the declines after a certain threshold !

They might have let yours through as you presumably used their credit card instead of a charge card. Wondering if this would have been a charge card if they still would have let as many wallet transactions go through in a day !

Btw, if you don't mind me asking were these CC to CC payments, just showing up as ZP- mobikwik wallet or was it a direct wallet load ?

Hi guys, circling back in rent payment thing. I'm not able to pay rent using MK so any other way to pay rent using Amex? Also I thought of using MK wallet load but charged are pretty steep. There is a code CENTURY but it's capped at ₹100. If anyone has used it, can you confirm if we can use it multiple times in a day or like add ₹10k for 3-4 days using the code?

Hi guys, circling back in rent payment thing. I'm not able to pay rent using MK so any other way to pay rent using Amex? Also I thought of using MK wallet load but charged are pretty steep. There is a code CENTURY but it's capped at ₹100. If anyone has used it, can you confirm if we can use it multiple times in a day or like add ₹10k for 3-4 days using the code?
We can't use it since MQ allows only one time addition of 20k with Amex. After that for another card I tried this code and it didnt work.

Back