• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Have we finally settled on a mechanism to pay rent via an AmEx card?

yashendra2797

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey, so I recently acquired the MRCC and Plat Travel (already have a Plat Charge), and wanted to reach the 4L milestone on my Plat Travel. I was thinking of doing 4X 5000 Amazon Pay GV transactions via gyftr on MRCC to hit both milestones.

I have to pay 11K rent from this month, and I was thinking of using the Plat Travel. Seems like the last 2 holdouts PhonePe and MobiKwik both have stopped rent payments via AmEx. What's the best method to pay rent now? Should I add money via the CC to PayTM and send it to my landlord? Or should I add money to Mobikwik, withdraw, and then UPI?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yeah…it seems like it can be used unlimited times
But still it can’t compensate for 2.95% on AMEX cards
Yes for Amex cards not much useful .. but for milestone benefits, its okay, considering we get 1% back on CC payment using Plat Dc or something like that

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah…it seems like it can be used unlimited times
But still it can’t compensate for 2.95% on AMEX cards

Yes for Amex cards not much useful .. but for milestone benefits, its okay, considering we get 1% back on CC payment using Plat Dc or something like that

If rent payment is what you want to do via amex this is your only option left.

If you load the money in tranches of 10K then effectively it becomes 1.95% + amex gives points for wallet load & depending on the card variant it can be ~250 points (Amex Plat) for a 10K wallet load, which then if transferred to MBV @ 1:1 at the very least, you can actually make money out of a rent transaction. So, see effectively you can very well pay rent to ;) at almost no cost with your amex.

What you extract out of a transaction depends on how well you play it !

edit : Pay that bill using your exclusive IndusInd debit card via paytm or pay via HDFC Plat DC, you can earn more cash back !

divykk

TF Select
What you extract out of a transaction depends on how well you play it !
Yes you are right…
Mostly I am a cashback minter so my mind always see the short term pros/cons.

Last week only i have got my Amex plat travel and am new to miles/loyalty game that’s why little reluctant on paying fee😅

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes you are right…
Mostly I am a cashback minter so my mind always see the short term pros/cons.

Last week only i have got my Amex plat travel and am new to miles/loyalty game that’s why little reluctant on paying fee😅
I, personally feel that we are still way behind the points / cashback game when compared to the US or even UK. It's only recently that more people are getting conscious of these things!!

I still remember the day when my dad had his his first Credit card way back in the 90s, his biggest satisfaction/happiness used be the ~45 grace period and being amongst the first to hold a "card" in our community (there were NO debit cards back then) 🥲 ...... Good ol' days & how much we have evolved since !!.. 😊