• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Add-on Mix up in Neu Plus application

kiwi195

TF Select
Hi, I am currently 19 years old holding an Imperia account with HDFC (family banking). I have two add on cards from my father's credit cards, linked to my mobile number. Recently contacted my RM for a credit card (no pre approved offer currently) and she said I had two cards already. Told her they were add on and she said she would let me know if she can arrange for a card. Later on, I applied for Tata Neu plus card on the app and it showed provisionally approved post net banking verification. Four days later, the application was rejected. Upon seeking the reason from customer care, I found out the application was rejected for the reason "Mobile number or address mismatch with the floater card". I'm assuming this was because of the add-on cards linked to my account which the system might have wrongly detected as my own primary cards. What can I do about this? I'm assuming that upon submission of documents, the bank will decline my application stating internal eligibility criteria. If this is a dead end, will it also prove to be a hurdle for pre-approved offers in the same way? I fear the system might not give me an offer considering the add-on cards as primary cards. Kindly advise.

First of all consider this rejection as boon and DO NOT GET A CO-BRANDED CARD AS YOUR FIRST CARD WITH HDFC,
Research more or ask if you don't get why

Now coming to your point about add-on bring considered as primary by system, i don't think so
I think this "Mobile number or address mismatch with the floater card" is a generic reason for rejection due to some other internal criteria

First of all consider this rejection as boon and DO NOT GET A CO-BRANDED CARD AS YOUR FIRST CARD WITH HDFC,
Research more or ask if you get why

Now coming to your point about add-on bring considered as primary by system, i don't think so
I think this "Mobile number or address mismatch with the floater card" is a generic reason for rejection due to some other internal criteria
I'm actually glad it got rejected for the same reason. Don't know why I went with the application. Anyway does axis have a good offering rate of pre approved offers for customers under 21? thinking about closing my kotak account and opening one with axis

I'm actually glad it got rejected for the same reason. Don't know why I went with the application. Anyway does axis have a good offering rate of pre approved offers for customers under 21? thinking about closing my kotak account and opening one with axis
I've never had any account with axis just 2 cards,
also no idea about how youngters get cards without income or cibil

Though there are a TFC members who are very young and managed to get Premium/Super Premium cards, even LTF(difficult for a seasoned carder like)

Put your age in the heading ask how to get a card, like minded people will chime in sooner or later

I've never had any account with axis just 2 cards,
also no idea about how youngters get cards without income or cibil

Though there are a TFC members who are very young and managed to get Premium/Super Premium cards, even LTF(difficult for a seasoned carder like)

Put your age in the heading ask how to get a card, like minded people will chime in sooner or later
I do hold an IDFC Wow CC and current cibil score is 743 with age of credit 3 months. Thanks for the suggestion, will make a new thread for the same

I do hold an IDFC Wow CC and current cibil score is 743 with age of credit 3 months. Thanks for the suggestion, will make a new thread for the same
Yeah your cibil is below average and credit history is way too low,
Also I'm assuming your IDFC Wow is a Secured card with low limt,
Do some debit card transactions on your HDFC card and wait for awhile, they'll offer you pre approved card eventually

Yeah your cibil is below average and credit history is way too low,
Also I'm assuming your IDFC Wow is a Secured card with low limt,
Do some debit card transactions on your HDFC card and wait for awhile, they'll offer you pre approved card eventually
They did offer me a pre approved card but they declined it later. Care to read a long rant? Also raised an ombudsman complaint for the same around two weeks ago

Last edited:
2nd June: I started getting messages and emails regarding a pre-approved card on my account. A week later, I checked the link and they were offering my paid IOCL and Freedom, which I was not interested in. My sister told me she would get me added to her Imperia banking relationship with family banking and help me get LTF millennia from her RM so I did not proceed. A week later, I received a whatsapp message mentioning HDFC has appointed an agent from Manipal Business to complete KYC for IOCL card with an application number as well. Confused, I ignored it and thought it might have been a mistake.

A week later, I was added to Imperia banking and upon contacting the RM, she told me to take the pre approved offer, promised to convert it to LTF, and later on help me get an upgrade to millennia. I tried to go with the application on Xpressway (the page where pre approved offers show up) and the pre approved offer was not there anymore. Upon applying from normal link (upon RM reccommendation), I found out an application for IOCL had been submitted WITHOUT my consent. Contacted grievance redressal and they asked me to drop KYC docs.

Post this I received an email the following day stating my application was declined due to age criteria (? it was pre approved). I asked for clarification but received no reply. Wasn't very enthusiastic to follow up so I let it go. During July, I discovered technofino community when I was helping family members get better cards. I looked in the forum if anyone else had this issue and found out a few reported the same.

August 14: I raised a complaint on RBI ombudsman stating my grievance regarding non-fulfilment of pre-approved offer and submission of application without my consent.

August 28: Received communication from bank that the application was completed with my OTP and I had opted for physical verification (wtf?). They asked me to share screenshots of pre-approved communication. I shared screenshots of the emails and SMS I received. They asked me to wait until September 2. Two follow ups since then, I was once again asked to wait until September 9 for an update. If this goes well I will have an IOCL card ( don't care enough for choice of card, enough good cards at home.) Overall a terrible experience. Ombudsman complaint is still open. If this goes in my favour, can I also ask for any form of compensation for the time I wasted? 😆

2nd June: I started getting messages and emails regarding a pre-approved card on my account. A week later, I checked the link and they were offering my paid IOCL and Freedom, which I was not interested in. My sister told me she would get me added to her Imperia banking relationship with family banking and help me get LTF millennia from her RM so I did not proceed. A week later, I received a whatsapp message mentioning HDFC has appointed an agent from Manipal Business to complete KYC for IOCL card with an application number as well. Confused, I ignored it and thought it might have been a mistake.

A week later, I was added to Imperia banking and upon contacting the RM, she told me to take the pre approved offer, promised to convert it to LTF, and later on help me get an upgrade to millennia. I tried to go with the application on Xpressway (the page where pre approved offers show up) and the pre approved offer was not there anymore. Upon applying from normal link (upon RM reccommendation), I found out an application for IOCL had been submitted WITHOUT my consent. Contacted grievance redressal and they asked me to drop KYC docs.

Post this I received an email the following day stating my application was declined due to age criteria (? it was pre approved). I asked for clarification but received no reply. Wasn't very enthusiastic to follow up so I let it go. During July, I discovered technofino community when I was helping family members get better cards. I looked in the forum if anyone else had this issue and found out a few reported the same.

August 14: I raised a complaint on RBI ombudsman stating my grievance regarding non-fulfilment of pre-approved offer and submission of application without my consent.

August 28: Received communication from bank that the application was completed with my OTP and I had opted for physical verification (wtf?). They asked me to share screenshots of pre-approved communication. I shared screenshots of the emails and SMS I received. They asked me to wait until September 2. Two follow ups since then, I was once again asked to wait until September 9 for an update. If this goes well I will have an IOCL card ( don't care enough for choice of card, enough good cards at home.) Overall a terrible experience. Ombudsman complaint is still open. If this goes in my favour, can I also ask for any form of compensation for the time I wasted? 😆
This a very convoluted situation you're in right now,
My advice is to forget about Tata Neu or IOCL, wait it out for couple of months then apply frwsh through RM

I've never complined to RBI about anything, so no idea how that works,
but if there's a age criteria for eligibility, then even if you get pre approved doesn't necessarily means you'll be given a relaxation for sure, I'm not sure if you have much of a case here

2 more things

IOCL is again co branded card, don't fall for it

HDFC is known to track complaints even years later and this is available to branch employees, managers, which makes it difficult for you to get anything from them in future(this just something I've read on this forum, cannot personally vouch for it myself)
But as such i don't go complaining unless I've been financially harmed or something

This a very convoluted situation you're in right now,
My advice is to forget about Tata Neu or IOCL, wait it out for couple of months then apply frwsh through RM

I've never complined to RBI about anything, so no idea how that works,
but if there's a age criteria for eligibility, then even if you get pre approved doesn't necessarily means you'll be given a relaxation for sure, I'm not sure if you have much of a case here

2 more things

IOCL is again co branded card, don't fall for it

HDFC is known to track complaints even years later and this is available to branch employees, managers, which makes it difficult for you to get anything from them in future(this just something I've read on this forum, cannot personally vouch for it myself)
But as such i don't go complaining unless I've been financially harmed or something
Since the complaint is already raised, I'll wait for the resolution but won't press upon is as per your recommendation. If it's declined I'll definitely wait for my RM to get me a good card (preferably millennia or regalia)

@Swastik Sorry for the pings.. should I close the add-on cards because this is the case?
I was about to say the same,
see there's no harm here,
you can always get them back whenever you want,
you can use primary for online purcheses
and if you don't have any travel plans with lounge uses in near future, There's no immediate need for them

I was about to say the same,
see there's no harm here,
you can always get them back whenever you want,
you can use primary for online purcheses
and if you don't have any travel plans with lounge uses in near future, There's no immediate need for them
Great the add on cards were co branded anyway. Gonna go ahead and close them. Now I have an unsecured card with 50k limit out of an add-on haha. Should have taken the entire limit but in case it reflects in the primary card that would have been trouble lol

Great the add on cards were co branded anyway. Gonna go ahead and close them. Now I have an unsecured card with 50k limit out of an add-on haha. Should have taken the entire limit but in case it reflects in the primary card that would have been trouble lol
Doesn’t matter now,
try to get ICICI Amazon Pay Card,
ICICI gives great limit enhancements from time to time, will be good for you
Can apply for ICICI Platinum chip card as well

Doesn’t matter now,
try to get ICICI Amazon Pay Card,
ICICI gives great limit enhancements from time to time, will be good for you
Gonna apply in around 6 months, when my credit history increases. Also have 3-4 enquiries in past 3 months plus 1 today for the pixel play card. Thank you very much for your help and suggestions

Gonna apply in around 6 months, when my credit history increases. Also have 3-4 enquiries in past 3 months plus 1 today for the pixel play card. Thank you very much for your help and suggestions
Yup wait it out for 3 months, keep checking your cibil on onescore for enquires to disappear

Back