• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Credit Card Lifetime Free Conversion Conditions 2022

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank recently updated their terms and conditions for converting a credit card to a lifetime free credit card.
According to the new conditions, we get 3 options (for maximum cards) for converting a credit card to a lifetime free card.

Credit CardAnnual FeesLIFETIME FREE
(You've to fulfil any one of the condition within first 90 days of card issuance)
CSC Small Business MoneybackRs. 250+GSTSpend Rs. 20,000
IndianOil / Freedom / MoneyBack / MoneyBack + / Business MoneyBack / Indigo-6E RewardsRs. 500+GST; Indigo 6E Rewards- Rs. 700+GSTSpend Rs. 30,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)
MillenniaRs. 1000+GSTSpend Rs. 50,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)
Diners Privilege / Regalia / Business Regalia / Indigo-6E Rewards XLRs. 2500+GSTSpend Rs. 1,00,000 / Apply for an Add on card / Balance Transfer (Min INR 10K transaction)

Balance Transfer- Moving outstanding debt on one credit card to another card— is a balance transfer.
You can't convert HDFC Infinia & DCB credit cards lifetime free using the above methods.

SmartPay LTF option is no longer available for new registration, but bank can offer SmartPay option to selected customers, check your application form for available offers while applying for a new credit card.
*Upgraded credit cards are also eligible.

jack333

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
The terms have changed this week @TechnoFino sir
Now they are giving LTF to all salaried or corporate employees with payslips. For non salaried apply C2C to get LTF. Now no need to get even an add on. No hassle of spend based LTF. Now all HDFC cards uptil regalia are LTF for new customers. Applicable for only offline method through branch. They won't entertain if you don't have a account

Last edited:

Kamal

TF Premier
TF Family
Sr Moderator
The terms have changed this week @TechnoFino sir
Conditional or spend based LTF offer has ended because of new RBI guidelines. Now they are giving LTF to all salaried or corporate employees. For non salaried apply C2C to get LTF. Now no need to get even an add on
Yes, Yesterday I also got information from an agent that there is some change in the LTF offering. And he mentioned the same thing tagged above.
Will provide link if able to find anything.

hideaway

TF Premier
Guys clarification needed for Regalia LTF.

I got the card delivered today. Applied from net banking as shown with offer. Offered DCP vs Regalia vs Indigo

1. While applying it was shown that spend 1Lakh within 90 days to make this LTF. (Regalia spent limit for LTF is 3L). So 1L criteria is new ?
2. Also there's a First year fee wavier active smartpay or Easyemi of min 10K

Why there is a FYF clause when they have given a LTF clause in first hand.

Really confused between their conditions.

@TechnoFino Pls advice.

Also RM has told me she will be able to lower the card to Millenia, after 20 days. Will that anything affect the LTF conditions?

IMG_3988.PNG

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Guys clarification needed for Regalia LTF.

I got the card delivered today. Applied from net banking as shown with offer. Offered DCP vs Regalia vs Indigo

1. While applying it was shown that spend 1Lakh within 90 days to make this LTF. (Regalia spent limit for LTF is 3L). So 1L criteria is new ?
2. Also there's a First year fee wavier active smartpay or Easyemi of min 10K

Why there is a FYF clause when they have given a LTF clause in first hand.

Really confused between their conditions.

@TechnoFino Pls advice.

Also RM has told me she will be able to lower the card to Millenia, after 20 days. Will that anything affect the LTF conditions?

IMG_3988.PNG
1L spend in 90 days was there from last few months... just spend 1L in 90 days and your card will become LTF

I read in an article that from October 2022 HDFC has removed all the LifeTime Free conversion conditions and now only Shoppers Stop HDFC Credit Card is issued as lifetime free.

Is this true? Where can we verify this information?

pratikjain4

TF Premier
I read in an article that from October 2022 HDFC has removed all the LifeTime Free conversion conditions and now only Shoppers Stop HDFC Credit Card is issued as lifetime free.

This is true. And you can test it out yourself. Some weeks ago , if you applied for hdfc card, it showed few ways how you can convert the offered card to LTF, but it does not show it anymore.

prc1990

TF Legend

I believe for the listed organizations, some of the cards are still LTF. I applied on 16th Sep offline with LTF pricing and got the card (Millennia on Diners Club) today.

panu24

TF Ace
I applied today for Millennia as my first HDFC credit card in my branch but I am not offered any LTF instead they showed me that I have Regalia as LTF offer if I apply online but then as I am interested in Millennia only. They took my physical application. The person who took my application said if I was not having any relationship with HDFC ( I have standard relationship, saving account) then I would have got Millennia LTF card. Do you people think there is still any chance for me to get this as LTF? Can I ask when verification call come to me to make this LTF?

SunnyM

TF Premier

I was only offered pre approved HDFC BUSINESS MONEYBACK life time free with limit 125000. No other option. But people are being offered much better cards LTF as well . It depends on one's profile and relationship with the bank.