• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Bank credit limit upgrade offer.

Shoxie

TF Premier
So, I've been using milliniea for the past 7 months. Wrote them for a credit limit increase last Month and they denied the request. Escalations also didn't work, even though I had credit limit of 1.5L from other banks.

My credit limit was only 20k, which is only of the lowest for Millennia credit card. Since then, started maintaining 50k in the account and have increased my spends in the card will spend 1l in the current quarter, have spent approximately 60k from start of the year.

I've now received an offer to upgrade my Credit limited to 40k only, which is also very low. So my question is, should I wait for at least another month, spend more than 1L in the quarter, and then reach write an email for manual CL Enhancement? Will that work? Or they'll still offer me only 40k?

Also, if I accept the CL enhancement now, how long does it take for HDFC to offer another CLI? Is it 6 months cooldown like in Axis and SBI?

P.s. My salary doesn't match the requirement of 35k pm and I applied and got this card on C2C basis. I posted this considering this is a specific case, I tried searching and didn't get any results similar to this

Solution
So my question is, should I wait for at least another month, spend more than 1L in the quarter, and then reach write an email for manual CL Enhancement?
1st findout deadline to avail le? Spend as much you can till 10 days before deadline.

Tell them you are planning to buy a mobile/laptop and 40K limit wouldn't be enough. And you would be forced to spend it on other card. Share hdfc and one other cc statement to show that your limit is higher in that card and your repayment history is good.

You can say I am student /self employed. Hence sharing itr/salary slip won't be helpful. Ask them to make special concession for your case. If they don't agree , then accept the auto le.

COmM4nDer

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So, I've been using milliniea for the past 7 months. Wrote them for a credit limit increase last Month and they denied the request. Escalations also didn't work, even though I had credit limit of 1.5L from other banks.

My credit limit was only 20k, which is only of the lowest for Millennia credit card. Since then, started maintaining 50k in the account and have increased my spends in the card will spend 1l in the current quarter, have spent approximately 60k from start of the year.

I've now received an offer to upgrade my Credit limited to 40k only, which is also very low. So my question is, should I wait for at least another month, spend more than 1L in the quarter, and then reach write an email for manual CL Enhancement? Will that work? Or they'll still offer me only 40k?

Also, if I accept the CL enhancement now, how long does it take for HDFC to offer another CLI? Is it 6 months cooldown like in Axis and SBI?

P.s. My salary doesn't match the requirement of 35k pm and I applied and got this card on C2C basis. I posted this considering this is a specific case, I tried searching and didn't get any results similar to this
I also got limit increase from 1.02lkh to 1.38lkh. Weird stuff from HDFC. My other credit cards including SBI are above 4Lkhs. They are miser when it comes to limit.

Shoxie

TF Premier
No LE but got an upgrade offer from Moneyback plus to Millenia
Heyy, how long you were holding the card? What was the limit? And do you meet the salary criteria of 35k per month for millennia? How much did you spend roughly in the last 6 months?

Sorry for so many questions lol. Mb to millennia is quite a rare sight. My GF has Mb. Trying to upgrade that to millennia.

Trust Me

TF Ace
True, very few people have got generous credit limit enhancements from them.

I happen to be one of those fortunate few! HDFC even tried massaging my ego: "you are amongst only 10% of our customers getting such an offer"!

I was like: "If I'm so special to you, what's stopping you from ever offering me an upgrade to a decent card from my current Moneyback ?!"

People with Max Savings Account get generous LE. Others get after 2-3years that also max 30-50k.

There is no point trying to make any sense out of HDFC's logic! Since I somehow happen to be "one of their 10% special customers" (how ?!), they had kept on routinely showering me with automatic and generous LE's even when I had just a regular account with them, and only moderate levels of card usage!

SycSCNR

TF Buzz
Heyy, how long you were holding the card? What was the limit? And do you meet the salary criteria of 35k per month for millennia? How much did you spend roughly in the last 6 months?

Sorry for so many questions lol. Mb to millennia is quite a rare sight. My GF has Mb. Trying to upgrade that to millennia

Sorry for so many questions lol. Mb to millennia is quite a rare sight. My GF has Mb. Trying to upgrade that to millennia.
I got the Moneyback plus card on 2022 December with a low limit of 20k.Used for small purchases like 1 to 2k .On December 2023 I send ITR to their Chennai office and got the limit enhanced to 1lakh.Last month used it to buy an iPhone 14 for a friend.I.have a savings account with them too keeping only minimum balance of 5k