• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hdfc Bank credit limit upgrade offer.

Shoxie

TF Premier
So, I've been using milliniea for the past 7 months. Wrote them for a credit limit increase last Month and they denied the request. Escalations also didn't work, even though I had credit limit of 1.5L from other banks.

My credit limit was only 20k, which is only of the lowest for Millennia credit card. Since then, started maintaining 50k in the account and have increased my spends in the card will spend 1l in the current quarter, have spent approximately 60k from start of the year.

I've now received an offer to upgrade my Credit limited to 40k only, which is also very low. So my question is, should I wait for at least another month, spend more than 1L in the quarter, and then reach write an email for manual CL Enhancement? Will that work? Or they'll still offer me only 40k?

Also, if I accept the CL enhancement now, how long does it take for HDFC to offer another CLI? Is it 6 months cooldown like in Axis and SBI?

P.s. My salary doesn't match the requirement of 35k pm and I applied and got this card on C2C basis. I posted this considering this is a specific case, I tried searching and didn't get any results similar to this

Solution
So my question is, should I wait for at least another month, spend more than 1L in the quarter, and then reach write an email for manual CL Enhancement?
1st findout deadline to avail le? Spend as much you can till 10 days before deadline.

Tell them you are planning to buy a mobile/laptop and 40K limit wouldn't be enough. And you would be forced to spend it on other card. Share hdfc and one other cc statement to show that your limit is higher in that card and your repayment history is good.

You can say I am student /self employed. Hence sharing itr/salary slip won't be helpful. Ask them to make special concession for your case. If they don't agree , then accept the auto le.

thewittypanda

TF Select
So, I've been using milliniea for the past 7 months. Wrote them for a credit limit increase last Month and they denied the request. Escalations also didn't work, even though I had credit limit of 1.5L from other banks.

My credit limit was only 20k, which is only of the lowest for Millennia credit card. Since then, started maintaining 50k in the account and have increased my spends in the card will spend 1l in the current quarter, have spent approximately 60k from start of the year.

I've now received an offer to upgrade my Credit limited to 40k only, which is also very low. So my question is, should I wait for at least another month, spend more than 1L in the quarter, and then reach write an email for manual CL Enhancement? Will that work? Or they'll still offer me only 40k?

Also, if I accept the CL enhancement now, how long does it take for HDFC to offer another CLI? Is it 6 months cooldown like in Axis and SBI?

P.s. My salary doesn't match the requirement of 35k pm and I applied and got this card on C2C basis. I posted this considering this is a specific case, I tried searching and didn't get any results similar to this
Bro, consider yourself lucky, you're getting 40K increase. I've been using Millennia since 8 months, crossing 1L milestone each quarter still they've offered me only 7K increase which few days back has changed to 5K and they keep sending offer everyday as if they're increasing it by 50K.

Bro, consider yourself lucky, you're getting 40K increase. I've been using Millennia since 8 months, crossing 1L milestone each quarter still they've offered me only 7K increase which few days back has changed to 5K and they keep sending offer everyday as if they're increasing it by 50K.
Same here. Stuck with Moneyback+ card with 15k limit from 1 year.

Wait minimum 9months to 1year. After 1 year click limit increase. If still they don't, you can contact the cc department and request them stating reasons.

abhishek751

TF Premier
Today, I got le from 170000 to 189000 for my millennia card. Started from 40000 in 2020 money-back card but still no significant increase. I started with initial limit of 100000 in 2022 for ICICI card and now, I am at 310000. Indeed HDFC is kanjoos bank.
I also got LE from 1.05 L to 1.36L,
Don't know should i take it or wait for better one.

Last edited:

deep@vie

TF Legend
Previous to this LE my highest was 3L on icici sapphiro which I got last month only under alumni program.
I have a 1.5 year old moneyback+ and got LE from 55K to 6.44L.....when I first saw the increased limit my jaw dropped
I went from 50k to 55k to now 6.44L
You should definitely buy lottery tickets then,you're the first one to get this kind if LE if you're not maiantainig high NRV with them.