• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC BANK FD RECEIPT (PHYSICAL)

Ak Singh

TF Ace
I opened HDFC Bank fixed deposit from my branch.
And asked from them for fixed deposit receipt they provided me a single page fd receipt like Xerox of fd receipt.

This fd receipt which looks like single paper. Which I could be downloaded from HDFC app and get printout from cyber cafe.
But I want to know is this really original fd receipt or they just provided me copy.

I remember when I opened fd in icici bank they provided me thick and original paper fd receipt but in HDFc they given me paper like fd receipt.
Does anyone know how original fd receipt look like?

Does anyone know, is this original fd receipt or just copy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408-211735__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408-211735__01.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20240408_222357__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20240408_222357__01__01.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 94

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I opened HDFC Bank fixed deposit from my branch.
And asked from them for fixed deposit receipt they provided me a single page fd receipt like Xerox of fd receipt.

This fd receipt which looks like single paper. Which I could be downloaded from HDFC app and get printout from cyber cafe.
But I want to know is this really original fd receipt or they just provided me copy.

I remember when I opened fd in icici bank they provided me thick and original paper fd receipt but in HDFc they given me paper like fd receipt.
Does anyone know how original fd receipt look like?

Does anyone know, is this original fd receipt or just copy.
These days, after the computerised systems were introduced in the Banking industry, they have reduced dependency on paper based evidence ..
In those days, when everything was manual, we used to have. passbook , Fd certificates etc in paper form..

Your FD confimation advice is more than enough for all practical purposes to act as a proof for your FD.
Even though it was printed on normal plain paper , it has HDFC logo watermark and it clearly says compter genrated and hence no signature / stamp required..

Enjoy life, don't stress on un-necessary things .. go with the flow..
If you still require FD Certificate, contact branch and explain your situation.. they will definitely help you..

iampqq

TF Premier
Even I was not aware of that

Waise I don't thik we need all this these days

I do multiple fds and close them in emergency/requirements

If bank started sending me these papers

It will be hectic to store them🤣
Bhai online mai nahi send karte
But offline mai krte
Koi koi bank mai vohi ek option hota ki vo paper dikha kr close hoga
Hdfc mai offline open ki hui online close hoti but baki bank mai nhi

iampqq

TF Premier
These days, after the computerised systems were introduced in the Banking industry, they have reduced dependency on paper based evidence ..
In those days, when everything was manual, we used to have. passbook , Fd certificates etc in paper form..

Your FD confimation advice is more than enough for all practical purposes to act as a proof for your FD.
Even though it was printed on normal plain paper , it has HDFC logo watermark and it clearly says compter genrated and hence no signature / stamp required..

If you still require FD Certificate, contact branch and explain your situation.. they will definitely help you..
Technically they already provided him
Now it's the choice of backend that they send it or not
He can't even complain because he already got

Ak Singh

TF Ace

But they are saying that fd certificate are not issued anymore. Why are they lying?

I showed them below screenshot and they are saying this is an old fd and for new fd it is not issued anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409-045344.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409-045344.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 10

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But they are saying that fd certificate are not issued anymore. Why are they lying?

I showed them below screenshot and they are saying this is an old fd and for new fd it is not issued anymore.
The one they have given will also work. Ask them to have the stamp and BM signature on it.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

In this case, if they stopped issuing FD certificates then it’s better not to worry about it..
As I said before , this will act good for every practical purposes to prove your claim of holding FD with them.. it doesn’t need to be on the thick paper…

Lately what is happening is: people are opening and closing FDs left , right and centre. Instead of wasting resources on paper ( ie trees) they are using electronic records as evidence..
As I said , don’t stress on unnecessary things

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

You can also download and print the same FD advice from the app on demand as below…

1712641712093.png

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Oh same like
Amex suspended account op .
You need understand that not everyone is comfortable in sharing all their financial data on the forums. To some extent it’s okay as everyone is different…
But sometimes to give them a better advice we need to know the whole scenario, then onl this problem happens…

It’s like giving prescription without knowing all the symptoms!!

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
You need understand that not everyone is comfortable in sharing all their financial data on the forums. To some extent it’s okay as everyone is different…
But sometimes to give them a better advice we need to know the whole scenario, then onl this problem happens…

It’s like giving prescription without knowing all the symptoms!!
In cases like amex suspension , - no one can help but give generic responses

In cases like IT NOTICE - one get generic response here & talk to CA ( atleast have choice )

In case or @Ak Singh -
Print FD advice
Go to branch

1- print your fd advice ( branch will do )
2- print statement where amount debited for fd ( branch will print )
3- post your picture ( passport)
4- stamp of Branch manager & signature

It's as good as legal document.

If hdfc has stopped giving physical paper for fd Slip ( there is nothing u can do )
Hdfc bank statement is available via DIGI LOCKER ( DOWNLOAD FROM THERE IS AS GOOD AS LEGAL DOCUMENT)

I hope it clear all your answer